PDA

View Full Version : Deccie Daly, City Legend

yiddo
30/11/2003, 6:10 PM
Well done to all City supporters for the great send off given to Deccie today. Deccie always gave 100% for City and never hid when things got tough.

Best of luck to Deccie in the future and thanks for everything .

DolansWaistcoat
30/11/2003, 6:56 PM
Spot on yiddo,Deccie is a city legend.Shame on all the sheep who booed him for the last couple of seasons and during the hit the bar this season,ignorant muppits the lot of um.:mad:

Good luck Deccie,thanks for everything:D

Counting Crow
30/11/2003, 8:14 PM
Nice touch by Pat Dolan to put Deccie on for the last 5 minutes.

Great send off for a City legend. Fair play to him for sticking it out this season with never a hint of him getting a game. If my memory serves me correctly he was never one to complain and was an excelent captain in his day.

Mind you he nearly put the heart cross ways in me with that back pass with a minute left ( there was a Drogs forward almost in line with the pass and Devine ).

Doubt ya Deccie boy. One of the last links to the great City team of Barry, Caulfield, Morley, Freyne, Buscuits etc has been severed.

Hoofing will never be the same again.;)

James
01/12/2003, 8:15 AM
and deccie's intitled to an U21 winners medal if we win tomro :)
isnt he ?

ccfcgirl
01/12/2003, 10:08 AM
Decky served city well done through the years best of luck to him in the future

thecorner
01/12/2003, 10:28 AM
he will still be hoofing next season for st. marys if anyone is interested in watching

legend

niamh
01/12/2003, 10:29 AM
Was glad when I heard he got a last run out.
Now he is a Cork City legend, despite the last few seasons.

Eric
01/12/2003, 12:50 PM
As far as I know he has played a few games for the U21's so will get a medal when they win tomorrow night.

Hope he stays on with the club in some aspect because the influence and experience he has to pass on will be vital to help this young team progress.

City would just not be the same without him

James
01/12/2003, 3:18 PM
yeah definately got alot of experiance to offer the kids
maybe a coaching role or some sorts

NorthoftheLee
01/12/2003, 4:22 PM
i thought he already was lecturing on Hoofing 101??:D

only messin......Deccie you're a City Legend Biy!!!!

jofyisgod
01/12/2003, 5:09 PM
Agree with all the above. Good luck Deccie and hope to see you back again in the future sometime.

ian
01/12/2003, 5:30 PM
Ya his a legend all right best of luck to you Deccie.:ball:

pete
02/12/2003, 9:46 AM
Defo City legend. Lost a bit of pace in recent years but seemed to master the art of last ditch tackle then. Great leader on the pitch & will hardly see his like again.

Shame about the hoof chant cos sounds like a boo from distance.

Would have to get his place in anyones all time city 11.

DolansWaistcoat
02/12/2003, 10:28 AM
A lot of people were chanting hoof.

Some people were booing the last couple of years though,I know I was standing near a few of the muppits in the shed.:mad:

Snatch
02/12/2003, 12:10 PM
Adieu Deccie. Thanks for all the great years. Let's hope his fighting spirit will always be a part of City play. Possibly the best header of the ball in the club's history. Remember he is only about 5ft9".

well done to Dolan too. Gestures like that are vital for improving club spirit and player - fan rapport.

paudie
02/12/2003, 12:16 PM
Couldn't get to the game on sunday but delighted that Deccie got a great sendoff.

A club legend, probably second only to Davey.

Deccie captained us to our only two major trophies remember.

Please God some one else will have that honour next year.

good to hear there was a decent crowd as well. I was a bit down after the poor form of the team at the end of the season but at least we,ve europe to look forward to.

Pressure really on dolan next season though.

wiseman
02/12/2003, 3:32 PM
He had a great game Mon. for the benefit. Spent the last 15 min up front trying to get a goal and pushing Biscuits around the place. Not a bad game all round. FFFFreezing wind ripped right through. Small crowd