PDA

View Full Version : Bohemians?

Rovers fan
19/02/2009, 2:57 AM
Not trying to stir things(seriously) but what's the deal with bohs? Even thought the players took a cut, they have signed a few more and don't seem to have cut back that much. Where are they getting the money from? Do they still have someone pumping in money? Where did they get the money to pay off connor? Have they appealed against the court ruling about dalymount or did they have to pay up? If they manage to avoid financial problems they should win the league with a good bit to spare. I kinda fancied derry a few weeks ago but bohs have added the likes of shelley,keegan and ndo so there is no reason that derry, who haven't improved from last year(the opposite actually - lost McCourt,McGinn,McHugh off the top of my head and don't have a big squad) should be able to keep up with them. The thing is, it just seems like a time bomb to me. How did the FAI approve their budget? When news of the court case about dalymount came out, their fans were giving out crap saying how badly the directors had lied to them. Things seem to have gone very quiet though. And why did the CEO(McDaid?) leave so shortly after arriving? I wonder.......

Dalymountrower
19/02/2009, 7:35 AM
Not trying to stir things(seriously) but what's the deal with bohs? Even thought the players took a cut, they have signed a few more and don't seem to have cut back that much. Where are they getting the money from? Do they still have someone pumping in money? Where did they get the money to pay off connor? Have they appealed against the court ruling about dalymount or did they have to pay up? If they manage to avoid financial problems they should win the league with a good bit to spare. I kinda fancied derry a few weeks ago but bohs have added the likes of shelley,keegan and ndo so there is no reason that derry, who haven't improved from last year(the opposite actually - lost McCourt,McGinn,McHugh off the top of my head and don't have a big squad) should be able to keep up with them. The thing is, it just seems like a time bomb to me. How did the FAI approve their budget? When news of the court case about dalymount came out, their fans were giving out crap saying how badly the directors had lied to them. Things seem to have gone very quiet though. And why did the CEO(McDaid?) leave so shortly after arriving? I wonder.......

Why oh why indeed. This is a wind-up...... right?

Réiteoir
19/02/2009, 8:30 AM
I thought the pathetic Sligo fans obsession with Bohs would have stopped when their Messiah Seanie "I know Steve Bruce" Connor left the club.

Obviously not...

Redie
19/02/2009, 9:12 AM
thought the pathetic Sligo fans obsession with Bohs would have stopped when their Messiah Seanie "I know Steve Bruce" Connor left the club.

Obviously not...

I think it's time that the pathetic obsession so many LOI supporters have with where other clubs are getting all their money from and how they got their
budget approaved and just concentrated on helping out with their own club's finances.

Redie
19/02/2009, 9:15 AM
Sorry, that should have read...

thought the pathetic Sligo fans obsession with Bohs would have stopped when their Messiah Seanie "I know Steve Bruce" Connor left the club.

Obviously not...

I think it's time that the pathetic obsession so many LOI supporters have with where other clubs are getting all their money from and how they got their budget approaved and just concentrated on helping out with their own club's finances.

osarusan
19/02/2009, 9:29 AM
Sorry, that should have read...

I think it's time that the pathetic obsession so many LOI supporters have with where other clubs are getting all their money from and how they got their budget approaved and just concentrated on helping out with their own club's finances.

You can just click on the "edit" button to edit the original post you know.

Réiteoir
19/02/2009, 9:29 AM
Redie - you're a breath of fresh air around here - sorely needed too...

Mr A
19/02/2009, 10:20 AM
I think it is quite healthy that many LOI fans take an interest in the general financial health of the league's clubs. And it's perfectly possible to do so while helping out at one's own club. Indeed in many cases the work put into their own club is what makes people look around the league to see what's going on.

Every time a club hits serious trouble it damages the reputation of the league and makes sponsorship etc that bit harder to acquire. Also, there is the question of whether everyone is on a level playing field with regard to the regulation of the clubs.

It's all very well saying people should mind there own business- but let's be honest here, the vast majority of predictions of meltdown on this forum have proved to be accurate.

pineapple stu
19/02/2009, 10:31 AM
You're just obsessed and/or bitter, Mr T.

Bohs have a budget, they will qualify for the group stages of the CL as budgeted and the two Gerries will be heroes once again. Sure they've the best interests of the club at heart, and probably saved it from going out of business at some stage in the past.

Always amuses me how fans of clubs almost always shirk away from any negative talk about their club, even when it's so blatantly obvious how much trouble they're in.

Rovers1
19/02/2009, 10:49 AM
even when it's so blatantly obvious how much trouble they're in.

ah sure we're all grand, dont know where you get that idea from!:confused:

Mr A
19/02/2009, 10:51 AM
You're just obsessed and/or bitter, Mr T.

Bohs have a budget, they will qualify for the group stages of the CL as budgeted and the two Gerries will be heroes once again. Sure they've the best interests of the club at heart, and probably saved it from going out of business at some stage in the past.

