PDA

View Full Version : Vote of no confidence in committee

Beezer
18/02/2009, 7:26 AM
Heard earlier on 96fm news that the committee survived a vote of no confidence in them last night.
Anyone know anything about this?
I certainly didnt vote on anything

the sub
18/02/2009, 8:49 AM
There are reasons why u lost the 1div license from fai

and were not
Very professional and maybe not legal.
I heard a metting was called and certain persons
Were asked to step down to save ur club looks
Like there still there and u might not even be in a league either
This year spoke to a player last night no manager turned up and only a few players
No one there to inform them what was going on they left and that's the story.
No money no license no manager no players but u have certain commette members who want to run a club and won't. Step down and
Leave others save it before its too late the clock is ticking since yesterday and u as me

luka
18/02/2009, 8:57 AM
I certainly didnt vote on anything

Nor did I and nor was I asked to but what annoys me is that once again someone goes running to the Media but having said that now I don't know what said as I didn't hear the radio yet myself.

Cici900
18/02/2009, 9:34 AM
96fm said that the commitee survive a vote of no confidence last night. A pack of lies I would say with no source! (again)

luka
18/02/2009, 9:50 AM
96fm said that the commitee survive a vote of no confidence last night. A pack of lies I would say with no source! (again)

Oh but there was a meeting that took place last night believe me. I wasn't there like I say and 96 are apparently giving it like it was.

Beezer
18/02/2009, 9:58 AM
From what I hear the meeting was called by a group of people (some who are going forward for committee) to find out about the allegations doing the rounds.
As for a vote of no confidence I havent a clue where that came from.

luka
18/02/2009, 10:11 AM
Ahh right! Just listened to 96 news and sport there now and nothing at all mentioned. There were other members there too I believe, apart from some of those running for the committee. Don't tell me there's another faction springing up now FFS :eek:

Rambler20
18/02/2009, 11:39 AM
Here we go again same old **** private meetings that most of the members didnt even know about. No wonder people wont go anywere near the club, yet again the clubs name is being tarnished again on the radio. How do they expect to attract new members to the club carrying on like this. Unless people cop on we will be left with noting.

offside rule
18/02/2009, 11:40 AM
Ahh right! Just listened to 96 news and sport there now and nothing at all mentioned. There were other members there too I believe, apart from some of those running for the committee. Don't tell me there's another faction springing up now FFS :eek:

I thinks its happening!

rambler14
18/02/2009, 12:50 PM
There was no "vote" last night and what we know is the tip of fcukin iceberg lads!

luka
18/02/2009, 2:26 PM
There was no "vote" last night
Good man R14. At least that's that part cleared up anyway!

Beezer
18/02/2009, 2:39 PM
Here we go again same old **** private meetings that most of the members didnt even know about. No wonder people wont go anywere near the club, yet again the clubs name is being tarnished again on the radio. How do they expect to attract new members to the club carrying on like this. Unless people cop on we will be left with noting.
Talkin about double standards.Some of the people at that "private" meeting last night were on forums not so long ago mocking,abusing and threatening members who had the guts to get together and try and raise some money to bail the club before it reached the point of no return (where we are now)

the sub
18/02/2009, 2:55 PM
Talkin about double standards.Some of the people at that "private" meeting last night were on forums not so long ago mocking,abusing and threatening members who had the guts to get together and try and raise some money to bail the club before it reached the point of no return (where we are now)

Can I ask the question which I asked a few times and recieved no answer,this is not a go at you Beezer, but to all your members in the club
What are you going to do to save your club, at present you have about 4 days to appeal the FAI decision or are you going to accept it and hopefully get a license for the A League and that is looking like a NO.
As said in this thread there is more going on with regards to under hand within the club.
Are you going to leave a Chairman and other commette members who have done nothing for the last 11 or so months with regards to fundrasing in charge.
I said I would support the club even though I'm not from the area, but the sound of silence from the Chairman since you lost the license is not good.
You need some one that can lead your club out of the problems you are in.. and the people who got you in the mess should step down now.
There are 150 member in your club have you meet since Monday to discuss this or are you going to bury your heads in the sand.
Members are the people who can only get this club out of the mess but if you do not meet the club commette now forget about going into the A League or MSL as some people belive is the way forward,because you will not have a pitch to play in

pcplod
18/02/2009, 3:04 PM
Thes members that asked for this meeting last night are trying to save the club and if by faction you mean that people from all across the divide that has literally brought our club to its knees came together and united against an incompetant committee then I suppose yes it is another faction but I thought that was what we were aiming for unity what more do you want? this committee can no longer stay in charge it is the end of the line things have been done that tere is no forgiving so it is now time for them to resign and let others try and regain some sort of order to our club because they have mabde us the laughing stock of the country

6yardpunisha
18/02/2009, 3:13 PM
Nor did I and nor was I asked to but what annoys me is that once again someone goes running to the Media but having said that now I don't know what said as I didn't hear the radio yet myself.

think about that comment logically, who are the only people who had anything to gain by going to the media saying they survived a motion of no confidence - THE COMMITTEE THATS WHO, NO ONE ELSE.

