PDA

View Full Version : Newly Redesigned League Website

Réiteoir
26/02/2009, 11:06 PM
Looks pretty good - and no longer redirects to eircomloi.ie

Youtube highlights channel "League of Ireland TV" looks as if it could good

Jofspring
26/02/2009, 11:29 PM
Excellent website, much more professional. Really enjoyed the loi video on it. The directions to all the league grounds will come in handy too.

soccerc
26/02/2009, 11:30 PM
Looks pretty good - and no longer redirects to eircomloi.ie

Youtube highlights channel "League of Ireland TV" looks as if it could good

Looks good.

Nice to see Martin O'Neill has taken over at Rovers

SRFC Manager Profile

http://www.loi.ie/images/stories/clubs_features/oneill.jpg
Martin O'Neill

sligoman
26/02/2009, 11:33 PM
Vastly improved, credit where it's due. Well done to those involved.

Lets hope it's kept updated now.

blue til i die
26/02/2009, 11:41 PM
looks pretty cool, lets just hope its kept up to date.

robertob
27/02/2009, 12:01 AM
Impressiv! Realy nice, the new look is great, it's finitely a professional design for the official LoI site. LoI TV looks good too, the opening video is nice. Hope they kept up to date .

Boh_So_Good
27/02/2009, 12:26 AM
superb - really got me buzzin for the kick off.

also subscribe to this:

http://www.youtube.com/leagueofirelandtv

Boo_Boy
27/02/2009, 6:15 AM
Nice site, ALOT better than the old one.

A face
27/02/2009, 7:55 AM
http://www.loi.ie/index.php

Its excellent. Prpper database backend as well so its easier to manage articles etc.

There is also talk of a predictions league being managed in conjunction with RTE.

Mr A
27/02/2009, 8:38 AM
A little sad to see no mention of Cobh on there. Would have preferred to see at least something short on them and the other A championship clubs.

Mayo Red
27/02/2009, 8:47 AM
As with everyone else I think the new site is excellent, and something the League has been crying out for. It should be very useful in marketing the League better aswell. Can't wait for the new season to kick off, only a week to go now!!:)

sligoman
27/02/2009, 11:31 AM
A little sad to see no mention of Cobh on there. Would have preferred to see at least something short on them and the other A championship clubs.If they want coverage they should get promoted to the First Division!...and then the Premier Division;)

Youths4Ever
27/02/2009, 12:02 PM
excellent new site. something very positive for the league and will give people a good first impression

Boh_So_Good
27/02/2009, 12:29 PM
also rate all the videos 5 stars if they are good in order to move them up the you tube rankings.

dcfc_1928
27/02/2009, 12:31 PM
Yeah - it looks like its based on Joomla CMS

http://www.loi.ie/index.php

Its excellent. Prpper database backend as well so its easier to manage articles etc.

There is also talk of a predictions league being managed in conjunction with RTE.

BohDiddley
27/02/2009, 12:37 PM
Brilliant! Congrats to all involved. Please, please keep it up.

Nice touch with the celebs on YouTube. Who do they support? I know Michael D is Galway and Creedon is Cork.

sligoman
27/02/2009, 1:23 PM
Brilliant! Congrats to all involved. Please, please keep it up.

Nice touch with the celebs on YouTube. Who do they support? I know Michael D is Galway and Creedon is Cork.Do all the ones who did ad's actually go to games? I know Michael D does but do the others?

kingdomkerry
27/02/2009, 1:39 PM
Superb website!

pete
27/02/2009, 1:45 PM
Maye its just me but I notice the links for ther top of the page (Home-Matchzone-Clubs-etc...) don't work easily when trying to say access Club Info. Works fine from the side links.

At long last I can also get the fixture list.

BrayUnknowns
27/02/2009, 3:52 PM
The pic of Fran Gavin with a Wanderers scarf on makes me feel sick looking at it

Looks great, but why couldn't this have been done years ago ?

atfconline
27/02/2009, 4:00 PM
Some poor basic errors in it though.

"Athlone Town is the oldest football club in the Republic of Ireland, having been founded in 1887. The club entered the League of Ireland in 1922 and have competed in every season since."

And most of the below positions are well out of date.