Always amuses me how fans of clubs almost always shirk away from any negative talk about their club, even when it's so blatantly obvious how much trouble they're in.

Quit your jibber jabber. If you call me obsessed one more time I'll introduce you to my friend PAIN.

corkboy360
19/02/2009, 10:53 AM
Why oh why indeed. This is a wind-up...... right?
But 2 months ago ye were dead and buried and know ye have a massive squad again.
FAI giving ye handouts like Drogs?;)

niallsparky
19/02/2009, 11:00 AM
I think our budget includes us winning the league, a cup and getting through at least one round in Europe. Oh yeah, it also includes a projection of increased attendances...

corkboy360
19/02/2009, 11:08 AM
I think our budget includes us winning the league, a cup and getting through at least one round in Europe. Oh yeah, it also includes a projection of increased attendances...

With ye're prices :eek: in the middle of the current economic climate.

Réiteoir
19/02/2009, 11:14 AM
Ah sure - if the worst comes to the worst - we'll simply follow the Cork Footballing Model - we'll simply fold the club and reform under an entirely different name several times.

Bohemian Hibernians
Phibsborough Celtic

etc.

Mr A
19/02/2009, 11:17 AM
The FAI will crap all over you if you try to pull a stunt like that. They don't tolerate any messing around, especially not this year.

pineapple stu
19/02/2009, 11:24 AM
Ah sure - if the worst comes to the worst - we'll simply follow the Cork Footballing Model - we'll simply fold the club and reform under an entirely different name several times.
You'd want to sell Dalymount to yet another company to do that.

gufcfan
19/02/2009, 12:34 PM
Well said Mr A. Also, the attack on Rovers Fan was unwarranted. His curiosity is perfectly understandable.

Rovers fan
19/02/2009, 12:38 PM
Honest to God I was only asking a few bloody questions. Don't see how i'm obsessed with bohs, find me 3 posts I have ever made in the past that would lead someone to believe. I rarely commented on other teams financial problems. Also to think that 5 minute post could hinder me helping my own club:rolleyes:.

It's absoulutely amazing how easily people get annoyed on this site. And when others smell blood they join in fot the sake of it. Grow up ffs.

Hibs4Ever
19/02/2009, 12:39 PM
Even thought the players took a cut.......

Is it not more a case that the players took a wage deferral than a wage cut?

pineapple stu
19/02/2009, 12:40 PM
So the rumour goes. They'll get the full bit once they're playing United in the CL come September, of course. It'll be grand then.

Quit your jibber jabber. If you call me obsessed one more time I'll introduce you to my friend PAIN.
Thought Aberdonian Stu had gotten your log-on, but then I copped it! :o

Rovers fan
19/02/2009, 12:43 PM

LOL, I was gonna say in the original post that I know everything is not rosey for us, but I know more about our situation than about bohs', hence why I asked a few simple questions.You know you stuff stu and easily could have answered a few of the questions I innocently posed.

garyderry
19/02/2009, 12:49 PM
You'd want to sell Dalymount to yet another company to do that.

Think they have sold it twice already :p

pineapple stu
19/02/2009, 12:54 PM
Think they have sold it twice already :p
I like to count mortgaging it to the bank as three times. :)

You know you stuff stu and easily could have answered a few of the questions I innocently posed.
I do, but sure I knew it'd get the reply it got.

They're screwed, basically. Nothing you can do other than watch it develop. At this stage, there's probably nothing anyone can do.

KUFCMan
19/02/2009, 3:59 PM
Im also interested in everything asked by the Roveres fan,but purely from a betting perspective.Iwatched them beat Glebe North 7-0 last nite and was very impressed.To me they should be odds on to win the league so I have taken Boyles 7/4 and now am taken 15/8 in Ladbrokes.Will they add Ger Rowe to their other 3 forwards,Byrne,Crowe and Fenn?
So Stu please answer those questions if u know the answers and I will tell u get stuck into a team who won the league by 19 points and have added Paul keegan,Joseph Ndo and maybe Ger Rowe with only losing Liam Burns,JP Kelly and Kalgounis.
They are stronger this season whilst the chasing pack are weaker with question marks over all of them

Prediction Back Bohs at 15/8 in Ladbrokes with decent money

pineapple stu
19/02/2009, 4:15 PM
So Stu please answer those questions if u know the answers and I will tell u get stuck into a team who won the league by 19 points and have added Paul keegan,Joseph Ndo and maybe Ger Rowe with only losing Liam Burns,JP Kelly and Kalgounis.
Not doubting they've a great team. They're a couple of million in debt, losing shed loads, paying massive interest and have some large legal bills hanging over them. Doesn't take a genius to work out they're going to do a Shels, only it could be messier as they owe money to banks instead of owing property to a developer.

It's been covered numerous times before; have a loko back over some old threads.

