PDA

View Full Version : Css/html

Pauro 76
21/02/2009, 12:38 PM
Have an interview next week for a job where CSS and HTML is part of the job. What's the best way to get to know the basics, any tutorials etc recommended?

soccerc
21/02/2009, 1:45 PM
Have an interview next week for a job where CSS and HTML is part of the job. What's the best way to get to know the basics, any tutorials etc recommended?

I've found this site useful. Apart from reading it, I suggest you actually perform the tasks as recommended in notepad and upload to the web to see the results.

http://www.csstutorial.net/

A face
21/02/2009, 2:15 PM

Next week??? You need to spend a good bit of time at this so. As soccerc suggests you need to write code and look at the outcome. Keep trying to improve it.

tetsujin1979
21/02/2009, 3:51 PM
There's a CSS tutorial on w3schools here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
It's a bit basic, but it's a good starting off point

Pauro 76
21/02/2009, 4:00 PM
Interview I think might be next week but it's just the basics I'll need for now. What's the difference between CSS and HTML?

John83
21/02/2009, 7:30 PM
Interview I think might be next week but it's just the basics I'll need for now. What's the difference between CSS and HTML?
HTML is the oldest one, the most basic and important. You might actually know the basics from older bulliten bords formatting. Mostly, it's commands in angle brackets (the < and > symbols). Make sure you know how to use the commands p, br, b, i, u, ul (li), ol (li), and table (tr and td). Ignore everything else for now. Try using them in notepad: save the file as something.htm and open it again with your browser so you can see what it does.

CSS is newer. It handles formatting more consistently - Microsoft and Netscape kept screwing around with that in HTML. It also lets you apply or change formatting to a whole lot of things without having to fiddle with each one individually. I'm less familar with it, so I can only suggest following one of the tutorials recommended by the others.