PDA

View Full Version : Paul Rose

Snatch
27/11/2003, 3:37 PM
Has anybody been keeping an eye on the progress of former Douglas hall youngster Paul Rose at St. Pat's?

He's a handy striker who has been on the brink of first team football there this season. Eamon Collins rates the Corkman very highly and this week he played a pivotal role for Pats against Rovers, grabbing a goal and setting up another.

The strange thing is, I believe he is still in UCC. I remember seeing Dolan and Gunther at the Collingwood Cup final in the Mardyke last Spring where Rose was the star man. Dolan who was in his first week in the City job was at the match and said afterwards that he intended signing one or two of the UCC fellas. So why is he playing in Dublin with St. Pats???:mad:

SÓC
27/11/2003, 3:39 PM
Dolan did look at a few UCC players, I think we signed Spratt on a non-contractual basis for a while.

As for Rose, just dont think he's good enough, saw him a fair few times and seems to miss 3 for every one he scores.

Dodge
27/11/2003, 4:38 PM
Have to say I’m very impressed with the lad. Despite looking like John Cleese’s minister of Funny Walk half the time, he’s done nothing but good things for us. Got injured not so long ago but has played well since his comeback.

For a little bloke he holds it up very well and can twist and turn past any defender. Hasn’t missed a good chance yet.

I’d say he’d be playing in the U21 final next week

Oh and yeah, he’s still in UCC

James
27/11/2003, 4:49 PM
Paul Rose sat on a pin
Paul
rose

:)

jofyisgod
27/11/2003, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by James
Paul Rose sat on a pin
Paul
rose

Terrible...(sighs)

Éanna
27/11/2003, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by James
Paul Rose sat on a pin
Paul
rose

:)
:rolleyes: There should be a death sentence for some

joe
27/11/2003, 7:45 PM
from what i've seen of him i don't think he'd get in our u21 team. afaik we had the chance to sign him before he went to pats but didn't.

Dodge
28/11/2003, 8:29 AM
Originally posted by joe
from what i've seen of him i don't think he'd get in our u21 team. afaik we had the chance to sign him before he went to pats but didn't.
I heard a different story. :D I'll tell you the next time I'm down (those of you who know me) :D

He wasn't great last night BTW

shedite
28/11/2003, 3:24 PM
Heard that Eamonn Collins went down to see him and he was sent off in the match. Collins went and approached him to sign as he was walking down the tunnel. Think Pat Dolans response to him was something along the lines of "Your from Cork, you must play for the rebel army"

Colm
28/11/2003, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by shedite
"Your from Cork, you must play for the rebel army"

Never has a more truthful word been spoken!;) :)

wws
28/11/2003, 3:39 PM
and who does he end up playing for?
thats right Pats!
same ol cork fans

Dr.Nightdub
29/11/2003, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by shedite
Think Pat Dolans response to him was something along the lines of "Your from Cork, you must play for the rebel army"

I believe it was more on the lines of "Michael Collins is spinning in his grave"

ccfc till i die
30/11/2003, 9:54 PM
What happened was city offered him a trial and pats offered him an actual contract so he took the contract.

My ma knows his ma and thats definitely true

ccfc till i die
30/11/2003, 9:55 PM
On reflection I sound like a 7 year old in that last post but it is true.

Dodge
01/12/2003, 8:43 AM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
On reflection I sound like a 7 year old in that last post but it is true.
LOL and you're right and so is Dr. Nightdub... :)