PDA

View Full Version : whats happening

Pages : [1] 2

disillusioned
24/02/2009, 1:42 PM
lads

just thought i would join and write as i am so disheartened by what is goin on , i have been watching ramblers since henderson took over and i drove past the ground today and felt very sad , probably for the first time since the club was formered there will be no real senior games taking place in the ground, aleague is a joke, it is shown in its real light by fact that the season is so short, nobody gives a toss about it.

then you read here about meetings, factions and strive you never read about positive actions being taken to turn it around, you have the focr coming up with ideas then dissapearing, you have the mocr(members of cobh ramblers) doing interviews on 96fm saying stuff will come out then they too dissapear, you have more fights than sidetracks on a saturday night, then you have acommittee sitting pretty through a time where they should be walking, look at boi/aib when wrong doing was exposed all the people at the top were shipped out pronto.

lads the worrying thing is that time is slipping by quickly and a league inclusion is looking dodgy unless yere affairs are in order, are they in order as from reading here it looks unlikely

lads it is great to talk and blow smoke up each others a***s, but action is what is needed, look at tom coughlan at city he got a plan and stuck to it and will prob be league champs this year, whereas cobh will be luckyto see a league drivel.

shame on all involved, looks like city will be the only alternative, as people are not going to travel to cobh to watch a league better off goin to watch rockmount or avondale

ps youve had the FOCR, then the MOCR, whats next for ye the NOCRS because to the rest of the country ye look like a bunch of t*ts already

pcplod
24/02/2009, 1:57 PM
Real helpful, try telling us something we dont know!
IMO nothing will be done until after AGM on Sunday

rambler14
24/02/2009, 2:19 PM
look at tom coughlan at city he got a plan and stuck to it and will prob be league champs this year, whereas cobh will be luckyto see a league drivel.

Tom Coughlan's a clowns and a bluffer. Ask any Cork City fan and they'll tell you the same!
They refer to him as TNB(Tommy No Bobs). Cork will have more financial trouble than ever before in my opinion. I expect the sh!t to hit the fan after about 10 games!

the sub
24/02/2009, 3:05 PM
You might be right but they will be playing football for years to come
Ur always waiting for a meeting to sort things not long ago after ur meeting to save ur chairman
You were going to have english club over concerts act for making money for the club
Well where are they

pcplod
24/02/2009, 3:35 PM
Look you are not a member so you dont know the half of whats going on even if you claim you do. So why dont you just give it a rest things are being done and people are trying to get OUR club back on track so change the record because we have all heard it before as its the only one your playing.

disillusioned
24/02/2009, 3:45 PM
pot kettle black, always putting people down, im glad im not a member, pcplod you are a little cheeky he may be playin the one record , but he least he has the courage to stick to what he believes you have more records than a djs box, your favourite record seems to be "anyway the wind blows" reading back through your posts that seems to be the common thread

pcplod
24/02/2009, 4:10 PM
pot kettle black, always putting people down, im glad im not a member, pcplod you are a little cheeky he may be playin the one record , but he least he has the courage to stick to what he believes you have more records than a djs box, your favourite record seems to be "anyway the wind blows" reading back through your posts that seems to be the common thread

Why because I have changed my mind about the way the club is being run My beliefs are still the same I still believe that Cobh Ramblers can be saved and that it needs to be run like a business, that all members need to give a helping hand in making this happen, and that we need to go amature in order to achieve this the only thing that I dont believe in anymore is The current chairman and committee and I am not afraid to stick to my beliefs another of them being that i dont think the club should be held to ransom by the FOCRS if they really had that money they should have made it available becaue now we probably wont be playing any football tris season and however bad the committee are they also have to take responsibilty for that. Whats changed then other than that?

the sub
24/02/2009, 4:25 PM
[quote=pcplod;1111939]Look you are not a member so you dont know the half of whats going on even if you claim you do. So why dont you just give it a rest things are being done and people are trying to get OUR club back on track so change the record because we have all heard it before as its the only one your playing.[/quote

Well your the guys/girs on this thread day and night for the last 12 months knocking this group and that group running this guy down or that girl down if they dont agree with your ways.

