PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed signings

HarpoJoyce
22/02/2009, 8:04 AM
Ciaran Kilduff and Chris Mulhall from shamrock rovers.

Luke Hardy centre half from Longford Town

James Timmons returns from Australia he was playing with a second Division team down under.

Poor Student
22/02/2009, 9:26 AM
Timmons is a bit before my time. What position did he play? Was he any use?

I can't claim to know anything about the other lads either but it's nice to see a team coming together.

Who is confirmed as staying? I know of Finn, Bolger, Brennan, the MacMillan bros and Ward. Has Shorty been confirmed as staying?

pineapple stu
22/02/2009, 2:48 PM
Timmons is a centre mid; was a year behind me in school and came on as a 90th minute sub against Kyustendil at home. It's his third spell at the club.

Kilduff was prolific in the futsal nonsense, scoring seven times against us when Rovers beat us 7-6. Was with Kildare in real football though, so remains to be seen how he does. It's an interesting signing though.

never heard of Hardy; Rovers fans suggest Mulhall is a bit injury prone.

DeNiro
22/02/2009, 3:06 PM
Mulhall had a cartilage injury last year. Saw him for Shels a few times, think he may have got an underage cap at one stage. He's a striker as far as I remember.

Kilduff was at Kildare, but think he was on loan somewhere else last year as well. Might be wrong with that!

christo
22/02/2009, 4:02 PM
Kilduff was on loan to Kildare from Rovers he scored 11 goals in 39 games, he pretty much played (using term loosely) every second of those games as well. Quite tall but not great at heading and rarely passes

Black and White
22/02/2009, 4:11 PM
Is Kilduff on loan or is he permanent?

Martinho II
22/02/2009, 7:46 PM
Timmons is a centre mid; was a year behind me in school and came on as a 90th minute sub against Kyustendil at home. It's his third spell at the club.

Kilduff was prolific in the futsal nonsense, scoring seven times against us when Rovers beat us 7-6. Was with Kildare in real football though, so remains to be seen how he does. It's an interesting signing though.

never heard of Hardy; Rovers fans suggest Mulhall is a bit injury prone.

luke hardy spent all of last season with us and was previously with athlone town and carmarthen town...

Longfordian
22/02/2009, 8:35 PM
Hardy would be more a right back or a central midfielder than a centre back. He's not very tall really. I thought he was a decent First Division player and he's quite experienced so tends not to do the stupid things you sometimes get with younger players. He's not the quickest though which can be a drawback against the best teams in the First. Still he's technically decent, I'd have kept him round for us if circumstances allowed.

pineapple stu
23/02/2009, 11:04 AM
Kilduff was on loan to Kildare from Rovers he scored 11 goals in 39 games
Didn't realise he did so well. Sounds an interesting signing. If he can get 15 goals for us, he's exactly what we need.

Jofspring
24/02/2009, 10:20 AM
Didn't realise he did so well. Sounds an interesting signing. If he can get 15 goals for us, he's exactly what we need.

From what i saw of him he looked like a good player. Wouldn't mind to have signed him ourselves. Looks to have a bit of height and skill.

DeNiro
24/02/2009, 10:44 AM
That was a decent result, Bray are always hard enough to break down.
How did the new signings do?

HarpoJoyce
02/03/2009, 7:49 PM
That was a decent result, Bray are always hard enough to break down.
How did the new signings do?

Sorry DeNiro only saw your question now.

Alright/Okay.
Bray had a bit more possesion than we did. Overall I'd like to wait for a few competitve games before I give my verdict.

Is it true Brian Connaughton's nickname is 'Inkman'?