PDA

View Full Version : Making fliers

DmanDmythDledge
17/02/2009, 7:26 AM
Need to make out fliers for a tournament and just wondering what's the best programme to use? Would Microsoft Word do the trick or would using something like Abode Acrobat be better?

centre mid
17/02/2009, 7:29 AM
Depends how snazy you want it really. Word should be sufficient if its just a flier.

pineapple stu
17/02/2009, 9:06 AM
Need to make out fliers for a tournament and just wondering what's the best programme to use? Would Microsoft Word do the trick or would using something like Abode Acrobat be better?
Is this like a basic A5 sheet?

I hate Word. I use Powerpoint for the fanzine; find it much easier to place objects than in Word. I'd go with that.

dahamsta
17/02/2009, 10:13 AM
Try Scribus (http://www.scribus.net/). It's an actual DTP program, and it's free.

Pauro 76
17/02/2009, 10:21 AM
Words cannot describe how much I despise Word. Scribus looks quite handy for the basics.

A face
17/02/2009, 1:59 PM
Adobe Acrobat is only used to make PDF Documents from any existing Word file (or whatever you are using)

Adobe InDesign is a programme used to make alot of fliers, magazines, etc. and its good to place stuff the way you want them.

When making a flier, and if you are printing them yourself, avoid using a black/colour background to avoid using loads of ink. If you are getting them done from a printers make sure you look at it in black and white before you send it on, to make sure its clear and readable.

paul_oshea
17/02/2009, 2:03 PM
publisher is very good and easy to use i can send you a link of ones we've done up in a couple of days.

tiktok
17/02/2009, 2:03 PM
I use Powerpoint for the fanzine; find it much easier to place objects than in Word. I'd go with that.

Powerpoint is the handiest of the basic options IMO, especially in office2007 which gives you a bit more scope to get creative.

We've had issues in the past with some printers when using powerpoint though, for whatever reason. That Scribus site looks decent enough though, might be a good alternative to struggling even with Powerpoint.

Deckydee
05/03/2009, 10:58 AM
publisher is very good and easy to use i can send you a link of ones we've done up in a couple of days.

I agree here. Plus lots of templates you can use as well which makes the job much MUCH easier