PDA

View Full Version : Waterford United 3 Mobile Adverts

cornerflag
26/02/2009, 5:14 PM
So 3 sign a sponsorship deal with Waterford United and immediately on the website there are 3 Mobile adverts plastered all over the website advertising english premier league and champions league highlights on you mobile phones.

Lovely!

waterford-united.ie/ (http://waterford-united.ie/)

Rory H
26/02/2009, 5:25 PM
all over? there's one on the homepage. big deal. Every club in the league is jealous I would imagine. Fair play to them

blue til i die
26/02/2009, 5:27 PM
yea...so...they need to arvertise something, and considering they dont have Ireland highlights... and the interest people have in seeing the english and european, i dont see anything wrong with it

Fantastic announcement by the club.
roddy and dolan were there at the launch too.
pictures on inpho and sportsfile

cornerflag
26/02/2009, 5:36 PM
Not dissing the sponsorship at all, its great to have such a big sponsorship name for both the league and your team and yes i am jealous.

i just think its funny because it was the first thing i noticed when i went onto the site to read about it.

there are plenty of other things the could have advertised tho such as em phones for example!

hopefully it could lead to some sort of deal between 3 and the fai to get some highlights on the phones in the future.

sullanefc
26/02/2009, 5:57 PM
Whatever brings the money in. Fair play waterford.

LeixlipRed
26/02/2009, 7:53 PM
hopefully it could lead to some sort of deal between 3 and the fai to get some highlights on the phones in the future.

Eircom own Meteor so can't really see that working.

Pauro 76
26/02/2009, 9:12 PM
Who's making Waterford's kit this year? I saw the launch on sportsfile but cant make out the kitmaker...

blue til i die
26/02/2009, 9:17 PM
Who's making Waterford's kit this year? I saw the launch on sportsfile but cant make out the kitmaker...

Made by Azzurri in Waterford

Paddyfield
26/02/2009, 9:40 PM
Eircom own Meteor so can't really see that working.

The Eircom League is no longer sponsored by Eircom AFAIK.

It's now just known at the League of Ireland

Réiteoir
26/02/2009, 11:02 PM
But eircom are one of the Keyholder Sponsors ("Official Telcoms Provider of the LoI" or similar) - so point still stands somewhat

Mental Man
27/02/2009, 2:00 AM
Well done to all at Waterford United for getting this, its great advertisement for the club and hopefully the League.

A face
27/02/2009, 8:18 AM
How much was the sponsorship deal worth?

Rovers Maniac
27/02/2009, 10:10 AM
Allegedly Cork were about to get it until Dolan muscled in on it and won it For Waterford. Well done Waterford and Dolan.

mediahack
27/02/2009, 10:20 AM
Allegedly Cork were about to get it until Dolan muscled in on it and won it For Waterford. Well done Waterford and Dolan.

What a complete and utter load of b****x!

The only reason Dolan was at the launch was through The Star cos the MD is involved with WUFC.

This deal was apparently pulled together through a marketing guy attached to the club and the CEO of 3 who comes from Waterford.

Rovers Maniac
27/02/2009, 11:31 AM

The only reason Dolan was at the launch was through The Star cos the MD is involved with WUFC.

This deal was apparently pulled together through a marketing guy attached to the club and the CEO of 3 who comes from Waterford.

Just saying what i heard mate !

A face
27/02/2009, 2:22 PM

Just saying what i heard mate !

mediahack, you should be able to spot a WUM faster than that my friend.

A face
27/02/2009, 2:27 PM
How much was the sponsorship deal worth?

If its only €20 a year then its not a great deal. How much was it worth does anyone know?

blue til i die
27/02/2009, 2:40 PM
If its only €20 a year then its not a great deal. How much was it worth does anyone know?

No announcement was made about it, but it was a significant sum.

Dodge
27/02/2009, 2:44 PM
Whatever the price, it looks very professional and three are alreayd involved in high level sports sponsorships so it'll reflect waterford well in the wider business community.

Great to see companies like that involved

pete
27/02/2009, 2:52 PM
Whatever the price, it looks very professional and three are alreayd involved in high level sports sponsorships so it'll reflect waterford well in the wider business community.

Yeah, good to see a National Brand involved in the LOI. Looks more professional than Mickey Mac Pub or similar.