I be quite honest it seems to me I know what is going on in YOUR club more than you and I have proven that.
There are no djs in my house to change the record, what I wrote on these threads are ideas to help YOUR club.

You have more meetings than the goverment and more times than not you carry on like them running down any support you get if you do not like it, did one of your save the clubs meetings go on for 7 hours and all that happened was in house fighting like the rest.
So dont come on to me if YOUR club is bankrupt, you have no manager, no team and not playing LOI football I did not cause this mess.
You and your members did by doing nothing as I said for the last 12 months months. You paid players you could not afford you had players SOME who could not PLAY football because if they were that good they would have been snapped up by other PREMIER clubs. Please do not say Waterford because the manager took some of his friends and Cambridge left before the season finished.
All you hear is MSL remember 1983 lets re live the past it never happens
Its about time you get REAL as I have said many time by sitting on your ass doing nothing you more than likely not even get to play A League football this year.
So I supose you come back on saying I know nothing about nothing but you are far far wrong.

the sub
24/02/2009, 4:37 PM
Why because I have changed my mind about the way the club is being run My beliefs are still the same I still believe that Cobh Ramblers can be saved and that it needs to be run like a business, that all members need to give a helping hand in making this happen, and that we need to go amature in order to achieve this the only thing that I dont believe in anymore is The current chairman and committee and I am not afraid to stick to my beliefs another of them being that i dont think the club should be held to ransom by the FOCRS if they really had that money they should have made it available becaue now we probably wont be playing any football tris season and however bad the committee are they also have to take responsibilty for that. Whats changed then other than that?

You could have saved the club if you sent in audit accounts and if you paid the tax man 30k up and monthly payments but you did not.
And when the statement went on this thread by the commette outling why did did not do their job and you lost out in the only revenue by playing loi you did nothing.
If that was any other club there would have been outrage and heads would have rolled. You have a chairman and a commette who are untouchable and even though they brought the club to it knees they are still there.
I know your agm is next week but its too late the damage is well and truly done and what I hear if correct your chairman has another year left god help you

pcplod
24/02/2009, 4:43 PM
I am the first to admit that the players should not have been given the wages they did and that alot of the shouldnt have been playing at all. All I am saying is that we are in limbo at the mo ,noone wants to work with the current committee we dont know if we will be playing next year and as soon as we have a new committee I am sure people will be more willing to pull together and sort this mess out well I hope so anyway. You say you know sooo much well if you do then you would know that things have been done and are being done to right things but the fact of the matter is that so much is wrong that it isnt going to be fixed over night

pcplod
24/02/2009, 4:46 PM
I am only to aware that the damage has been done and it was the committees fault with regards the 30k as we as members were not asked to help but that is a story for another day. Heads should have rolled I agree but we have a constitution that is out dated and protects them so our hands are tied.

disillusioned
24/02/2009, 4:50 PM

if money was available it should have been given to club, if all are against chair/comm why not organise a protest of fans or something why not work together instead of against each other, cobh seem to be a pass the buck club always someone elses fault never yere own, if you read all these posts who in their right mind would nvest in ye, ye remind me of leeds, spent a fortune had a chairman on an ego trip and well look at them now, except the difference is they are still playin football , come the middle of march when games start i hope all yere arguing keeps ye goin cause football certainly wont

the sub
24/02/2009, 4:55 PM
I am the first to admit that the players should not have been given the wages they did and that alot of the shouldnt have been playing at all. All I am saying is that we are in limbo at the mo ,noone wants to work with the current committee we dont know if we will be playing next year and as soon as we have a new committee I am sure people will be more willing to pull together and sort this mess out well I hope so anyway. You say you know sooo much well if you do then you would know that things have been done and are being done to right things but the fact of the matter is that so much is wrong that it isnt going to be fixed over night

