PDA

View Full Version : Home and Away inconsictancy

Xlex
28/11/2003, 11:07 AM
How inconsistant are we? Our away record is only bettered by Shels and Bohemians... For our home record only UCD's in worse... Goes to show you, this league, as close as it is, is only a decent home record away from serious third place finish, ie cork playing catch-up wth us rather than the reverse...

With only UCD left to play, in what has been an unbelieveable season, what little disappointments have you?

Mine is our poor home record...

Macy
28/11/2003, 11:16 AM
Home league form, and home support.....

Debatable which causes which..... Poor home support because of the poor home record, or poor home record because of the poor home support.....

btw Home support is both in terms of attendance, and the vocal support from those that are there. I really am not trying to start the stand vs section O debate, but there has been a lot of games where the at times 10 in section O have made more noise than the entire stand... I'll repeat this is not about whose better, but at times the silence in Flancare has been deafening....

Xlex
28/11/2003, 11:20 AM
yeah, it's been bad, especially post cup final... but we don't play passionate stuff at home and support isn't passionate at home so there's the consistancy...

on another point some severe abuse was dished by a serious plonker over our side in the home defeat against Waterford... We have won the FAI cup and if some players take their eye of the league, fair enough, it natural... I think Matthews deserves great credit for the manner in which the squad has battled for points post cup final...

Schumi
28/11/2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Macy
there has been a lot of games where the at times 10 in section O have made more noise than the entire stand Any time I've been there, one person would have made more noise than the entire stand.

max power
28/11/2003, 12:07 PM
lack of sponsership money coming into the club, two top half finishes to the league, we have grounds to get more sponsership and more money into the club and keep barry, barrett and the rest !!! but home record and late goals aren't too good either

Xlex
28/11/2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by max power
lack of sponsership money coming into the club,

in fairness i don't have much access to these figures, but a full time commercial manager is a must...

Macy
28/11/2003, 12:45 PM
Lads, both off topic IMO.....

Disappointments this year versus aspirations for next year....

It is something that must be looked at - Continuity Home Farm are pretty much run on non-match day income alone....

Macy
28/11/2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Any time I've been there, one person would have made more noise than the entire stand.
In fairness, I'd say that'd be the case at a lot of grounds when you visit... :p

Pauro 76
28/11/2003, 12:52 PM
Any disapointments for the season we've had? Eric's lack of goals and the sunshine supporters. And a few longford people even when we've won a major trophy still slagging us off and not even appreciating what we've done. But apart from that none!! :)

Enda M
28/11/2003, 4:01 PM
disappointments is defo the home form but feck it if we won the cup and allbut garanteed to finish in our highest position....