PDA

View Full Version : League Director gives two fingers to First Division

Pages : 1 [2]

sligoman
27/02/2009, 4:53 PM
rather than Collins analysing what error the Sligo right back made this week. :rolleyes:I'm fairly sure that never happened;)

Rovers1
27/02/2009, 4:56 PM
I'm fairly sure that never happened;)

it may this year :(

micls
27/02/2009, 5:10 PM
Are these not the very people who need to be made aware of the existence of first division clubs in their vicinity? Rather than having to find out for themselves?

Thats why I said in my other post that the are should be clear times and details about all games at the end of every show. So the person who's just watched a great game between Derry and Bohs(for example) might go and see what their own team are like.

Once they do that the club then has its chance

You wuoldn't want to show off your worst suit, so why show Cork?
Because we (now) have a better squad than most other teams(17 of them anyway).

Someone watching MNS or a live game is going to be watching it for the football, theyre not going to care if the team were in examinership the year before or not(imo).

Now on the other hand, if tis someone who's just reading papers about the league Id be trying to keep us away from them as much as possible, because newswise we are a disaster for the league.

Would you feel the same way next season if you were relegated ?

I can honestly say yes.

I'd certainly be annoyed I couldnt watch highlights I miss but it wouldnt change my opinion on the issue. Similarly I think boring Premier games should have shorter highlights and decent quality football should get longer highlights(we were involved in plenty of boring games last year).

I think its just about packaging it right as a league.

I also wouldnt have a problem with MNS deciding to go to Fingal vs Shels instead of a premier game thats expected to be dull.

But if MNS are only willing to have 5(or however many) cameras and crews then in general the premier division will have the better football.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
27/02/2009, 5:11 PM
I NEVER liked the guy anyway, but that just confirmes what I already knew.......The g!t'$ a m()pp€t

Red&White Rover
27/02/2009, 5:16 PM
I NEVER liked the guy anyway, but that just confirmes what I already knew.......The g!t'$ a m()pp€t

Yeah, but you've just emphasised Boh_So_Good point about Irish people having sh*t grammar with that post.

In fact, it is just nonsense.:p

pineapple stu
27/02/2009, 6:05 PM
Because we (now) have a better squad than most other teams(17 of them anyway).
It was a rhetorical question to highlight the error in pete's logical.

mediahack
27/02/2009, 6:53 PM
Two mates discussing it in a pub is legimate but the head guy in the league saying it in a national newspaper is a disgrace and he should walk!!!

What it also does is reinforce the belief that this attitude is, de facto, the view in Abbottstown and is what is discussed behind closed doors.

I have no doubt that clubs have pitched to sponsors the possibility of TV exposure when they were looking for money - wonder was that part of Waterford United's pitch to land Three?

So they head to local businesses -

"would you sponsor a hoarding please?"

"No thanks, your chief in Dublin says there isn't a hope of my sign being seen on TV!!!"

That's another fine mess you've got us in, Fran!!!!!!!!!:mad:

sligoman
27/02/2009, 11:08 PM
It's an absolutely disgraceful thing for someone in the FAI to say. We may think it ourselves but an FAI man shouldn't be saying it in public. How much will he get fined for that?:rolleyes:

GalwayRed
27/02/2009, 11:09 PM
Unproffessional and fairly ignorant of Gavin to come out and say that in public regardless of whether hes right or not. I dont have a problem with the FAI not wanting to show first division games live but they should at least have a goals roundup during mns.

pete
28/02/2009, 12:20 AM
While I may not agree with the criticism of Fran Gavin he is a poor communicator in the media & seems he has not improved in recent years.

mediahack
28/02/2009, 10:15 AM
Hearing on the grapevine that he has issued a written apology to the clubs in the First Division!

Not going far enough IMO!