PDA

View Full Version : RTÉ again...

pineapple stu
30/11/2003, 12:06 PM
I know this topic has been done to death, but RTÉ appear to want to do outdo themselves at every turn. They're showing a live game today at 3:00 - clashing with all the Irish games - and who's playing? Hibs and RANGERS!!! I can only presume they're trying to cash in on all the barstoolers who are waiting for Man U - Chelsea, but showing two teams no-one in Ireland cares about (in a good sense anyway) in a direct clash with the last day of the league is surely an absolute disgrace?!

pete
02/12/2003, 9:06 AM
Well RTE do cover the SPL. I alwasy thought it strange they just showed Glasgow Celtic.

DruggyDrog
02/12/2003, 2:35 PM
They do have a deal to show the SPL, but its the same deal they had in the past and they never showed other teams then. I think its becuase they already paid for the package, so might as well show a game even if no one is watching. Its obvious why they only showed Celtic in the past, thats where the target audience is, but can't blame them for showing as much games as they can from the package they bought, but you can blame them for forking out stupid money on SPL rights, Premiership rights, crying when the FAI sell their international rights, and then not giving a f**k about the EL.