PDA

View Full Version : Percentage of tickets away fans are entitled to?

Rovers Maniac
18/02/2009, 10:05 PM
Just out of curiosity? Is it 5%?

DmanDmythDledge
18/02/2009, 10:07 PM
I thought it was 10% but open to correction.

John83
18/02/2009, 10:08 PM
I thought it was 10% but open to correction.
It's never really been an issue for us, has it?

Dodge
18/02/2009, 10:08 PM
It'll be an issue in tallaght

sligoman
18/02/2009, 10:11 PM
It'll be an issue in tallaghtDefinitely. Limited capacity of 3,000 until mid-season when they hope to increase it to 6,000.

I hope we're given sufficient tickets for the first game there.

Rovers Maniac
18/02/2009, 10:14 PM
It's never really been an issue for us, has it?

I remember Derry getting only a small percentage for a match in Cork one year, i think it was the league decider.

brianw82
18/02/2009, 10:39 PM
It was an issue for Bohs title-deciding game against Drogs last year too, wasn't it?

Trainee
18/02/2009, 10:49 PM
i think its 10% for cup games and a little less for league games 7-8%(not 100% sure)

Trainee
18/02/2009, 11:21 PM
its 5%
http://www.fai.ie/pdf/FAI_Club_Licensing_Manual_2009.pdf
see page 46

dcfcsteve
19/02/2009, 8:31 AM
Definitely. Limited capacity of 3,000 until mid-season when they hope to increase it to 6,000.

What's the plan re doubling the size - is that through terracing ?

I'm very keen to visit the Tallaght stadium myself at some point. Looks good in the photos.

Dodge
19/02/2009, 8:43 AM
It'll be a "temporary" stand opposit the main stand. There are no immediate plans for behind either goals

passinginterest
19/02/2009, 8:59 AM
It'll be a "temporary" stand opposit the main stand. There are no immediate plans for behind either goals

Latest on the Rovers forum is that SDCC have gone for the original plan permanent option instead, hence the prolonged period without any alternative seating.

God knows at this stage though, no official word from anyone. With over half the seats already sold to season ticket holders it's going to be pretty tight ticket wise for all the big games. Presumably a good percentage of seats will be lost to segregation for the Dublin derbies too.

Dodge
19/02/2009, 9:08 AM
I wonder how true that is with SDCC as all councils have had their budgets slashed

ndrog
19/02/2009, 9:40 AM
It was an issue for Bohs title-deciding game against Drogs last year too, wasn't it?

It was an issue a few times in the last few seasons because of our reduced capacity .Turned out allright in the end though because teams never sold out there allocation even after all the moaning and bitching .

Dodge
19/02/2009, 9:47 AM
and Drogheda didn't sell out theirs either...

BohsFans
19/02/2009, 12:11 PM
It was an issue a few times in the last few seasons because of our reduced capacity .Turned out allright in the end though because teams never sold out there allocation even after all the moaning and bitching .

RUBBISH!

Arguments over ticketing arrangements have been an unfortunate aspect of the build-up to the highly-anticipated United Park clash, with Bohs eventually getting hold of the 400 tickets for the away section yesterday morning after a row with the hosts over payment became the latest instalment of their disharmonious relationship.

Those tickets were snapped up by Bohs fans within a few hours, with plenty more still planning to make the journey to Louth.

As a consequence, in the context of disappointing attendances around the country in recent weeks, the FAI were ironically left in a position where they had to send out a press release encouraging supporters not to go to a League of Ireland match.

It is hard to see that being adhered to by Gypsies followers who are unhappy at not securing a vantage point.

While there are safety limits due to the small size of Drogheda's stadium, you would hope that security arrangements can be put in place to facilitate extra Bohs supporters rather than leaving them outside if the home followers do not come out in maximum force.

The incident emphasises the massive problem of facilities in the league when it comes to staging matches of any great magnitude.

