PDA

View Full Version : Televised games 2009

Pages : [1] 2

holidaysong
20/02/2009, 2:41 PM
First live televised game of the season:

Dundalk FC vs. Bohemian FC Friday March 6th RTÉ 2.

http://twitter.com/DundalkFC

corkboy360
20/02/2009, 2:43 PM
First live televised game of the season:

Dundalk FC vs. Bohemian FC Friday March 6th RTÉ 2.

http://twitter.com/DundalkFC
That will be a good game seen as we wont be traveling to sligo until th next day:D

Sam_Heggy
20/02/2009, 4:48 PM
Typical Dublin bias why can they not show the big game of the weekend between Kildare and Harps?

Bloody disgrace. I blame Delaney.

dannydundalk
20/02/2009, 4:50 PM
that is the biggest game of the weekend

holidaysong
20/02/2009, 4:52 PM

Sarcasm detector broken Danny? ;)

Dunny
20/02/2009, 4:53 PM
Sarcasm detector broken Danny? ;)
Seems so...:D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uGdpRnuCmvY/SJobLlCWwPI/AAAAAAAAADk/xd28QTInkLU/s400/sarcasm_detector.jpg

Hibs4Ever
20/02/2009, 4:56 PM

A newly promoted club against Bohs! Sligo v Cork would be better to show

Black and White
20/02/2009, 4:58 PM
Seems so...:D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uGdpRnuCmvY/SJobLlCWwPI/AAAAAAAAADk/xd28QTInkLU/s400/sarcasm_detector.jpg

Dunny can I subscribe to where ever you are getting thses things from!l:D

Flexy
20/02/2009, 5:45 PM
A newly promoted club against Bohs! Sligo v Cork would be better to show
I take it they will be showing bohs derry in week 2 then. Anybody know how many matches will be shown this season, and who will be showing them

adamd164
20/02/2009, 5:49 PM
If I was to guess I'd say us vs Pats will be the week 2 game, since Bohs are on week 1.

Dunny
20/02/2009, 5:53 PM
What date is Rovers first home game?

holidaysong
20/02/2009, 5:55 PM
What date is Rovers first home game?

Saturday March 14th. Second series of games but RTÉ don't show Saturday games..

Can't imagine there will be a game every week anyway.

Dunny
20/02/2009, 6:02 PM

Wasn't aware of this, but then again why would they cancel the oh so brilliant programme that is The Premiers**t...:rolleyes:

adamd164
20/02/2009, 6:15 PM
They usually show a few games in a row at the start and end of the season, and none while the GAAliban are having their stick fighting/handball contests.

sullanefc
20/02/2009, 9:59 PM
I take it they will be showing bohs derry in week 2 then. Anybody know how many matches will be shown this season, and who will be showing them

Spoilt for choice in week 2. Bohs V Derry, City V Pats. Galway V Dundalk should have a bit of needle also and could be an interesting one.

gufc2000
20/02/2009, 10:05 PM
I thought this season there was going to be 33 live games

Black and White
20/02/2009, 10:15 PM
Setanta will be showing their usual games every fortnight o9n a monday night wont they?

Hairy Bowsie
21/02/2009, 9:30 AM
Well thats if Tallaght is ready. Rovers fans say there is no doubt it will be but other people are saying different.

peadar1987
21/02/2009, 10:17 AM
Won't it look sh*t on TV? Either the camera at pitch level or looking straight into a building site

Or is there a TV gantry set up on the Town side of the ground?

Lilywhite Army
21/02/2009, 11:04 AM
Gameweek 3
Dundalk v Drogheda;);)

holidaysong
21/02/2009, 11:13 AM
Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers is the same night though so maybe not..

GreenStar
21/02/2009, 12:07 PM
Tallaght confirmed to be ready for 14th March on www.shamrockrovers.ie (http://www.shamrockrovers.ie). Second stand to commence shortly and willbe ready for June/July time bringing capacity to 6,500.

Also, talk that the sligo game may be moved to Friday for live TV. There is a request for this to happen.

corkboy360
21/02/2009, 12:09 PM
Gameweek 3
Dundalk v Drogheda;);)
Pity as id say theres no games on telly that weekend:D

sligoman
21/02/2009, 5:24 PM
There is a request for this to happen.Requested by TV crowd or Shams looking to move it in the hope of tv coverage?

dcfcsteve
21/02/2009, 5:50 PM

That's extremely debatable !

