PDA

View Full Version : The game yesterday

LFC in Exile
01/12/2003, 12:41 PM
Lads, fair play - it really went down to the wire. And in fairness you did get the goal of the season at the Pike after all. What a goal - he must have meant it because it was outrageous to try it. They say clubs are most vulnerable after they score but two touches after they score?

This mightn't be the time to say it but I was really disappointed with Kildare's performance. I'd like your opinions. The ball was hoofed every single time. There wasn't even an attempt to get the ball down and play it around. None of the back four seem to even take a second touch - it was just straight back in the air. I don't remember that as being a huge feature under Keely - is this Hannigan's way of playing? If so I wouldn't be hugely optimistic for you next season. It really was dreadful.

Anyway, hope we don't see you again next year.

Estar
05/12/2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
you did get the goal of the season at the Pike after all. What a goal - he must have meant it because it was outrageous to try it.

This mightn't be the time to say it but I was really disappointed with Kildare's performance. I'd like your opinions. The ball was hoofed every single time. There wasn't even an attempt to get the ball down and play it around. None of the back four seem to even take a second touch - it was just straight back in the air. I don't remember that as being a huge feature under Keely - is this Hannigan's way of playing? If so I wouldn't be hugely optimistic for you next season. It really was dreadful.

Anyway, hope we don't see you again next year.

It's a pleasure to watch Marc play, worth the entrence fee alone. He has incredible football vision.

To be honest I too was disappointed with Kildare County performance, we didnt match Limerick's effort.
It was not the time for pretty football.

Limerick have a big test in the Brandywell.