PDA

View Full Version : Players

Youths4Ever
23/02/2009, 11:50 AM
what do people think about appears to be a change in approach from Mick Wallace? Sheehan, Holden, and Breen on trial. (nobody confirmed by club as signed yet)

I don't have a problem with it as long as then are willing to be amateur players. I do not see Mick ignoring the younger guys from Wexford and will still give them a chance. I think it is good to sign players with league experience to help develop these players.

For example the club has no goalkeeping coach and personally think that Holden could teach Pa and Willie a lot

Also I think that is we have players in the squad with league experience it takes some of the pressure off the younger players. Some of the younger players have been thrown into deep end and come out the worst of it some came off better but some did not.

oldyouth
23/02/2009, 12:22 PM
Every team needs a blend of youth and experience and this is the only way of achieving it, for now.
I agree about the amateur thing, the last thing we want is to become a Sporting Fingal or Monaghan, with journeymen everywhere. I hope some of the young lads will recognise that they don't have a God given right to their place and will react in a positive manner

Splurge
23/02/2009, 12:55 PM
I think it definitely a good thing, players will get disheartened if we keep having to scrap for survival and have to play kids that are too young and too many of them as the fixtures pile up. A bit of experience, competition for places and the quality players we appear to be signing will keep the momentum going. Mick will still keep the emphasis on homegrown which is how it should be.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/02/2009, 3:11 PM
Who's the Breen that ye ahve on trial ?

Youths4Ever
23/02/2009, 4:34 PM
Who's the Breen that ye ahve on trial ?

ex waterford united player I do not know to much about him to be honest

Martinho II
23/02/2009, 5:36 PM
ex waterford united player I do not know to much about him to be honest

is it david breen of waterford utd ???

oldyouth
23/02/2009, 9:11 PM
is it david breen of waterford utd ???
We believe so. All these new signings came as a surprise to the fans. We just found out as they lined up in pre-season friendlies, though by all accounts, things were going on behind the scenes for a while

Youths4Ever
02/03/2009, 11:31 AM
here are some comments from Mick Wallace on the new players

http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/newsignings.html