I'd rate City v Drogs as a bigger game, for a host of reasons. It's hard to claim a newly promoted club could be the biggest game of the opening weekend unless it was a derby.

No doubt RTE only picked that game, given their aversion to travelling too far from the safety of The Pale.

GreenStar
22/02/2009, 2:42 AM
Requested by TV crowd or Rovers looking to move it in the hope of tv coverage?

TV crowd. We don't need to move any games. Games will move to a night other than Saturday only to accommodate live TV or a clash with an international.

KK77
24/02/2009, 2:07 PM

Did they not show Drogheda and Rovers on the opening weekend last season on a Saturday? Half five i think.

Rovers Maniac
24/02/2009, 2:12 PM
Requested by TV crowd or Shams looking to move it in the hope of tv coverage?

Jeez hopefully Shams and give us a definate answer regarding this. As i need to get maybe a half day off work for this !

Réiteoir
24/02/2009, 3:25 PM
TV Games have been confirmed by the FAI:

Week 1 is Dundalk - Bohs
Week 2 is SRFC - SRFC
Week 3 is Bohs - Rovers

Wasn't there a planning objection raised by the school next door in Tallaght about there being Friday night matches there and that necessitated the Saturday games - or have I been fed wrong info?

passinginterest
24/02/2009, 3:29 PM
TV Games have been confirmed by the FAI:

Week 1 is Dundalk - Bohs
Week 2 is SRFC - SRFC
Week 3 is Bohs - Rovers

Wasn't there a planning objection raised by the school next door in Tallaght about there being Friday night matches there and that necessitated the Saturday games - or have I been fed wrong info?

Original planning permission expired, SDCC build had no conditions attached.

There's a good few Rovers fans travelling from abroad that had flights and all booked who won't be too happy. I know a good few from not that far away had even booked into the hotel beside the ground for the night. I'm surprised the club agreed to the move to be honest.

pineapple stu
24/02/2009, 3:37 PM
Week 1 is Dundalk - Bohs
Week 2 is SRFC - SRFC
Week 3 is Bohs - Rovers
Full details -

Friday March 6th; Dundalk V Bohemians; Oriel Park; KO 7.35pm
Friday March 13th; Shamrock Rovers V Sligo Rovers; Tallaght Stadium; KO 8.05pm
Friday March 20th; Bohemians V Shamrock Rovers; Dalymount Park; KO 7.35pm

Also confirmed that MNS will be on at 8pm on Mondays again.

GreenStar
24/02/2009, 7:34 PM
First match in Tallaght live on RTE

24 Feb 2009. Shamrock Rovers first home league game of the 2009 season will now be played on Friday, March 13th. The change has been made to allow the first ever match at Tallaght Stadium to be screened live on RTE 2. The match which will see the Hoops take on Sligo Rovers had originally been scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 14. Kick-off will be at 8.05pm.
(www.shamrockrovers.ie (http://www.shamrockrovers.ie))

Réiteoir
24/02/2009, 11:07 PM
First match in Tallaght live on RTE

24 Feb 2009. Shamrock Rovers first home league game of the 2009 season will now be played on Friday, March 13th. The change has been made to allow the first ever match at Tallaght Stadium to be screened live on RTE 2. The match which will see the Hoops take on Sligo Rovers had originally been scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 14. Kick-off will be at 8.05pm.
(www.shamrockrovers.ie (http://www.shamrockrovers.ie))

tbh - if there was going to be one fixture that was always going to be shown on TV (maybe more for the curiosity value) - it was going to be the first game in the long delayed Tallaght Stadium - which may I just remind the people of the congregation - is just another stadium Rovers are renting, just like Tolka, Dalymount, Richmond, etc.

mypost
25/02/2009, 12:32 AM
the long delayed Tallaght Stadium - which may I just remind the people of the congregation - is just another stadium Rovers are renting, just like Tolka, Dalymount, Richmond, etc.

