PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Cobh Ramblers FC

luka
20/02/2009, 11:31 AM
Statement from Cobh Ramblers FC

The Management Committee of Cobh Ramblers wish to clarify the confusion surrounding the reasons as why we did not attain a Premier or 1st Division License recently. Contrary to Media reports and posts on this forum that something sinister was about to break in relation to the Licensing Application, we wish to clarify the reasons as to why our application was unsuccessful. The FACTS are as follows:

1. Non submission of Audited accounts within the specified timeframe as required by Fin 1.01 of the Licensing Manual.

2. A Tax Clearance Certificate was not obtained and submitted within the specified deadline as per FIN 1.11 of the Licensing Manual.

This notification was received and confirmed during the week from the the Club Licensing Committee of the Football Association of Ireland.

Issued by the Management Committee
20th February 2009

6yardpunisha
20/02/2009, 11:41 AM
statement from cobh ramblers fc

the management committee of cobh ramblers wish to clarify the confusion surrounding the reasons as why we did not attain a premier or 1st division license recently. Contrary to media reports and posts on this forum that something sinister was about to break in relation to the licensing application, we wish to clarify the reasons as to why our application was unsuccessful. The facts are as follows:

1. Non submission of audited accounts within the specified timeframe as required by fin 1.01 of the licensing manual.

2. A tax clearance certificate was not obtained and submitted within the specified deadline as per fin 1.11 of the licensing manual.

This notification was received and confirmed during the week from the the club licensing committee of the football association of ireland.

Issued by the management committee
20th february 2009

"yawn"

The Rebel Ram
20/02/2009, 12:38 PM
Roll on the AGM so me can get rid of the lot of them. Wipe the board clean!

luka
20/02/2009, 12:50 PM
Roll on the AGM so me can get rid of the lot of themYou gonna do it all on your own? :D

pcplod
20/02/2009, 12:58 PM
he is very strong willed that rebel ram:D

rambler14
20/02/2009, 3:56 PM

The Management Committee of Cobh Ramblers wish to clarify the confusion surrounding the reasons as why we did not attain a Premier or 1st Division License recently. Contrary to Media reports and posts on this forum that something sinister was about to break in relation to the Licensing Application, we wish to clarify the reasons as to why our application was unsuccessful. The FACTS are as follows:

1. Non submission of Audited accounts within the specified timeframe as required by Fin 1.01 of the Licensing Manual.

2. A Tax Clearance Certificate was not obtained and submitted within the specified deadline as per FIN 1.11 of the Licensing Manual.

This notification was received and confirmed during the week from the the Club Licensing Committee of the Football Association of Ireland.

20th February 2009

Pfffffffffffff!

MainManRam
20/02/2009, 3:57 PM
Ok o thats the reason- now what are ye gonna do to sort this mess out??????????????????

the sub
20/02/2009, 5:16 PM

20th February 2009

Well who fault is that
No Audit accounts your fault
No Tax cleance your fault
If Im right AND you did not have any of the above you could not get the license so why did you apply for it or why did you not call a full members/supporters meeting and they more than likely would have helped
but you sat on your ass doing nothing

6yardpunisha
20/02/2009, 5:27 PM
Well who fault is that
No Audit accounts your fault
No Tax cleance your fault
If Im right AND you did not have any of the above you could not get the license so why did you apply for it or why did you not call a full members/supporters meeting and they more than likely would have helped
but you sat on your ass doing nothing

looks like we should call the committee the Lusitania as the Sub just blew them the f**k out of the water

rambler14
20/02/2009, 5:28 PM
Theres another reason why we didn't get the licence and everyone knows it!

the sub
20/02/2009, 5:34 PM
Yes and whos fault was that there's fault!! yes
I cant understand why they shot themselfs in the foot and posted,they should step down after comments they made with regards to why Cobh lost the licence

MojoPin
20/02/2009, 8:38 PM
Theres another reason why we didn't get the licence and everyone knows it!

which is?

jamesd
20/02/2009, 8:53 PM
The sad thing with all of this is that all the while they were doing nothing, they did achieve in trying to divide the entire club into many factions.

As I have said before, I do believe that the vast majority of members have the good of the club at heart and when there is strength in numbers, we are all a threat to the Top Table.

Time now to clear out the dirty linen and replace it with people who have a genuine desire to make Cobh Ramblers grow and succeed and remember, what we don't want, is more of the same.

Jdrams fan
20/02/2009, 9:06 PM
The sad thing with all of this is that all the while they were doing nothing, they did achieve in trying to divide the entire club into many factions.

As I have said before, I do believe that the vast majority of members have the good of the club at heart and when there is strength in numbers, we are all a threat to the Top Table.

Time now to clear out the dirty linen and replace it with people who have a genuine desire to make Cobh Ramblers grow and succeed and remember, what we don't want, is more of the same.
I agree with u james d but who do you suggest is it the set of jokers thst were there before this set of jokers or is it some one completely new and fresh.

jamesd
21/02/2009, 12:26 AM
I agree with u james d but who do you suggest is it the set of jokers thst were there before this set of jokers or is it some one completely new and fresh.

Well now while I would NOT want to see all from the past brought back in, the one thing I will say is at least they didn't get us out of League of Ireland Football.

Look it stands to reason that people should be selected with two important qualifications in mind.

1. People need to have a proven track record for the position they are seeking election to.

For example:
Chairperson, should have a proven track record in a leadership role including the conducting of meetings in a professional manner and also been media friendly. Media friendly meaning been able to conduct oneself in a fashion that has the best interests of the Club at heart.

Secretary, should have a proven track record in maintaining records and taking accurate minutes from meetings. Should also be efficent in dealing with correspondance etc.

