PDA

View Full Version : a league

MojoPin
20/02/2009, 1:10 PM
:)

after getting over the initial shock of demotion or what ever its called i have come around the the idea that perhaps this little break from league football will be in the best interests of the club even if we dont go back up this year. it plain and obvious for everyone to see the club structure is hindering our ambitions to be...ahh well what ever we see fit. The A league will cut our expences, if we go back to playing local players under the guidence of dave hill. If the season doesnt start till the msl is over then we can offer players summer football i dont know how it works, but anyway cutting our expences and getting our house in order is going to be alot easier in the A league rather than in the bottom half of the first division whilst paying substandard msl players to represent a COBH club. IMO its time to take a few steps back in order to take a few vast steps forward.

luka
20/02/2009, 1:17 PM
Oh no! Sensible posting! This can't be right. Can you not post something controversial to keep things normal...........

On a serious note I'd agree that a time out/step back is probably the best way forward alright.

MojoPin
20/02/2009, 1:20 PM
[QUOTE=luka;1109518]Oh no! Sensible posting! This can't be right. Can you not post something controversial to keep things normal...........
QUOTE]

the moon landing was a hoax

pcplod
20/02/2009, 1:21 PM
it is definatly the best option at the moment, if we get our house in order then things can only get better

Ram_Elmo
20/02/2009, 1:34 PM
The Phoenix rising from the ashes Mojo? Sounds like a very sensible plan. You could also use the opportunity to showcase Cobh's local footballing talent within the A league, I’m sure that people would show up at the gates to support a team of mostly local players, in fact our 17’s , 18’s and last years’ A’s could contribute a large percentage of talented young Cobh players to the team.

thegafferman
20/02/2009, 2:28 PM
my god this thread is a breath of fresh air...logic ,reason, planning ,optimism im in shock:D

luka
20/02/2009, 2:40 PM
I can barely type with the excitement and prospect of us ALL taking part in a normal conversation................roses. Surely an historic event like this needs to be marked. Anyone any ideas on how we should celebrate?

rambler14
20/02/2009, 3:58 PM
Anyone any ideas on how we should celebrate?

An EGM?:D

MainManRam
20/02/2009, 4:03 PM
MOJO for Chairman:D

Ya, while still being a pain in the ring that we wont be playing league of I football, it may well be a good thing come next year. It would be great to see a lot of local lads playing regularly for the club. The inclusion of the likes of Davin and the Meades over the last few years has given us a taste so bring em on Id say.

Under the guidance of Dave Hill is the only worry I have about this post.:eek:

luka
20/02/2009, 4:05 PM

Can you sort one out so please :p

6yardpunisha
20/02/2009, 4:32 PM

POTM for real,take a bow R14:D:D

luka
20/02/2009, 4:44 PM

Good alright especially for 14

rambler14
20/02/2009, 4:49 PM

Good alright especially for 14

and yet I won't be nominated for Post of the Month!:(

6yardpunisha
20/02/2009, 4:52 PM
and yet I won't be nominated for Post of the Month!:(

tell me how you post the link and i will

chimpster
20/02/2009, 4:55 PM
Anyone any ideas on how we should celebrate?

How about by making confetti out of our ridiculous/ancient constitution and re-building it (and the club) from the bottom up.

luka
20/02/2009, 4:57 PM
Another candidate below for POTM by MainManRam.

At the moment there are probably too many people who love the club- but cant seem to love it together

Classic I say. Classic.

rambler14
20/02/2009, 4:59 PM

Classic I say. Classic.

Thats great but this isn't the POTM thread! Your ruining the positivity of the thread!

luka
20/02/2009, 5:01 PM
I'd beg your pardon but I won't and simply ask WTF are you on about biy?

Imagine this thread has gone 17 posts without any politics. I'm totally overwhelmed.

6yardpunisha
20/02/2009, 5:03 PM

Classic I say. Classic.

luka, can you nominate r14 as i havent a clue how to post in the nominations thread please

luka
20/02/2009, 5:07 PM
Show me the 'Nominations Thread'. I've forgottem where it is

6yardpunisha
20/02/2009, 5:10 PM
Show me the 'Nominations Thread'. I've forgottem where it is

off topic section

luka
20/02/2009, 5:23 PM
Done and just so ye know how to do it. Lokk at the post and to the right you will see the post number, in this case it is post 8. Click the number 8, copy the link in the address bar, goto the Nominations thread, past it and post. No charge for the know-how.