I'll also remind the people of the congregation as well, that we have "anchor tenant" status, which means it's basically our own ground in all bar technicality. Something we didn't have at other grounds over the years.

sligoman
25/02/2009, 12:38 AM
I'll also remind the people of the congregation as well, that we have "anchor tenant" status, which means it's basically our own ground in all bar technicality. Something we didn't have at other grounds over the years.Do ye pay rent to play there?

SkStu
25/02/2009, 3:31 AM
I'll also remind the people of the congregation as well, that we have "anchor tenant" status, which means it's basically our own ground in all bar technicality. Something we didn't have at other grounds over the years.

ye reckon? So much your own ground that you pay to play there... :rolleyes:

you're tenants, you have tenants rights, anchor tenant or not (which i dont agree with either by the way).

GreenStar
25/02/2009, 7:52 AM
Thread Title: "Televised games 2009".

Enough bitterness from the bozos please. Reiteoir, I'm surprised at you degenerating the thread like that, you being a senior and respected member of this forum and all.

Réiteoir
25/02/2009, 9:33 AM
Thread Title: "Televised games 2009".

Enough bitterness from the bozos please. Reiteoir, I'm surprised at you degenerating the thread like that, you being a senior and respected member of this forum and all.

Was more of a general observation than a swipe at anybody - made the same exact point to a colleague of mine who thought that Rovers were finally moving into a stadium they owned 100% - he wasn't aware that it was a rental agreement.

imo - it'll be good to see the club in a stadium that isn't the original home of another club

pineapple stu
25/02/2009, 10:18 AM
At least Rovers can't sell their ground three times.

Calcio Jack
25/02/2009, 2:21 PM
ye reckon? So much your own ground that you pay to play there... :rolleyes:

you're tenants, you have tenants rights, anchor tenant or not (which i dont agree with either by the way).

Anchor tenant- yes
Peppercorn rent- yes
Stadium built maintained by SDCC- yes
Club shop in situ- yes
Bar/function facilities available for sole Rovers use- yes
Sencond stand being built by SDCC-yes
Lots of other benefits-yes

Sure is tough being a tenant;)

mypost
25/02/2009, 2:21 PM
We'll be paying commercial rent to the council but we won't be paying other clubs as before and contributing to their income. Big difference.

We've always paid rents for our grounds, even in Milltown. We're not the only club to fully own our ground. Other grounds like ours around the country are owned by county councils, e.g Cork. It's still bar technicalities the club's own grounds, and this one will be ours.

SkStu
25/02/2009, 2:32 PM
At least Rovers can't sell their ground three times.

Pineapple Stu on his knees performing virtual messageboard fellatio on Rovers while giving Bohs the middle finger.

What a slag! :D

SkStu
25/02/2009, 2:34 PM
Anchor tenant- yes
Peppercorn rent- yes
Club shop in situ- yes

Fair enough.... but for a pad in Wicklow? You should be getting more out of that deal....

El-Pietro
25/02/2009, 3:11 PM
Was more of a general observation than a swipe at anybody - made the same exact point to a colleague of mine who thought that Rovers were finally moving into a stadium they owned 100% - he wasn't aware that it was a rental agreement.

imo - it'll be good to see the club in a stadium that isn't the original home of another club
its the exact same situation as Turners Cross

its not a bid thing to have either

mypost
25/02/2009, 5:13 PM
In this country though, people think it's wrong to rent something. :confused: That's why the property boom snapped. :eek: Everyone was obsessed with having their own home. :rolleyes:

GreenStar
25/02/2009, 5:30 PM
ahem, Televised games 2009.....

gufc2000
28/02/2009, 6:44 PM
Just seen there now they are advertising the Dundalk vs Bohs game already on TV. This must be a first, advertising a week before the game.

Fair play for the early coverage :cool:

oriel
28/02/2009, 10:21 PM
Just seen there now they are advertising the Dundalk vs Bohs game already on TV. This must be a first, advertising a week before the game.

Fair play for the early coverage :cool:

Will be some craic if the pitch testing results dont come back favourably !:o

oriel
28/02/2009, 10:23 PM
Sorry, I deleted a message above in error !

oriel
28/02/2009, 10:24 PM
Anchor tenant- yes
Peppercorn rent- yes
Club shop in situ- yes

All your missing is having Carlsberg to sponsor the stadium..............