PDA

View Full Version : Time for everyone to show how little they know...

Pages : [1] 2

thischarmingman
16/02/2009, 9:25 PM
Now we know the makeup of the league for 2009, it's the season of predictions. Just looking through a couple of the threads form last season.
Well done to those of you who tipped Cork to top the league, myself included :o but it's surprising that not as many of us as you'd think had Bohs down as Champions. It would be terribly unfair to quote individuals from over a year ago with the benefit of hindsight...but it's not going to stop me. :D

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=85249&highlight=predictions

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=80266&highlight=predictions

Top marks to finnpark for being closest to how things would pan out:

Premier Division
Bohemians (NAP) - Only conceded goals in around 10 games last season. Have added to squad with Killian Brennan who will create a lot and Jason Byrne who should replace Crowe. I think that they are sure for a top 2 finish despite having a rubbish manager.

First Division
Dundalk - Knocking on the door for a while now. Waterford are plain useless and Shels or Athlone could take 2nd place.

Cups
A total guess but Droghrda are due a good run so I will go for them.

Relegation
Cobh bottom, UCD/Galway/Harps/Bray to battle it out for other 2 posutions. Probably Harps and UCD should be favs to join Cobh. Sligo could also be drawn down there if they lose many more players.

Sammy Heggy shows what is now poignant enthusiasm for the season ahead:

Things are exciting up here, Higsy as mentioned has signed Beckett and has a list of quality players he has approached about signing. He has got rid of some of last seasons squad and in all honesty, Higsy is not a man to show loyalty if he thinks they are not up to scratch.

Celtdrog responds to a fellow Drogheda fans bemusement at a suggestion they might finish 4th ("how in gods name do you think we will finish fourth as things stand at the minute?"):

Probably points deductions for financial irregularities. Everyone says it every year so it has to happen sometime

Saint Morrissey, being divine, could obviusly be relied upon to be spot on:

people keep saying it because you have a lot of good players so its assumed that they are on good wages and past examples have shown that eircom league teams struggle to support high wage bills in the long term. there are striking similarities between your situation and that of shelbourne a few years ago in my opinion, and the similarities can be seen in the arrogance and what some people might call ignorance of your supporters too. it doesnt take a genius to see that in the long run its not feasable for more money to leave an organisation than enters it.

... someone should have pointed this out to ndrog:

explain thisignorance to me please ? In what way are we ignorant of the situation in Drogheda ? We are extremely aware of whats going on at our club thanks , and its been flogged to death the similarities or lack of between our current situation and that of Shels .Read some old threads for an argument if thats what you want Do you know anything of our current situation or is this just the usual nonsense rolled out to have a go at us .

So, thoughts for this season- winners and losers, jokers and kings? I'll be the first to stick my neck out. Feel free to quote this post gleefully in March 2010. Just can't see past Bohemians for the title again, although it is extremely hard to win this league twice in a row- can Fenlon motivate his team to the same level they were at last season when they had more to prove?

1. Bohs
2. Derry
3. Rovers
4. Sligo
5. Pats
6. Cork
7. Bray
8. Dundalk
9. Drogheda
10. Galway

FD:
1. Shels
2. SF

FAI: Rovers
LC- Derry

First managerial casualty? I'm going to go with Sean Connor. Will feel he has something to prove after his dismissal from Bohemians and his season on the MNS couch will have had other managers almost daring him to put his money where his mouth is. He has an outside chance of emulating his exploits at Sligo buth is biggest problem may be to match expectations after a string of high-profile signings and an expectant crowd at Oriel Park. Needs his signings to gel and his team to pick up crucial points at home, especially after the ruthless steeliness the Dundalk board showed in sacking John Gill.

Aaron
16/02/2009, 9:30 PM
1. Bohemians
2. Derry City
3. Shamrock Rvs
4. Cork City
5. St. Pat's Ath
6. Sligo Rvs
7. Dundalk
8. Drogheda Utd
9. Bray Wanderers
10. Galway Utd

FAI: Ourselves to avenge last seasons heartache
LC: Dundalk

First Division: Sporting Fingal

jebus
16/02/2009, 9:33 PM
Premier

Bohs
Rovers
Pats
Derry
Sligo
Cork
Drogs
Dundalk
Bray
Galway

First Division

Sporting Fingal
Shels
UCD
Harps
Limerick
Monaghan
Waterford
Longford
Wexford
Athlone
Mervue
Kildare

FAI Cup: Rovers
League Cup: Derry

Town Legend
16/02/2009, 9:37 PM
Premier Division
1- Derry
2- Bohs
3- Rovers
4- Cork
5- Sligo
6- Pats
7- Dundalk
8- Bray
9- Drogheda
10- Galway

