PDA

View Full Version : well done

gael353
29/11/2003, 9:42 PM
Dublin. well done indeed. hope to see ye soon.

UCD_4_Life
29/11/2003, 9:48 PM
Congratulations lads.

Roo69
29/11/2003, 10:31 PM
lads, cant put it into words how gutted i am !

I could write a big long post about several things but that would sound like sour grapes so ill just leave it at that !

Anyother EL fans at the game ? what did ya's think of it ?

TheRealRovers
30/11/2003, 2:15 AM
Nah. There's to many Dubs in the premier league dublin home farm everton fingal city or what ever they call them self’s are going straight back down

Ringo
30/11/2003, 9:33 AM
sour grapes indeed, enjoy the First division again next year! Can't take our name of the throphy. Well done to all Viking fans.

TheRealRovers
30/11/2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ringo
Can't take our name of the throphy.
Is that dublin, home farm, everton or fingal ;)

Éanna
30/11/2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
Nah. There's to many Dubs in the premier league dublin home farm everton fingal city or what ever they call them self’s are going straight back down
agreed. there should be a law against horrible re-invented franchise teams with no fans and crap grounds.

brendy_éire
30/11/2003, 12:33 PM
Hard luck Bray. Would have wanted any 1st division team up ahead of Dublin City. Another 5, at least, Dublin teams in the Premier next season.

Hopefully our lads (and Longford!) will do the business and ensure UCD will be joining ye's next season.

irishstranger
30/11/2003, 4:04 PM
:cool: Congrats

sadloserkid
01/12/2003, 11:36 AM
I gotta say well done too. Over the course of the season ye got the most points and that's that really. Good luck next year!

Ringo
01/12/2003, 11:40 AM
hope ye join us. anybody but Finn Harps!!!

Maynard
01/12/2003, 1:06 PM
What a night! Fair play to both sets of fans for helping to make it a night to remember.
Defended like lions. Delighted for Rocky, Gill and all the players.

Countyman
01/12/2003, 1:16 PM
congrats. You got the most points so you deserved it......at least we can say we beat the champions twice ;)

LFC in Exile
01/12/2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
agreed. there should be a law against horrible re-invented franchise teams with no fans and crap grounds.

A bit rich coming from a Cork fan - the ultimate in franchise. Cork United, Cork City, Cork Hibs, Cork Alberts, how many more have there been? Of course you have the fans and the ground (well, you rent a good ground) but lets give Dublin City time. I say fair play to them. Its not their fault that there are too many Dublin teams in the premier division. Its the fault of the football public outside of Dublin who fail to get out and support their sides. And any Dublin team in the premier is there purely on merit. Geography can't be used to determine football tables.

Fair play as well to Rocky Seery who took a chance on something and has worked hard to see it get to this stage. He should be commended for the work he put into the club, I wish we had someone on our committee with half of his energy and commitment.

And I am not so sure they will come straight back down either. A lot of people said that about Waterford last year.

Roo69
01/12/2003, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
congrats. You got the most points so you deserved it......at least we can say we beat the champions twice ;)

But thats the thing about it ! they didnt deserve it

if you had of been at the match on saturday night you would know what i mean by saying they didnt deserve it ! the only reason why dublin city didnt loose on saturday night is because of the ref and his lines men, at one stage the city defence were virtually playing GAA !

we were cheated - simple as that.

Sheridan
01/12/2003, 4:23 PM
Fantastic achievement, fellas, wish I could have shared in it. Just my luck to get sick and miss the entire run-in. :(

Seeing the packed ground on TV3, I couldn't help but think back to that warm summer evening in early July, when I and around 200 other souls watched City beat Kilkenny 2-1 with two scrappy goals from corners. Championships owe as much to such nights as to the high-profile matches against close rivals.

The penalty looked like a complete joke, but absolute poetic justice for Bray's Machiavellian chicanery in getting Charles available for the match, and then coming on here to gloat about it :p

LFC in Exile
02/12/2003, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by Roo69

if you had of been at the match on saturday night you would know what i mean by saying they didnt deserve it ! the only reason why dublin city didnt loose on saturday night is because of the ref and his lines men, at one stage the city defence were virtually playing GAA !

You poor things. Leagues aren't won in one game. Why were you three points behind going into thegame if your are a better team. Refereeing decisions go against teams all the time. If we could get back all the dodgy decisions against us we probably would have won the bloody league as well. Its part of football. Take your beating.

And I don't know why Bray think they would be better in the premier than Dublin City. Based on what I saw you're a shower of hoofers.

Ringo
04/12/2003, 6:34 AM
Originally posted by Roo69

were you cheated again last night:D must have been the refs fault again:p

Estar
05/12/2003, 10:39 PM
Well done Dublin City, best of luck next season. Enjoyed all three matches this year. Whitehall has the best pitch and bar in Division 1.:cool: