PDA

View Full Version : Flags for Ireland!

RonnieB
21/02/2009, 2:21 PM
So then, it would bve great if we or as individuals were to all get as many flags, banners and two stick flags for the next match. One can make a decent looking banner quite easily or there are other companies that will custom make them for you.

Would it be worthwhile setting up a find for a display of some sorts etc?

Kingdom
21/02/2009, 3:14 PM
They've been noticeably absent for a good while now. That and people wearing green jerseys. Anything to brighten the place up would be good. Don't think the two stick flags are practicle in our set up tbh, and they way I see it, the remaining games in Croker should be used as ironing out the creases of the Singing Section, so that when we get back to the Road, we'll hit the ground singing in harmony!

SuperDub
22/02/2009, 1:46 PM
How come at away games everyone wears green but when it comes to home games people don't make an effort at all.

gufct
22/02/2009, 9:16 PM
the lack of flags at the games in Croker is criminal.

Ash
23/02/2009, 8:53 AM
How come at away games everyone wears green but when it comes to home games people don't make an effort at all.

Because on away games people are usually over wherever for a day or 2 and its
a bit of a holiday where as a home game some people go straight from work to
the game.

reder
23/02/2009, 9:01 AM
the lack of flags at the games in Croker is criminal.

The GAA heads told us to take them down or they would be removed.

aidz1
23/02/2009, 12:02 PM
The GAA heads told us to take them down or they would be removed.

well i'd no hassle hanging my flag the against georgia, nor did any of the lads around me.

think it was more likely that most just couldnt be bothered....

Ash
23/02/2009, 12:06 PM
well i'd no hassle hanging my flag the against georgia, nor did any of the lads around me.

think it was more likely that most just couldnt be bothered....

I seem to remember at the Cyprus game during the last campagn that stewards
were taking down Ireland flags but left up a Cypriot Chelsea Supporters Club
one!

Hibernian
23/02/2009, 1:05 PM
I think be class if we had an all green colour section like the time Ireland beat Holland in 2001.

I hope there is plenty of colour that night and hopefully with great atmosphere also Ireland will get the desired result of 3 points and make if great evening

Wolfie
23/02/2009, 1:09 PM
Flags and Banners would certainly add some much needed colour and feed the atmosphere.

Just don't stand near me with the bleedin yoke - I want to see the game!!! :)

Newryrep
23/02/2009, 2:45 PM
I seem to remember at the Cyprus game during the last campagn that stewards
were taking down Ireland flags but left up a Cypriot Chelsea Supporters Club
one!

That was certainly the case although at the Poland game no Polish flags were taken down but there werent many of our flags due to the cyprus experience

The Georgia game didnt notice any taken down that had been up.