First Division
1- Shels (We all can't be going for Sporting!!!!)
2- Sporting
3- Monaghan
4- Waterford
5- UCD
6- Longford
7- Limerick
8- Harps
9- Youths
10- Athlone
11- Kildare
12- Mervue

FAI Cup - Cork
League Cup - Shamrock Rovers

Longfordian
16/02/2009, 9:38 PM
1. Bohemians
2. Derry City
3. Shamrock Rvs
4. Cork City
5. St. Pat's Ath
6. Dundalk
7. Sligo Rovers
8. Drogheda Utd
9. Bray Wanderers
10. Galway Utd

FAI: Shamrock Rovers
LC: Drogheda United, Mathews cup record continues.

First Division:
1. Sporting Fingal
2. Shels
3. Waterford
4. Limerick
5 Monaghan
6 UCD
7 Harps
8 Longford
9 Mervue
10 Wexford
11 Athlone
12 Kildare

positions 5-9 and 10-12 could end up in any combination to be honest.

fionnsci
16/02/2009, 9:40 PM
PREMIER

1) Bohs
2) Pats
3) Derry
4) Cork
5) Rovers
6) Sligo
7) Dundalk
8) Drogheda
9) Galway
10) Bray

Fingal in the First Division

FAI Cup - Pats!
League Cup - Derry
Setanta Cup - Bohs

sligofan4ever
16/02/2009, 9:45 PM
Premier:
1:Bohemians
2 Derry City
3:Sligo Rovers
4:Shamrock Rovers
5:Cork City
6:St.Pats
7 Dundalk
8 Drogheda United
9:Galway United
10:Bray Wanderers

First Division:
1:Shelbourne
2:Sporting Fingal
3:Monaghan United
4:Longford Town
5:Waterford
6:UCD
7:Limerick
8:Finn Harps
9:Athlone Town
10:Wexford Youths
11:Mervue United
12:Kildare

oldyouth
16/02/2009, 9:47 PM
First Division

Sporting Fingal
Shels
UCD
Harps
Limerick
Monaghan
Waterford
Longford
Wexford
Athlone
Mervue
Kildare

I agree with Jebus:eek::eek::eek:

dannydundalk
16/02/2009, 10:23 PM
Premier:
1:Cork City
2 Bohemians
3:derry City
4:dundalk
5:shamrock rovers
6:St.Pats
7 sligo rovers
8 Drogheda United
9:Galway United
10:Bray Wanderers

First Division:
1:Sporting Fingal
2:Shelbourne
3:Monaghan United
4:Waterford
5:Athlone
6:UCD
7:Limerick
8:Finn Harps
9:Longford
10:Wexford Youths
11:Mervue United
12:Kildare

LEAGUE=CORK CITY
FAI=DUNDALK
LC=BOHEMIANS
SETANTA CUP=BOHEMIANS

MMVIII
16/02/2009, 10:29 PM
4:dundalk

Are you having a laugh?

Sheridan
16/02/2009, 10:29 PM
Premier

1: Bohs
2: Derry
3: St. Pat's
4: Cork
5: Sligo
6: Shamrock Rovers
7: Dundalk
8: Drogheda
9: Bray
10: Galway

First

1: Sporting Fingal
2: Shelbourne
3: Limerick
4: Waterford
5: UCD
6: Finn Harps
7: Monaghan Utd
8: Longford
9: Wexford
10: Mervue
11: Kildare
12: Athlone

passinginterest
16/02/2009, 10:37 PM
Premier

1: Derry
2: Rovers
3: Bohs
4: Cork
5: Dundalk
6: Pat's
7: Bray
8: Sligo
9: Drogheda
10: Galway

First

1: Sporting Fingal
2: UCD
3: Monaghan
4: Shels
5: Limerick
6: Youths
7: Waterford
8: Harps
9: Longford
10: Athlone
11: Kildare
12: Mervue

Scrufil
16/02/2009, 10:45 PM
1: St Patricks Athletic
2: Derry City
3: Bohemians
4: Sligo Rovers
5: Shamrock Rovers
6: Cork City
7: Dundalk
8: Drogheda Utd.
9: Galway Utd.
10: Bray W.