6yardpunisha
20/02/2009, 5:28 PM
Done and just so ye know how to do it. Lokk at the post and to the right you will see the post number, in this case it is post 8. Click the number 8, copy the link in the address bar, goto the Nominations thread, past it and post. No charge for the know-how.

cheers

luka
20/02/2009, 5:35 PM
Bulmers please :p

Ram_Elmo
23/02/2009, 4:19 PM
Taking into consideration that St. Colman’s park will not be used until May or June for the ‘A’ league games wouldn’t it be an idea now to bring our 17’s and 18’s back from Pfizers to play their home games on THEIR rightful home ground. The cost of renting Pfizers per match I believe is in the region of 100 euro add to that the 50 euro for the ref and approx 25 euro for the ferry that’s approx 175 euro for every game that they play over there, I might be wrong but I would think that the club is liable for this payment and if this is the case can the club afford to keep paying this fee? Apart from the obvious financial savings in bringing the teams back to St. Colman’s it would also be a confidence and morale booster for both teams, plus a chance for the fans to see the players that will probably make up the backbone of any team that we as a club submit to the ‘A’ .

marty
23/02/2009, 6:32 PM
Seems a very logical idea but if you have been following the club of late you will know the very simple things in the life of Cobh Ramblers will have barriers/issues,ultimatly its the fans who suffer or in this case the players and of coarse the club financially if what your saying is true....

Ram_Elmo
23/02/2009, 6:49 PM
I appreciate the issues/barriers that you talk about and that the club is in complete disarray at the moment, and as you point out it’s the fans and players that are suffering now and suffering from issues that are not easily resolved, but if the only way to get football into ramblers for the next few months is the 17’s and 18’s then someone somewhere should surely put their heart on their sleeve and make a decision, as to who could do this I have no idea, all we can do is suggest it. And the financial aspect of the cost of Pfizers pitch is correct, the only issue I am in doubt about is if the club is liable or the teams that use the facility are liable.

pcplod
23/02/2009, 7:43 PM
Surely there cant be any major problems stopping the underage and ladies using the pitch someone should get the use of it since its not even be used for taining at the moment.

marty
23/02/2009, 8:00 PM
I"m sure theres not a person here who doesn"t agree with what your saying,maybe the youths manager will shed some light on the situation it does seem to begger belief especially when the A league season so far away.

pcplod
23/02/2009, 8:09 PM
We also might be jumping the gun a bit and they may already have the wheels in motion to get their teams playing in St. Colemans park

luka
23/02/2009, 8:21 PM
Surely there cant be any major problems stopping the underage and ladies using the pitch someone should get the use of it since its not even be used for taining at the moment.

Erm.I would cal re-seeding a 'major problem' in all fairness. We all know the ground is closed for a few weeks for repairs etc however, it would be nice to see the kids playing there and or, at least using it for training.

We also might be jumping the gun a bit and they may already have the wheels in motion

..................and have been for sometime now.

pcplod
23/02/2009, 8:33 PM
That is only in the immediate future A league if we are in any league doesnt start for ages so it can be used before then surely!

We have for sometime now, what exactly - let our club get so bad it is almost at the point of no return, I was refering to the underage managers and nothing else in my post so I am baffled by your reply what are you implying:rolleyes::D

Ram_Elmo
23/02/2009, 8:35 PM
Understandable about the ground needing repair etc, but the senior team would nearly be using it now aswell (if we had a senior team). I suppose the next few weeks will tell a lot but hopefully we will see the young lads on the pitch (fingers crossed).

luka
23/02/2009, 9:05 PM
Let me try again............

We also might be jumping the gun a bit and they may already have the wheels in motion
..............and have been for sometime.

I fully comprehend what you were referring to and my repy was simple enough to understand so I'm rather confused as to why you might be at all baffled at my reply.