People are talking about factions in the club, the most dangerous faction in the club right now are THE COMMITTEE.

We as the membership have been fed a stack of lies time and time again and from the word on the street is that Dan Wyatt is gone from the club.
Thanks Dan for all your hard work.

COMMITTEE NEEDS TO GO NOW END OF

the sub
18/02/2009, 3:21 PM
Thes members that asked for this meeting last night are trying to save the club and if by faction you mean that people from all across the divide that has literally brought our club to its knees came together and united against an incompetant committee then I suppose yes it is another faction but I thought that was what we were aiming for unity what more do you want? this committee can no longer stay in charge it is the end of the line things have been done that tere is no forgiving so it is now time for them to resign and let others try and regain some sort of order to our club because they have mabde us the laughing stock of the country

Fantastic if that is what your doing weather it includes the FCRS so be it and if its for the betterment of the club that is positive move, but what are you going to do if they do not step down.
Its about time everyone unite and save Cobh Ramblers because no one person is bigger than the club and if they feel they are true ramblers fans they should be man/woman enough to step aside

but I think they will have to be pulled out through the doors screaming, but remember they were elected by you a chirman cannot control a club or meeting, only chair the meeting and have a casting vote that is it.

don ramo
18/02/2009, 3:32 PM
why have another vote, you do undertsand even if the vote goes through the people just know there not liked, there is no mandate to force them out of office in the constitution, they have to step down under there own will,

im getting fairly ****ed of at this stage, i have spent a lot of money following ramblers all over the country these last 3 years, i want to know whats happening in my club,

why was the tax bill not sorted, we had 2-4 weeks since the fai rejected our proposal, and yet the members werent asked for there assistance, i would gladly pay 500 euro (outside of season ticket) to play in the first division, as would many others,

did we apply for a first divsion licence, casue i see no reason we wouldnt get one, and have the same thing as the others to have our house in order by a set date,

again WTF is going on

luka
18/02/2009, 3:32 PM
Thes members that asked for this meeting last night are trying to save the club

Shur we're all trying to that but there should have been no secretness behind any meeting. We all whinged when so-called secret meetings were taking place a few months ago and we all want openess and transparency but I wasn't, among others, invited to any meeting and be it for the good or for the worse it was kept very much under wraps from other members. I ain't having a dig at anyone person at all and I'm clearly stating how I feel at the moment by saying it's a real sad case of affairs altogether what's has gone on and what's currently going on. I know where I stand regardless of what others may or may not think.

think about that comment logically, who are the only people who had anything to gain by going to the media saying they survived a motion of no confidence - THE COMMITTEE THATS WHO, NO ONE ELSE

Like I said, 'it annoys me that someone ran to the press again' and I mean regardless of who it was. The point is that it was done and to be totally honest with you I have no idea who went running this time. Anyway as R14 said, there was no vote last night.

luka
18/02/2009, 3:41 PM
did we apply for a first divsion licence, casue i see no reason we wouldnt get one, and have the same thing as the others to have our house in order by a set date,

Have a read below DR. As far as I know that process is true.

Only problem with that is that officially you can't submit any new documentation ahead of the appeal. Supposedly it's to be assessed on the application as provided to the First Instance committee. That and the fact that the Revenue are a shower of barstewards who are impossible to do a deal with if you've annoyed them before..they'd want most of it up front. It's a good thought though.

pcplod
18/02/2009, 3:41 PM
Ther was no secrecy about the meeting some people got together and asked the committee for a meeting to explain their actions involving recent events im sure everyone has heard some version of it by now. they did so because they felt so strongly about it cant see what the problem is im sure if you ask anyone that was there theywill tell you exactly what happened but dont expect a happy outcome

luka
18/02/2009, 3:56 PM
Ther was no secrecy about the meeting some people got together and asked the committee for a meeting to explain their actions involving recent events im sure everyone has heard some version of it by now. they did so because they felt so strongly about it cant see what the problem is im sure if you ask anyone that was there theywill tell you exactly what happened but dont expect a happy outcome