First Division

1: Shelbourne
2: Monaghan Utd
3: Sporting Fingal
4: Waterford Utd
5: Limerick
6: Finn Harps
7: Athlone Town
8: UCD
9: Wexford Youths
10: Mervue Utd.
11: Kildare County
12: Longford Town

Galway Utd to win the FAI cup
Shamrock Rovers to win the League Cup

dannydundalk
16/02/2009, 10:48 PM
Are you having a laugh?
we'll have to wait and see.we are full time
only 4 teams full time and with the players we have brought in ....it's a huge possibility

sligoman
16/02/2009, 10:48 PM
1. Bohs
2. Derry
3. Rovers
4. Pat's
5. Cork
6. Dundalk
7. Shams
8. Drogheda
9. Galway
10. Bray

FD:
1. Sporting Fingal
2. Shelbourne

FAI: Pat's
LC: Dundalk

First manager sacked in PD: Ian Foster.
First manager sacked in FD: Paul Hegarty(assuming Harps board cop on)

NOTE TO ALL: SHAMS DO NOT BECOME A GOOD TEAM JUST BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN TALLAGHT.

passinginterest
16/02/2009, 10:52 PM
NOTE TO ALL: SHAMS DO NOT BECOME A GOOD TEAM JUST BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN TALLAGHT.

It's more to do with signing some decent midfielders and an interesting new manager. The trialistss there are supposed to be fairly handy too.

Mind you I still think Bray look a good price in the season opener.

GalwayRed
16/02/2009, 10:54 PM
Premier Division
1. Derry
2. Bohs
3. Pats
4. Shams
5. Cork
6. Sligo
7. Dundalk
8. Bray
9. Drogs
10. Galway

First Division
1. Fingal
2. Shels
3. Waterford
4. UCD
5. Limerick
6. Mons
7. Harps
8. Longford
9. Wexford
10. Mervue
11. Athlone
12. Kildare

FAI Cup: Shams
Setanta Cup: Bohs

Jofspring
16/02/2009, 11:06 PM
Premier Division

1.Bohs
2.Derry
3.St. Pats
4.Shamrock Rovers
5.Sligo Rovers
6.Cork
7.Dundalk
8.Galway
9.Bray
10.Drogheda

First Divsion

1.Sporting Fingal
2.Shels
3.Limerick
4.Monaghan
5.UCD
6.Longford Town
7.Waterford Utd
8.Finn Harps
9.Wexford Youths
10.Athlone Town
11.Mervue Utd
12.Kildare County

Finishing positions in the first divsion from 3rd to 8th are too hard to call, any of those teams could finish high up or very low down, there won't be many points between them. Fingal looking like there are going to walk it but hopefully the other teams will make it as hard as possible for them. They might not win it as easily as the signings they are making would suggest.

League Cup: Sporting Fingal (Think they could have a good go at this as not many premier teams rate it too highly as far as importance is concerned)
FAI Cup: Derry City (Will just miss out on the league but take the FAI Cup)
Setanta Cup: Bohs (Over the course of it they should prevail as winners)

Sam_Heggy
16/02/2009, 11:43 PM
After my blind enthusiasm last season I will be more realistic this time ;)

Premier:

1. Derry - I know ill have to watch my back from now on in fear of assassination but meh.
2. Bohs
3. Pats
4. Rovers
5. Sligo
6. Dundalk
7. Cork (if they get through this week with a prem licence)
8. Bray
9. Drogs
10. Galway

I think Derry will be hard to stop this season, if Farren and Morrow start of the season well and Kearney continues his pre-season form then I think their fire-power will be they key.
Bohs back line and Keeper will stand them in good steed but will Crowe and Byrne hit enough goals this season?

First:

1. Sporting Fingal
2. Shels
3. UCD
4. Waterford
5. Monaghan
6. Harps
7. Longford
8. Limerick
9. Athlone
10. Wexford
11. Mervue
12. Kildare

I really can't see anyone other than Shels challenging Fingal for the first division. They have bought a premier division squad that should dispatch of teams at ease in the first but the only question is, whether or not the prem players are going to be 100% committed in the First division?

UCD are once again an unknown but are usually strong in the first, they seem to turn out some cracking new players each season and I expect them to do the same this.

As for Harps, with an average age of 18, and average height of 4'1" and the tactical know how of Paul Hegarty on our side the sky is the limit.

Oh how opinions change, this time last season the man could do no wrong, then, all of a sudden, yes, you guessed it, he signed Labonte, Beckett and Davy Byrne. Sicknote United was born.
To add salt to the wounds we signed 2 of the biggest piles of dog doo-do journeymen the league had to offer in Stuart Malcom and Davy Tyrell.
God that was a horrible season in which I don't care to see again. Oh wait, we have now signed Ian Rossiter and Vinny Sweeney, yippidee fooking doooo, here we go again.
BTW, I don't have the same optimistic views anymore, I didn't know if that came through in the above rant, I mean paragraph.