Is'nt that a better thread than running people down, just because they do not agree with what you say.
Yes alot of wrong have gone on within your club, as long as your chairman is with your club you will not achieve nothing...... unless you get very strong officers on the commette who have a big say in running the club, plus very strong commette members.
You cannot have a commette who agree something and another officer within the club do something other what was agree behind their back.
You need professional people within the club with business background and people who can manage other people with respect.
That is what I have been saying all the long... YOUR members should have been stronger months and months ago and said hey we are in big trouble no money no accounts no tax or creditors paid and no fundrasing.
You should all have seen the problems and who was causing them and as members you should have taken action.

MainManRam
24/02/2009, 5:30 PM
I actually feel sorry for ye loners:( that ye cant get anybody on yere own forum so ye have to come on here and spout SH*T. At first I thought ye were just been helpful;) but now ye are like the disliked relative who just won't go away. Get lost and find sum1 who supports the club ye do and leave us bitch amongst ourselves.

luka
24/02/2009, 5:32 PM
Jeez people. Punctuation please. It would certainly make reading the posts much easier :)

over the bridge
24/02/2009, 5:45 PM
So now ramblers are playing A league and recent fans are moving off to watch rockmount or whoever it is time to judge what support ramblers have in the local community and harness that support. at the next home game it should be advertised all over the town as a support your local club or save your local club game. and then try to sign up new club members at that game. my son asked me what is all the trouble about I could explain the finacial problems but the rest was best left unsaid .His answer was "WE WILL STILL SUPPORT RAMBLERS".

MainManRam
24/02/2009, 5:48 PM
So now ramblers are playing A league and recent fans are moving off to watch rockmount or whoever it is time to judge what support ramblers have in the local community and harness that support. at the next home game it should be advertised all over the town as a support your local club or save your local club game. and then try to sign up new club members at that game. my son asked me what is all the trouble about I could explain the finacial problems but the rest was best left unsaid .His answer was "WE WILL STILL SUPPORT RAMBLERS".

Thats brilliant OTB. A few hundred more of ye and this club might just find a way out.

the sub
24/02/2009, 7:37 PM
I actually feel sorry for ye loners:( that ye cant get anybody on yere own forum so ye have to come on here and spout SH*T. At first I thought ye were just been helpful;) but now ye are like the disliked relative who just won't go away. Get lost and find sum1 who supports the club ye do and leave us bitch amongst ourselves.

is that all you have to offer, who is the sad person then who have no s**T to sprout about. would all that anger be better pointed to the officers of Cobh Ramblers insted of here.
If you were that vocal over the months you would not be in the mess.
Again with your stupit outburst its no wonder you do not have club or a sponsor.
if you sign up you can go onto any forum you like even the A league one well that for awhile after that it will be the MSL , then to AUL and schoolboys at the end.
This is only replying to the stupit person no one else.
If you read some of my threads I would be intrested in putting my hand in my pockets and supporting new club officers I only trying to point you in the right direction.

6yardpunisha
24/02/2009, 8:14 PM
the sub has a point,in fact he has a few valid ones which should be taken on board but in defence of some people on here they were genuinely led up the garden path by the committee and are very hurt that we will be playing A League at best so what i will say to you(the sub)stop rubbing it in to people, you have made your(valid)points. May i also commend you for offering to put your hand in your pocket

the sub
24/02/2009, 8:37 PM
the sub has a point,in fact he has a few valid ones which should be taken on board but in defence of some people on here they were genuinely led up the garden path by the committee and are very hurt that we will be playing A League at best so what i will say to you(the sub)stop rubbing it in to people, you have made your(valid)points. May i also commend you for offering to put your hand in your pocket

I'm not rubbing nothing in but it p....s me off when someone passes stupid comments
About something they don't agree with all u need to agree to disagreeg