I see your point and appreciate what you're saying but what I'm saying is that we all bitched and whinged about the FOCR's having their meetings and that all the other members weren't invited along. I do appreciate the circumstance was slightly different surrounding this case as the committee were attending, however, some members were invited along whereas others were not. We could be here all days debating the rights and the wrongs of this and I'm only voicing my own personal opinion.

the sub
18/02/2009, 4:07 PM

from the quote above, I think you should all STOP supporting Cobh Ramblers in every way until they step down, if it means staying out of the bar, games ect.
Because your wasting your time if you cannot change the people who put you in the mess.
I tell you somethink this guy must be power hungry to see he is not wanted by anyone within the club but still stays

6yardpunisha
18/02/2009, 5:29 PM
I see your point and appreciate what you're saying but what I'm saying is that we all bitched and whinged about the FOCR's having their meetings and that all the other members weren't invited along. I do appreciate the circumstance was slightly different surrounding this case as the committee were attending, however, some members were invited along whereas others were not. We could be here all days debating the rights and the wrongs of this and I'm only voicing my own personal opinion.

time to let it go now luka, there are bigger issues at stake hear now including the survival of the club so i would drop the focr comparison as from what i hear is that there was representation from all sides of the club at the meeting

6yardpunisha
18/02/2009, 5:30 PM
from the quote above, I think you should all STOP supporting Cobh Ramblers in every way until they step down, if it means staying out of the bar, games ect.
Because your wasting your time if you cannot change the people who put you in the mess.
I tell you somethink this guy must be power hungry to see he is not wanted by anyone within the club but still stays

you dont know how right you are

luka
18/02/2009, 5:42 PM
there was representation from all sides of the club at the meeting

You're correct. I do believe there were two in attendence from the FOCR's and all those running for committee positions barr one or two. Far as I'm concerned and from what I know all who attended were handpicked. My membership extends to the AGM but I'll be reviewing it after that. That's my stand and how strong I feel about the way things are being handled.

pcplod
18/02/2009, 5:59 PM
I f you are thinking about not renewing your membership then why are you running for committee?

As for being hand picked I would think that they just wanted a small group so that things would not end up in a screaming match like usual. I think you are taking to much offense about not being there and i am also sure that if you did happen to urn up last night noone would have told you that you could not attend.

luka
18/02/2009, 6:05 PM
I suppose I would have turned up had I known it was a meeting of that sort, however, as I didn't then I didn't. I can always change my mind about the 'reviewing' part, not the 'renewing' part'. I mean, people do that all the time. Anyway, I'm done on this debate. I don't think I have anything more to offer to it.

pcplod
18/02/2009, 6:19 PM
I have no proplem with people changing thier minds espiecally when they arent afraid to do it publicly and dont have one opinion for some and anoyther for others, I have plenty left to say on this matter and I wont be changing mind about how i feel or wont be sitting on the fence either

luka
18/02/2009, 6:31 PM
POTM. Classic :D

jamesd
18/02/2009, 10:40 PM
You're correct. I do believe there were two in attendence from the FOCR's and all those running for committee positions barr one or two. Far as I'm concerned and from what I know all who attended were handpicked. My membership extends to the AGM but I'll be reviewing it after that. That's my stand and how strong I feel about the way things are being handled.

The unveiling of all this brings a very sour taste to all genuine members of Cobh Ramblers FC.

On a previous thread, I had stated that the time for factions and fighting had to end.

Well based on what has been igniting in recent days and reports of meetings etc., I contacted a member of FOCR to urge their supporters to refrain from any form of finger pointing and this member has since assured me that NO member of FOCR attended last night's meeting in an official capacity.
What the person did say and I have to admit I was shocked at it, was that FOCR are still awating a response to a letter they sent to the Chairman and Committee some months back which contained 19 questions regarding irregularities with the Club's finances. While the letter was sent to date no reply has been issued.

I still repeat here, that there is and can be no place for factions of any nature and I would respectfully urge the Chairman and his Committee and to come clean with the members and let us all do everything in our power to safe our Football Club.

Ram72
19/02/2009, 12:23 AM
There was no factions at that meeting on tuesday night.
The people that went there were just ordinary members of the club.
While some members are waiting for answers, other members went looking for answers and challenged the committee on what has been revealed over the last few days.
All we have been doing for the last 12 months is waiting for answers and waiting for the golden goose to lay a golden egg for us to get us out of the sh!te we are in. Wake up call IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
So we have to get up off our h***s and unite to get our club out of the sh!te we're in.

rambler14
19/02/2009, 1:08 AM
So we have to get up off our h***s and unite to get our club out of the sh!te we're in.

