PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City with 1st

brendy_éire
29/11/2003, 8:50 PM
A 1-1 draw with Bray gives Dublin City the First Division title.

Another Dublin team in the Premier - just what the League could have done without.

For the sake of the League of Ireland, UCD better go down tomorrow.

Come on City!! Come on the Town!!

TheRealRovers
29/11/2003, 9:38 PM
*******s

Ringo
30/11/2003, 9:39 AM
the amount of Dublin teams in the premier league has nothing to with us, we won fair and square, despite the best efforts of the Eircom League. Its been agreat year, see you all soon!

brendy_éire
30/11/2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Ringo
the amount of Dublin teams in the premier league has nothing to with us, we won fair and square, despite the best efforts of the Eircom League. Its been agreat year, see you all soon!

No-one is arguing that you didn't get up fairly. And you think the League is biased against Dublin City?!? :eek:
But surely you can admit that having such a large number of Dublin teams in the Premier isn't a good thing?

Ringo
30/11/2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by brendy_eire
No-one is arguing that you didn't get up fairly. And you think the League is biased against Dublin City?!? :eek:
But surely you can admit that having such a large number of Dublin teams in the Premier isn't a good thing?

Agree , love Dublin City to be the only Dublin team in the premier division, then you could really hate us!! my point about the Eircom League was in relation to letting Wes Charles play. The game could have been shown on TV3 Today live, but the League objected. 4 mins extra time was way over the top.Just because i'm paranoid does not mean that their not against us.Its hard for us to build a fan base, because of all the Dublin teams. There was 3000 there last night, so hopefully some of them will stay on the bandwagon!!!

Roo69
02/12/2003, 3:24 AM
Originally posted by Ringo

my point about the Eircom League was in relation to letting Wes Charles play

4 mins extra time was way over the top.

Its hard for us to build a fan base, because of all the Dublin teams. There was 3000 there last night, so hopefully some of them will stay on the bandwagon!!! -

1. Bray appealed the decision, which they have every right to do ! How is this cheating ? especially seeing that Charles shouldnt have been sent off againist Kildare !

2. 4 mins was over the top ! you must be having a laugh there ! What about the minutes and minutes and minutes for time wasteing, all the so called injuries to City players and the Devo incedent ?

3. 3/4 of the fans at the match were Bray supporters

and finally !

4. After seeing the highlights of the match tonight on tv3 i feel even more cheated by that **** head of a ref ! never ever in a million years was it a peno ! and Tarzan gets absolutey flattened and nothing is given, it didnt even show have of the stuff City got away with !

Ringo
02/12/2003, 6:45 AM
two words grapes & sour. get over youself.:p

SÓC
02/12/2003, 10:55 AM
If the highlights are anything to go by Bray were robbed.

Even in the first 15 seconds of the game a Bray player was fouled after he had played a killer pass to another Bray player in space. The Ref stopped the game to rather than play the advatage.

Bray should have had a free kick on the edge of the box and a peno, Dublin City's peno was the ultimate **** take.

If I was a Bray fan my blood would be boiling. That Ref has to be dropped from the panel for that performence.

patsh
02/12/2003, 12:50 PM
Buttimer is not, never has been and will never be up to reffing at any level. He is dire.
Bray were absolutley robbed the other night.
If I were them, I'd refuse to ever play a game he was involved in again. There are NO excuses for that kind of incompetence.
He might get dropped for a week or two, Bray lose out on the championship. Thats hardly justice....:eek:

Éanna
02/12/2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
If the highlights are anything to go by Bray were robbed.

Even in the first 15 seconds of the game a Bray player was fouled after he had played a killer pass to another Bray player in space. The Ref stopped the game to rather than play the advatage.

Bray should have had a free kick on the edge of the box and a peno, Dublin City's peno was the ultimate **** take.

If I was a Bray fan my blood would be boiling. That Ref has to be dropped from the panel for that performence.
Buttimer has basically cost them the title and possibly promotion. I know refs make mistkaes but when it happens 2 yards in front of a guys eyes like Brays 2 penalty appeals, there's no excuse. Whats done is done, but bray have every right to feel cheated. Buttimer should not be allowed near a whistle again. How he gave the spotter to Dublin City is beyond me.

Estar
05/12/2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Buttimer has basically cost them the title and possibly promotion. I know refs make mistkaes but when it happens 2 yards in front of a guys eyes like Brays 2 penalty appeals, there's no excuse. Whats done is done, but bray have every right to feel cheated. Buttimer should not be allowed near a whistle again. How he gave the spotter to Dublin City is beyond me.

Buttimer sent off three County players v Bray at Station Road. Was he on the Dublin City payroll?:D

Estar
06/12/2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by brendy_eire

Another Dublin team in the Premier - just what the League could have done without.

Don't worry Charlie Mc Sneeky is to decentralize all Dublin EL clubs to Kerry,Carlow,Mayo and Clare:D