6yardpunisha
24/02/2009, 8:40 PM
I'm not rubbing nothing in but it p....s me off when someone passes stupid comments
About something they don't agree with all u need to agree to disagreeg

its an internet forum, your going to get stupid comments, posted my own fair share but by constantly reminding people it looks like your rubbing it in, keep the positive ideas coming, god knows we need them considering what we have steeing the ship at the moment

rambler14
24/02/2009, 8:42 PM
its an internet forum, your going to get stupid comments, posted my own fair share moment

I think I hold the record!:D

6yardpunisha
24/02/2009, 8:43 PM
I think I hold the record!:D

by a country mile, remember you stalking mucky in douglas, sorry for bringing that up btw:D

rambler14
24/02/2009, 8:44 PM
by a country mile, remember you stalking mucky in douglas, sorry for bringing that up btw:D

It was Ballincollig ACTUALLY!:cool:

6yardpunisha
24/02/2009, 8:45 PM
It was Ballincollig ACTUALLY!:cool:

with your dad:D

rambler14
24/02/2009, 8:46 PM
with your dad:D

The whole family were there!:cool:

6yardpunisha
24/02/2009, 8:47 PM
The whole family were there!:cool:

mucky's or yours:D

rambler14
24/02/2009, 8:48 PM
Mine!:cool:

the sub
24/02/2009, 9:32 PM
Mine!:cool:

Is`nt. Late for u to be on your computer don't u have school tomorrow
Do ur parents know

rambler14
24/02/2009, 9:39 PM
Is`nt. Late for u to be on your computer don't u have school tomorrow
Do ur parents know

Actually I have WORK tomorrow oh and there was something else eh..............fcuk you!:mad:

It was a private joke that you weren't involved in and STILL arn't involved in!:mad:

marty
24/02/2009, 9:44 PM
Every single thread started is sadly a negative one,we know we have NO money as some of us have been saying since last year.This time last February I was looking forward to a fresh new season at the top with a young hungry team and in fairness we didnt look too poor as a club for so long.What followed was appalling and the club has lost many stalwards through the year to show this,I certainly dont think the chairman can survive this time around any challenge from a half decent force will see him out but once again some of the names going forward haven"t been around the club that long-might not be a good or bad thing Im not sure all I know is what anyone promises at the AGM needs to be questioned with "HOWS".It is going to be a tough few years and I dont think we will return for a long time as I just cant see us making hay in this sxxte league

the sub
24/02/2009, 9:59 PM
Actually I have WORK tomorrow oh and there was something else eh..............fcuk you!:mad:

It was a private joke that you weren't involved in and STILL arn't involved in!:mad:

Wasn't a private joke if everyone have seen it on the thread months ago

I tell u something if l find out who u are I will f@@k u big time d@@k head
Trust me again u have to revert to talking a load of crap
Can't wait to see how u get on at the agm if that's.the best u can come up with

rambler14
24/02/2009, 10:01 PM

I'm sorry I don't swing that way, I'm not one for going in the backdoor!:cool:

Oh and by the way i'm James......nice to meet you!:)

pcplod
25/02/2009, 7:06 AM
I'm sorry I don't swing that way, I'm not one for going in the backdoor!:cool:

Oh and by the way i'm James......nice to meet you!:)

That one beats all definatly POTM:D

Beezer
25/02/2009, 9:09 AM
Every single thread started is sadly a negative one,we know we have NO money as some of us have been saying since last year.This time last February I was looking forward to a fresh new season at the top with a young hungry team and in fairness we didnt look too poor as a club for so long.What followed was appalling and the club has lost many stalwards through the year to show this,I certainly dont think the chairman can survive this time around any challenge from a half decent force will see him out but once again some of the names going forward haven"t been around the club that long-might not be a good or bad thing Im not sure all I know is what anyone promises at the AGM needs to be questioned with "HOWS".It is going to be a tough few years and I dont think we will return for a long time as I just cant see us making hay in this sxxte league
Couldnt disagree with you there Marty.With all due respect to the candidates going forward for committee this year you have to ask yourself are these the right people to get the club out of this financial mess?
If you had a business which was in serious financial trouble to the extent that Ramblers are would you employ any of these people to get you out of trouble?
Im sorry to say I wouldnt