Who knew you couldn't say hands on foot.ie? I never had a problem typing h***s before..........wait something's not right!:rolleyes:

Ram72
19/02/2009, 1:22 AM
Who knew you couldn't say hands on foot.ie? I never had a problem typing h***s before..........wait something's not right!:rolleyes:
*ole* Is that better?

pcplod
19/02/2009, 7:13 AM
The unveiling of all this brings a very sour taste to all genuine members of Cobh Ramblers FC.

On a previous thread, I had stated that the time for factions and fighting had to end.

Well based on what has been igniting in recent days and reports of meetings etc., I contacted a member of FOCR to urge their supporters to refrain from any form of finger pointing and this member has since assured me that NO member of FOCR attended last night's meeting in an official capacity.
What the person did say and I have to admit I was shocked at it, was that FOCR are still awating a response to a letter they sent to the Chairman and Committee some months back which contained 19 questions regarding irregularities with the Club's finances. While the letter was sent to date no reply has been issued.

I still repeat here, that there is and can be no place for factions of any nature and I would respectfully urge the Chairman and his Committee and to come clean with the members and let us all do everything in our power to safe our Football Club.

Official capacity what is that supposed to mean they were there end of, We should be glad the members are rallying on such an important issue, things like this cannot be allowed to happen. IMO they will be waiting for their response because the letter is probably stuck in a filing cabnet somewhere along with all the bills and creditors letters.

Beezer
19/02/2009, 7:39 AM
IMO they will be waiting for their response because the letter is probably stuck in a filing cabnet somewhere along with all the bills and creditors letters.
Or it may mysteriously appear at an EGM/AGM some time in the future just like the one recently read out at an EGM;)

chimpster
19/02/2009, 7:53 AM

You're spot on with the last paragraph there, JamesD, and yes the letter hsould be responded to by the club (though I'm 100% sure they won't considering the histriy of legal wranglings with FOCR).

The only problem with you're post is that you've preceded your message of unity by stirring the pot yourself, conveying information relating to FOCR which is one of the factions concerned. I've no bother with you speaking out on the matter, but following it up with that just smacks of hypocrisy...... yet again :mad:

jamesd
19/02/2009, 9:57 AM
You're spot on with the last paragraph there, JamesD, and yes the letter hsould be responded to by the club (though I'm 100% sure they won't considering the histriy of legal wranglings with FOCR).

The only problem with you're post is that you've preceded your message of unity by stirring the pot yourself, conveying information relating to FOCR which is one of the factions concerned. I've no bother with you speaking out on the matter, but following it up with that just smacks of hypocrisy...... yet again :mad:

Chipster, look I approached someone in the FOCR to appeal for calm, as in my opinion that is what is required to the extent that those who have done wrong need to be dealt with, while at the same time, all members should be uniting as a club should be.

I was not stirring, at least that was not my intention. I was just conveying the current official position of FOCR as was conveyed to me. If what I wrote was seen as stirring the I apologise, but I for one would like to see everything now out in the open and dealt with once and for all.

rambler14
19/02/2009, 10:03 AM
Chipster, look I approached someone in the FOCR to appeal for calm, as in my opinion that is what is required to the extent that those who have done wrong need to be dealt with, while at the same time, all members should be uniting as a club should be.

For the first time in an age this clubs members united on Tuesday night to try and save our club and get it back from the chairman.

chimpster
19/02/2009, 12:48 PM

I was not stirring, at least that was not my intention. I was just conveying the current official position of FOCR as was conveyed to me. If what I wrote was seen as stirring the I apologise, but I for one would like to see everything now out in the open and dealt with once and for all.

Point taken, JamesD, I'm just hoping we can stop every tiny detail about the operation of this club being vented, bitched about and used against us. Don't get me wrong, I'm no supporter of the chairman, but we as members (and as users of the forums) have to think before we blurt out every little detail and cause half the other forum users to lose their rag for the umpteenth time.

As we keep saying, its a time for level headedness and constructive discussion, and for everyone involved to move on. I don't know what was said at the meeting the other night, but if it passed off without people coming to blows then it has to be seen as a very positive thing. Lets not stoop to the level of the County Board and the hurlers by airing our dirty washing in public on a dily basis.

If anyone's nose is out of joint because they have proposals to save the club or are running for committee, then let them speak to the committee directly to ensure they get their speak, or so they can attend next time. Otherwise, lets leave the running/saving of the club (or the calling of the EGM/vote) to those that have the means and the will to see it through.