PDA

View Full Version : Web Blog

Dodgysnapper
26/02/2009, 3:10 PM
I have started a Web Blog for the new season, will be looking for anything interesting to talk about or take pictures of!

Any suggestions etc leave a note!

http://dodgykeeper.wordpress.com/

jebus
26/02/2009, 3:24 PM
Football :confused:

Dodgysnapper
26/02/2009, 3:31 PM
Football :confused:

Good Suggestion!:confused::confused:

eekers
26/02/2009, 4:05 PM
Weblog or Blog but not Web Blog.

/pedant

Rocky77
26/02/2009, 4:15 PM
Weblog or Blog but not Web Blog.

/pedant

Next item on the agenda; world peace....

John83
26/02/2009, 4:18 PM
Next item on the agenda; world peace....
Hey, this stuff is important. What if someone fails to cure cancer because of a misspelling in deoxyribonucleic or something? :p

Tis-smeee
26/02/2009, 4:25 PM
Hey, this stuff is important. What if someone fails to cure cancer because of a misspelling in deoxyribonucleic or something? :p

U.C.D Supporters the fans everyone loves to hate :eek:

John83
26/02/2009, 4:36 PM
I'm wondering if osarusan pointed out the missing punctuation in Tis-smeee's post.

Anyway, I'm off. Someone's just promised me world pease. It's probably just a vegetarian lunch, but if people suddenly start hugging you and singing Kumbaya, you'll know.

osarusan
26/02/2009, 4:42 PM
I'm wondering if osarusan pointed out the missing punctuation in Tis-smeee's post.

It was a bit closer to home actually John.

John83
26/02/2009, 4:59 PM
It was a bit closer to home actually John.
If it's to do with the tense in the conditional, I'm reasonably sure I'm right for once (though it's always confused me - I learned it incorrectly in school). If I'd written "because someone misspells", that'd be wrong, but "fails" is right.

osarusan
26/02/2009, 5:03 PM
If it's to do with the tense in the conditional, I'm reasonably sure I'm right for once (though it's always confused me - I learned it incorrectly in school). If I'd written "because someone misspells", that'd be wrong, but "fails" is right.

I was looking at misspelling in versus misspelling of in relation to the following word or words, but deleted my post due to a combination of excessive pedantry and not being sure if I had it correct or not (or if any rule even existed).

Anyhow, back to the webblog / blog / web blog..........

John83
26/02/2009, 7:45 PM
I was looking at misspelling in versus misspelling of in relation to the following word or words, but deleted my post due to a combination of excessive pedantry and not being sure if I had it correct or not (or if any rule even existed).
You're certainly quoting a more conventional usage. I think I'm still okay though.

Anyhow, back to the webblog / blog / web blog..........
Yes indeed. We're likely to wind up with half a dozen posts in rubbish as it is.

I've taken a look at the blog, Dodgysnapper. "I plan on travelling the length and breadth of Ireland following the beautiful game..." One thing you might cover is some of the secondary issues for travelling fans: places to stay and eat, local travel. It's something that gets asked about all the time in threads here.

Regarding the football itself, match reports and opinions on the game won't get you readership unless you've a real gift with words: there is no shortage of them elsewhere. Find a niche.

Dodgysnapper
26/02/2009, 9:00 PM
You're certainly quoting a more conventional usage. I think I'm still okay though.

Yes indeed. We're likely to wind up with half a dozen posts in rubbish as it is.

I've taken a look at the blog, Dodgysnapper. "I plan on travelling the length and breadth of Ireland following the beautiful game..." One thing you might cover is some of the secondary issues for travelling fans: places to stay and eat, local travel. It's something that gets asked about all the time in threads here.

Regarding the football itself, match reports and opinions on the game won't get you readership unless you've a real gift with words: there is no shortage of them elsewhere. Find a niche.

There will be no match Reports, I will be picking a game each week which I will travel to and take pictures of, the game, the surrounds and the people.

I will also have articles written by Supporters, Players and Journos, these hopefully will compliment the pictures.....

Longfordian
26/02/2009, 9:01 PM
If he is who I think he is perhaps he could tell us about each team's gear or half time snacks, he'd know a lot about these matters..:p . Best of luck in all seriousness though, I'll keep an eye on it during the year.

Dodgysnapper
26/02/2009, 9:08 PM
If he is who I think he is perhaps he could tell us about each team's gear or half time snacks, he'd know a lot about these matters..:p . Best of luck in all seriousness though, I'll keep an eye on it during the year.

Half time snacks! Me never!

Dodgysnapper
03/03/2009, 8:48 PM
New article on the DodgyBlog

http://dodgykeeper.wordpress.com/

ShnaeGuevara715
04/03/2009, 11:02 PM
Thrown it on the RSS heap. Fantastic plan. Hopefuly more will pop up soon

Dodgysnapper
08/03/2009, 2:46 PM
Pictures from friday night up on http://dodgykeeper.wordpress.com/