The Rebel Ram
25/02/2009, 9:28 AM
Couldnt disagree with you there Marty.With all due respect to the candidates going forward for committee this year you have to ask yourself are these the right people to get the club out of this financial mess?
If you had a business which was in serious financial trouble to the extent that Ramblers are would you employ any of these people to get you out of trouble?
Im sorry to say I wouldnt

I couldn't AGREE with you there Beezer! You have to ask yourself do we finally have an energetic, educated, dedicated, workable, business minded, business experienced, committed group finally going forward to bring the club forward. And the answer is YES.
It has to be a complete clean sweep IMO. And these are the best around to complete this task. All others have tried and failed with the club. Give these their opertunity to save our club.
Any of them I have questioned have realistic goals and plans to save and re-develop our club. Any of the 'old stock' of committees are just concerned about getting money for the manager and the team!
It is time for a radical change at the top and those going forward IMO have the credentials to get us there.

Beezer
25/02/2009, 11:21 AM
would have to agree with you that there needs to be a clean sweep but unless a miracle happens the Chairman has another year to run in office (god help us).
Lets be honest here some of the candidates going forward are a joke and would only hinder the club rather than help it.
Others were involved in the Sunderland committee and they didnt do themselves any good with the profit that was made and the way things were handled.
IMO it may be time to look "outside the box" and bring in an independant chairman,treasurer & secretary and let them steady the ship.

The Rebel Ram
25/02/2009, 11:49 AM
would have to agree with you that there needs to be a clean sweep but unless a miracle happens the Chairman has another year to run in office (god help us).
Lets be honest here some of the candidates going forward are a joke and would only hinder the club rather than help it.
Others were involved in the Sunderland committee and they didnt do themselves any good with the profit that was made and the way things were handled.
IMO it may be time to look "outside the box" and bring in an independant chairman,treasurer & secretary and let them steady the ship.

The Sunderland committe were one of the only positives that came from last year.
The were extremely successfull under the conditions they had to work against with a severe lack of support from the committee and other fractions.
I was talking to John Delaney and his associate at the game and they had endless praise for what had been achieved by the committee and how it had been achieved in such a short space of time. They named two individuals in particular that are going forward for election and sung their praises.
There are a lot of things I would like to say about individuals at the club who spent more time and energy trying to disrupt and jeopardise the good work that was being performed by the Sunderland committee but it will only distract from Sunday.
The stood up to the mark and made a profit for the club and worked dam hard to do it. To try to put down that effort, commitment and dedication is shameful. They performed an excellnt job and should be highly commended for doing so!

The Rebel Ram
25/02/2009, 11:58 AM

I have a feeling that the Chairman has to step down on Sunday, if not then I recon a protest or rally is the ony option left to get him to walk.

Some of the candidates are a joke? How many of the present are jokes, very high percentage IMO. You can ony vote for those who are willing to step forward and offer their services. Though you may think some are a joke there are some who I think will be excellent with fresh new ideas for the club.

Finally on this rant, look outside for chair, sec and treas. Get a grip, who in their right mind would Volunteer (we can't afford to pay anyone!) to come into the club to those positions. I for one would not want someone from outside to be running my club when we have the talent and expertise in our club to do so. Hopefully this Sunday that talent and expertise will be elected in and we will have a bright future ahead.

jfarlo
25/02/2009, 12:06 PM
Wasn't a private joke if everyone have seen it on the thread months ago

Trust me again u have to revert to talking a load of crap
Can't wait to see how u get on at the agm if that's.the best u can come up with
think jebus and sadloserkid need to have alook at this message. personal threat to a person. thats all we need on here. next step to a mad house. surely should be taken seriously.:mad: sub out.

luka
25/02/2009, 12:20 PM
While the sub has indeed popped up with some valid points along the way I think the last post is slightly out of line and if I know R14 he'd have taken it with a pinch of salt. Nonetheless though, this isn't the place for that sort of carry on at all. I suppose we could give him the benefit and take it as his enthusiasm got the better of him there.......