Treasurer, they should have a background in accountancy and book-keeping. Most important would be ability to set and maintain budgets and adhereing to him.

2. They must demonstrate a certain love and commitment for Cobh Ramblers and a willingness to be upfront, honest and transparent with all members.

They are my suggestions in going forward and they would be what I am seeking when I am considering who is best for each position.

The important thing to remember, who ever is elected, they must get our full support at all times as the road ahead will be long, but we can and will get there together.

The Rebel Ram
21/02/2009, 9:01 AM
Well now while I would NOT want to see all from the past brought back in, the one thing I will say is at least they didn't get us out of League of Ireland Football.

Look it stands to reason that people should be selected with two important qualifications in mind.

1. People need to have a proven track record for the position they are seeking election to.

For example:
Chairperson, should have a proven track record in a leadership role including the conducting of meetings in a professional manner and also been media friendly. Media friendly meaning been able to conduct oneself in a fashion that has the best interests of the Club at heart.

Secretary, should have a proven track record in maintaining records and taking accurate minutes from meetings. Should also be efficent in dealing with correspondance etc.

Treasurer, they should have a background in accountancy and book-keeping. Most important would be ability to set and maintain budgets and adhereing to him.

2. They must demonstrate a certain love and commitment for Cobh Ramblers and a willingness to be upfront, honest and transparent with all members.

They are my suggestions in going forward and they would be what I am seeking when I am considering who is best for each position.

The important thing to remember, who ever is elected, they must get our full support at all times as the road ahead will be long, but we can and will get there together.

I agree with some of your points there Jamesd. I do not think though you need proven track records! Club wise anyhow.
What we need is people who are willing to give themselves 110% to the club for the future of the club.
People with new innovative plans, ideas and goals.
It is not rocket science running the club though it is a lot of hard work. Once there is a united vision of where the club needs to be and a working committee and commitment to get there.
Proceedures need to be put in place and adhered to in order for us to pay the creditors and eventually develop the youths (training ground etc.)
This has been started with Dan's financial controls and this needs to expanded to all areas of control in the club.
Priorities will have to be the main focus.
I don't believe there are many past committee members that can bring much to the club.
It's time for new thinking, new ideas, new methods and a new club.
There are a few I know who are going forward for election and I hope the members will give them them the oppertunity to show how the club can be and should be run.
There are plenty of them with sucessfull businesses of their own so I think there is where you will find the experience and expertise that is required.
The club needs to be treated as a proper business in order to thrive and not as a club.
Therefore I believe we need people with modern business techniques not failed club methods.
Lets hope the membership can see this and we can set about re-developing our club.

Beezer
21/02/2009, 9:19 AM
Have to say the last 2 posts have been the most constructive and positives I have heard for a long while.I think we need people running the club who we can TRUST and IMO until this happens there will be no way forward.

The Rebel Ram
21/02/2009, 9:23 AM
Have to say the last 2 posts have been the most constructive and positives I have heard for a long while.I think we need people running the club who we can TRUST and IMO until this happens there will be no way forward.

TRUST is the biggest factor IMO too.

jamesd
21/02/2009, 9:38 AM
TRUST is the biggest factor IMO too.

Actually I believe there are two factors here. Trust and Service.

Just because one is elected to office does not mean ultimate power, which appears has been the case or belief. One is always answerable to the membership at all times, and while a Committee requires autonomy to work and serve, they can never be the beginning and end of a club, That duty falls to the membership.

Having given all of this a lot of thought, I strongly believe now that Cobh Ramblers should consider becoming a company with proper articles of association to replace what has been shown to be a flawed constitution.

This way members can invest in the club and there can be no more hiding behind red tape. This is just an opinion, but I have seen this happening in other clubs and organisations and it works to both secure and develop in a proper plan of action.

MainManRam
21/02/2009, 2:22 PM
Actually I believe there are two factors here. Trust and Service.

Just because one is elected to office does not mean ultimate power, which appears has been the case or belief. One is always answerable to the membership at all times, and while a Committee requires autonomy to work and serve, they can never be the beginning and end of a club, That duty falls to the membership.

Having given all of this a lot of thought, I strongly believe now that Cobh Ramblers should consider becoming a company with proper articles of association to replace what has been shown to be a flawed constitution.

This way members can invest in the club and there can be no more hiding behind red tape. This is just an opinion, but I have seen this happening in other clubs and organisations and it works to both secure and develop in a proper plan of action.

Spot on. Transparency is what we need. if we are to put money into the club it is imperative that we know exactly where it went. I dont think that is too much to ask.

Jdrams fan
22/02/2009, 9:10 AM
at last lads we are moving forward with our ideas instead of bitching i think everything that was said on this thread is some of the best i've seen in terms of helping the club. The registering the club as a business and getting rid of the constitution could really move us forward. I know the country is in recession but there is still a lot of wealthy people out there who have money and business savvy, and with the right plan from someone like dan could encourage these people to be brought in to secure our future. But 1 thing is for sure and im not trying to put down your good point james d none of these people will come in while there is a trace of the old ways and people that between the bad management and the backstabbing have run the club into the ground are still involved with the admin of the club.
On a final note guys i feel for the first time a positive vibe here and with people like ye bringing good ideas to the table WE CANNOT FAIL TO BRING OUR CLUB BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS. C'MON THE RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disillusioned
10/03/2009, 5:10 PM
time is ticking by lads, friday is the deadline will ye have audited accounts by then , will ye have a tax clearance, they were the conditions ye got to get A licence wasnt it, as fergie would say squeaky bum time or is it sorted

it would be a shame to see no football in cobh this year