Chairman: Ken Bryan
Secretary: Tommy O’Neill
Executive Committee: Tom Fitzgerald, Tony Kilmartin, Tony Knight, Mattie Lough, Alan McCaul
Media Officer: Ray Egan

First team manager: Dermot Lennon

DmanDmythDledge
27/02/2009, 4:41 PM
Do all the ones who did ad's actually go to games? I know Michael D does but do the others?
Creedon does anyway, don't know about the rest.

centre mid
27/02/2009, 4:46 PM
I like the interactive league tables.

A face
27/02/2009, 7:27 PM
Creedon does anyway, don't know about the rest.

Creedon definitely does, avid City fan and brings all the family as well.

luka
28/02/2009, 3:12 PM
Some poor basic errors in it though.
Someone ought to tell them that Wexford Youths are in the First Division as well. They have omitted them from the starting line up in the tables..........:eek:

Mr A
28/02/2009, 3:34 PM
Someone ought to tell them that Wexford Youths are in the First Division as well. They have omitted them from the starting line up in the tables..........:eek:

I heard they haven't been paying wages. Maybe the FAI are going to kick them out of the league?

A face
28/02/2009, 4:42 PM
I'd like to see the articles on the older sites added to this site so that we can search back if we need to research something. This would be invaluable and would make great use of work that has been done in the past.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
28/02/2009, 6:11 PM
It looks a really good site.

I have to say the old one wasn't great in my opinion.

A face
01/03/2009, 10:26 AM
Will Brian de Salvo still have a section i wonder?

DmanDmythDledge
01/03/2009, 10:33 AM
Will Brian de Salvo still have a section i wonder?
I think it would be better if they had him doing a podcast. Reading his stuff last season wasn't the same as listening to him on the radio.

blackholesun
05/03/2009, 12:14 PM
www.shamrockrovers.ie relaunched today too ...

would be interesting to see what non-Hoops make of it!

bhs

Youths4Ever
05/03/2009, 12:18 PM
the site is very slow to open in any other browser other than internet explorer personally use Mozilla all the time and it a pain that it does not work properly in it

Boo_Boy
05/03/2009, 12:21 PM
Both browsers are opening the site very fast for me.

Youths4Ever
05/03/2009, 12:26 PM
Both browsers are opening the site very fast for me.

must be something in my settings then I will have to take a closer look.

Sheridan
05/03/2009, 12:49 PM
Content looks good, but the design is pretty sloppy. What's with that huge border on the top and right?

A face
05/03/2009, 12:50 PM
www.shamrockrovers.ie relaunched today too ...

would be interesting to see what non-Hoops make of it!

bhs

Looks good but one thing, the google ads up top, could they be place on the right, above or below the other advert. Its pushing the content down the page and might be easily avoided.

KildareFan
05/03/2009, 1:01 PM
Kildare County's website has been redeveloped too

http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/

It's includes news now from the local senior and schooolboys league.

It also has what I think is the most comprehensive stats section of any website in the league. There are details and reports for every game that we have ever played and also stats for every player to have have appeared for us.

pete
05/03/2009, 1:43 PM
I think the content from old LOI site was just copied into the new layout.

The real test is when it comes to keeping the content updated.

A face
05/03/2009, 1:54 PM
I think the content from old LOI site was just copied into the new layout.

The back dated stuff? Like from the last 2-3 years?

blackholesun
05/03/2009, 3:06 PM
Content looks good, but the design is pretty sloppy. What's with that huge border on the top and right?

These borders are currently being filled with some google adds. They might be being filtered out by your network which is why they appear blank. But these are only placeholders for now, the plan is to sell this space for targetted advertaising.

bhs

Tis-smeee
05/03/2009, 3:52 PM
New one launched at www.waterford-united.ie too

Buller
05/03/2009, 8:00 PM
www.shamrockrovers.ie - New site and the squad players + tallaght stadium pictures are all updated. The shop was also given an overhaul and is now very professional imo.

Youths4Ever
09/03/2009, 10:55 AM
Already littered with silly mistakes like mervue now missing from first division table wexford missing last week.

Is there a full table anywhere on the site?

DmanDmythDledge
09/03/2009, 3:10 PM
Already littered with silly mistakes like mervue now missing from first division table wexford missing last week.

Is there a full table anywhere on the site?
I didn't see a mistake with it last time you posted and no difference this time. There must be something wrong with your browser/whatever as it's perfect for me.