Either way, it promises to be an interesting occasion, with Bohs needing three points to wrap up the title at the home of the defending champions.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/eircom-league/deegan-fired-up-as-bohs-fans-told-to-stay-at-home-1494915.html

citybone
19/02/2009, 12:18 PM
I wonder how true that is with SDCC as all councils have had their budgets slashed

its cheaper in the long run building a permanent stand rather than renting a tempary stand for a season

Dodge
19/02/2009, 12:33 PM
well the "temporary" was in there for a reason... They wouldn't have been renting

ndrog
19/02/2009, 4:18 PM
and Drogheda didn't sell out theirs either...

And ? we are talking about away fans ticket allocation arent we .And for the record have any clubs sold out a game in this leauge in a looooong time ?

Pablo Escobar
19/02/2009, 4:21 PM
Rovers is now our closest away game and we'll have a very large contingent intending to go. 150 tickets will not be close to being enough.

Rovers Maniac
19/02/2009, 4:35 PM
Rovers is now our closest away game and we'll have a very large contingent intending to go. 150 tickets will not be close to being enough.

If you play them early in the season 150 will be the very max i'd say you wil get. We could be getting as little as 75 which will cause up roar if we get that. Don't know why they just did not build an open terrace. Surely they are handy enough to get do one ala Harps.

redobit
19/02/2009, 4:36 PM

Same as that. Am i right in saying that behing the goals is being undeveloped for now. If so surely some open air concrete steps would suffice for us lowly away fans when we visit.
And besides that they will loose a serious amount of revenue.

Dodge
19/02/2009, 4:48 PM
They might be losing revenue, but can they justify the extra amount spent on the ground when they haven't got near 3,000 for a game in years and ended last year with regular crowds of under 1,000 (not a knock on Rovers, as a lot of teams were the same)

I think they'll geta fair bump on newcomers and lapsed fans returning at the start but it won't take long for them to driftaway if Rover aren't challenging (and again, its the same with all clubs)

Sligo may bring 150 to the first game but we all know that crowds that size are rare for visiting teams in Dublin. Can SDCC really justify spending an extra €100,000 on a terrace to be used 4/5 times a year? (and I've plucked that figure out of the air...)

oldyouth
19/02/2009, 5:21 PM
I believe UCD fans are restricted to 10% of the available attendance for their home games

HarpoJoyce
19/02/2009, 5:29 PM
I believe UCD fans are restricted to 10% of the available attendance for their home games

I always wondered about that.
Some of our fans take up two or three seats by themselves. If you include coats (names on back), bags and bicycle pumps, we spread ourselves out pretty well.

John83
19/02/2009, 7:48 PM
We just pull out the couch if we're short.

Finlay Harp
19/02/2009, 8:05 PM
[QUOTE=John83;1109057]We just pull out the couch if we're short.[/QUOnteenTE]

Or a few seats from the college canteen!

noisecontrol
20/02/2009, 1:30 PM
Whats with all the stupid seat colours in the Shamrock Rovers stand...surely green and white seats were the only way to go...???

passinginterest
20/02/2009, 1:34 PM
Whats with all the stupid seat colours in the Shamrock Rovers stand...surely green and white seats were the only way to go...???

According to the architect it makes the stadium look more full when seats are left empty. That's the short version anyway.

blackholesun
20/02/2009, 2:05 PM
I think they'll geta fair bump on newcomers and lapsed fans returning at the start but it won't take long for them to driftaway if Rover aren't challenging (and again, its the same with all clubs)

We are going to have a great chance at building a decent support base in a large working class area with a young population profile in a stadium thats easy to get too and has excellent spectator facilities ... something Pats have failed to do or provide since returning to Richmond!

If Tallaght works out, Kellegher will be using that as his excuse to move Pats out to Lucan or Clondalkin or Adamstown. I believe that the new proposed Pats stadium will most likely never be built in Inchicore!

bhs

Dodge
20/02/2009, 2:19 PM
I believe that the new proposed Pats stadium will most likely never be built in Inchicore!

So do I, but plans are very much at an inital stage. its more likely that noting gets built, than one gets built outside of Inchicore too