Hairy Bowsie
19/02/2009, 4:18 PM
The FAI will crap all over you if you try to pull a stunt like that. They don't tolerate any messing around, especially not this year.

The FAI's governing of clubs and their breaking of the rules can only compared with Neville Chamberlains policy of "Appeasement" with Hitler.

Hitler in a LoI football post, i never thought i'd do that. First post and i've already outdone myself.

dublinred
19/02/2009, 4:37 PM
Im also interested in everything asked by the Roveres fan,but purely from a betting perspective.Iwatched them beat Glebe North 7-0 last nite and was very impressed.To me they should be odds on to win the league so I have taken Boyles 7/4 and now am taken 15/8 in Ladbrokes.Will they add Ger Rowe to their other 3 forwards,Byrne,Crowe and Fenn?
They are stronger this season whilst the chasing pack are weaker with question marks over all of them

Prediction Back Bohs at 15/8 in Ladbrokes with decent money

Would also be interested from a betting point of view , from what i can gather there is a couple of guys called Gerry at Bohs who know everything and outside of them very few seem to have a clue what is going on , to put things into perspective Drogheda were buying players in the summer transfer window and only went bust when they were out of running for the league, I would be concerned about betting on bohs in case they had a bad start and nothing to play for as it would get them a chance to wipe the slate clean and start again.

pineapple stu
19/02/2009, 4:42 PM
Bohs can't wipe the slate clean like Drogheda did because if they go into examinership, they lose Dalymount.

I can see them being so far clear with five or six games to go that they could lose all their players and still win the league.

SkStu
19/02/2009, 4:53 PM
there is absoutely nothing wrong with the original post or the questions being asked in it. To be honest theyre pretty much the same questions that the bohs fans in general have. Unfortunately the membership is extremely divided on the issue and so are pretty ineffective when it comes to getting the truth out of the board. The proposed budget (accepted by the league for some unknown reason) would be laughable, if it wasnt so serious. The clowns who are proposing to increase attendances are the same ones who have increased admission, driven away good fans for nothing and have scrapped or ignored good schemes like "kids go free". Unless there is a radical change in attitude attendances will not increase.

What does **** me off a little about the preaching on this messageboard is that "the truth, i say it as it is" comes from Pineapple Stu, a UCD fan who has never tasted success in his life. Instead of supporting a real club with aspirations of winning a trophy he obsesses on a messageboard over the finances of everyone else. Its pretty pathetic and i certainly wouldnt be overtly proud to have such "knowledge" of everyone elses finances. No offence Stu, i actually enjoy some of your posts but its repetitiveness and preaching tone has gotten quite tiresome at this stage.

osarusan
19/02/2009, 4:58 PM
there is absoutely nothing wrong with the original post or the questions being asked in it. To be honest theyre pretty much the same questions that the bohs fans in general have. Unfortunately the membership is extremely divided on the issue and so are pretty ineffective when it comes to getting the truth out of the board. The proposed budget (accepted by the league for some unknown reason) would be laughable, if it wasnt so serious. The clowns who are proposing to increase attendances are the same ones who have increased admission, driven away good fans for nothing and have scrapped or ignored good schemes like "kids go free". Unless there is a radical change in attitude attendances will not increase.

What does **** me off a little about the preaching on this messageboard is that "the truth, i say it as it is" comes from Pineapple Stu, a UCD fan who has never tasted success in his life. Instead of supporting a real club with aspirations of winning a trophy he obsesses on a messageboard over the finances of everyone else. Its pretty pathetic and i certainly wouldnt be overtly proud to have such "knowledge" of everyone elses finances. No offence Stu, i actually enjoy some of your posts but its repetitiveness and preaching tone has gotten quite tiresome at this stage.

Great first paragraph, terrible second paragraph.

pineapple stu
20/02/2009, 7:48 AM
Heaven forbid I answer a poster who put a question directly to me. :rolleyes: Maybe next time I should politely decline because the poor Bohs fans would get offended?

Just to point out my earlier post -

Every time, this happens. You're no different, it seems.

SkStu
21/02/2009, 3:10 AM
Heaven forbid I answer a poster who put a question directly to me. :rolleyes: Maybe next time I should politely decline because the poor Bohs fans would get offended?

Just to point out my earlier post -

Every time, this happens. You're no different, it seems.

:) no offence here Stu, just a faint hope that i will someday understand your obsession with the finances of every troubled club in the league.

Hairy Bowsie
21/02/2009, 9:11 AM
Hey, he bought a house on the moral high ground when he started supporting UCD so he has every right to be like that.

pineapple stu
21/02/2009, 11:12 AM
:) no offence here Stu, just a faint hope that i will someday understand your obsession with the finances of every troubled club in the league.
Try sticking to a budget for a couple of years and see how much it ****es you off that every club goes broke with almost predictable regularity. :)