The Rebel Ram
25/02/2009, 12:35 PM
Boot him!

don ramo
25/02/2009, 1:03 PM
The Sunderland committe were one of the only positives that came from last year.
The were extremely successfull under the conditions they had to work against with a severe lack of support from the committee and other fractions.
I was talking to John Delaney and his associate at the game and they had endless praise for what had been achieved by the committee and how it had been achieved in such a short space of time. They named two individuals in particular that are going forward for election and sung their praises.
There are a lot of things I would like to say about individuals at the club who spent more time and energy trying to disrupt and jeopardise the good work that was being performed by the Sunderland committee but it will only distract from Sunday.
The stood up to the mark and made a profit for the club and worked dam hard to do it. To try to put down that effort, commitment and dedication is shameful. They performed an excellnt job and should be highly commended for doing so!

exactly, they did do a shamefull job, and took a lot of lak for absolutely no reason, the sunderland game made a fortune, without question, think of what the debth would be if we didnt have that game, i salute them fro there efforts, and would gladly support them for board and commitee,

people forget the chairman has no power unless hes given it, and its the commitee that give it to him, with there resignations and rolling over, some of the people going seem to be strong minded individuals, that will stay the course of there term, and when it comes time to reelect them (next year) it will be a no brainer,

all commitee votes are democratic, and have to have majority votes to pass, the only vote the chairman ever overturned was one that caused a legal issue for the club, and as he said if he does leave this club there will be no legal issues hanging over it,

i think if the new candidates get in we will have a fresh and proactive club, people going for board and commitee are doers, idea makers and they have initive to actually do something, these people are not blazer hunters, cause simply there are no blazer there

don ramo
25/02/2009, 1:07 PM
Boot him!

relax there, the sub is deffinately one of the more level headed people here, and hes more than welcome to come here and debate issues, hes been here for months, hes last post was a bit odd and it seems hes 12 year old got hold of the keyboard, but i think thats probably only one of three posts that were out of caracter of him

the sub
25/02/2009, 2:08 PM
Yes it is not how l carry on and in future l will not step down to other people level
I was told to f@@k off which was wrong and that is why l replied as l did
I add my experiences to the threads to help you as a club being
Run out of business if you only want to debate stupid threads
And spend ur time running each other so be it

The Rebel Ram
25/02/2009, 2:37 PM
Sorry about that, I forgot you are the answer to all our prayers!

6yardpunisha
25/02/2009, 2:59 PM

how can i describe your above post...........let me think?

BITTER, TWISTED, WARPED

If you that concerned then why didnt you put yourself forward seemingly as you seem to have all the answers

the sub
25/02/2009, 3:11 PM
Sorry about that, I forgot you are the answer to all our prayers!

Thanks l accept ur apologies u need not say anymore

sadloserkid
25/02/2009, 3:30 PM
lads it is great to talk and blow smoke up each others a***s, but action is what is needed, look at tom coughlan at city he got a plan and stuck to it and will prob be league champs this year, whereas cobh will be luckyto see a league drivel.

Cork won't come anywhere near winning the league this year...

think jebus and sadloserkid need to have alook at this message. personal threat to a person. thats all we need on here. next step to a mad house. surely should be taken seriously.:mad: sub out.

3 infractions for the Sub in the first two pages of this thread alone, 1 for the guy who responded to him. The personal threat in particular was fairly pathetic.

The Rebel Ram
25/02/2009, 3:33 PM
Cork won't come anywhere near winning the league this year...

3 infractions for the Sub in the first two pages of this thread alone, 1 for the guy who responded to him. The personal threat in particular was fairly pathetic.

To a Limerick man maybe............:p