As for the rest of the teams, I didn't keep much of an eye on the first div last season but something tells me I'll be getting very familiar with it for a while to come. :(

The Lep
17/02/2009, 1:06 AM
Derry

Fingal

league cup Fingal :)
fai cup Fingal :)

ciaraa
17/02/2009, 2:58 AM
Premier: Derry (By a country mile)
Euro Qualifiers: Sligo, St Pats
Points Deductions: Bohs/Scumdalk
Last: Galway (Although prob Drogs)

1st Champs: Shels
2nd: SF
3rd: Monaghan
4th: UCD
Last: Wexford

Cups: Derry (LC), Limerick (FAI), Sinfield (Setanta)

Best performance in Europe: Sligo

WoodquayBoy
17/02/2009, 7:57 AM
Premier Division:
Bohs
Derry
Shams
Sligo
Pats
Cork
Bray
Dundalk
Drogheda
Galway

I think we are in serious, serious trouble, light squad, not a lot of experience, O'Brien and O'Shea never sparkled when playing together last season, so don't see how they will this season. And we have no strikers worthy of the name.
Can't see anyone stopping Bohs, Derry to run them closest, and the only thing the emotional move home is the only thing that will see Rovers pip Sligo for 3rd

First Division
Shels
Fingal
UCD
Waterford
Limerick
Mons
Longford
Harps
Wexford
Mervue
Athlone Kildare

Sporting have bought a scatter of players, but that doesn't mean they'll be a team. Will be tight between Shels, Fingal and UCD, but think Shels will nick it, with every chance UCD come up via the playoff.

FAI: Derry
League Cup: Cork

brianw82
17/02/2009, 8:36 AM
1. Bohemians
2. Derry City
3. Shamrock Rvs
4. Sligo Rvs
5. Cork City
6. St. Pat's Ath
7. Dundalk
8. Bray Wanderers
9. Drogheda Utd
10. Galway Utd

The big question about Bohs, I feel, is their strikeforce. It is ageing. Byrne was mainly played on the right wing, and although Crowe generally played well as a lone frontman, he didn't get so many goals. They also relied quite a bit on impact player Kalonas in the latter half of the season for goals/inspiration.

Still though, until Derry prove themselves as anything more than pretenders, it's hard to see past Bohs again.

Unfortunately for us, I do see Shamrock Rovers powering ahead now that they're in Tallaght. They've added real quality to their midfield.

dublinred
17/02/2009, 9:44 AM
1) Sligo Rovers
2) Derry
3) Pats
4) Cork
5) Shams
6) Dundalk
7) Galway
8) Bray
9) Drogheda
10) Bohs **

**Examinership

Shels For the First Division

FAI Cup - Derry
League Cup - Derry
Setanta Cup - Pats[/QUOTE]

micls
17/02/2009, 9:58 AM
1) Sligo Rovers
2) Derry
3) Pats
4) Cork
5) Shams
6) Dundalk
7) Galway
8) Bray
9) Drogheda
10) Bohs **

**Examinership

Shels For the First Division

FAI Cup - Derry
League Cup - Derry
Setanta Cup - Pats[/QUOTE]
Bohs wont go into examinership, they have Dalymount. At worst theyl be forced to sell it.

gufc4life
17/02/2009, 9:59 AM
Premier
1.Derry
2.Bohs
3.Sligo
4.Rovers
5.Sligo
6.Cork
7.Galway
8.Dundalk
9.Bray
10.Drogs

First Division

Sporting Fingal
Shels
UCD
Harps
Limerick
Monaghan
Waterford
Longford
Wexford
Athlone
Kildare
Mervue

FAI Cup: Cork
League Cup: Sligo

jinxy lilywhite
17/02/2009, 10:04 AM
Needs his signings to gel and his team to pick up crucial points at home, especially after the ruthless steeliness the Dundalk board showed in sacking John Gill.

First things first John Gill wasn't sacked. His contract wasnt renewed.

Premier Division
1. Bohs
2. Rovers
3. Derry
4. Cork
5. St. Pats
6. Dundalk
7. Sligo
8. Galway
9. Drogheda
10. Bray

Obviously i want us to do better but I'd be happy with a 6th place finish.

First Division
1. Limerick
2. Shels
3. Sporting Fingal
4. UCD
5. Harps
6. Monaghan
7. Waterford
8. Longford
9. Athlone
10. Wexford
11. Mervue
12. Kildare

The first is really a f**ker to think about. Fingal may be full time and have the biggest squad but that means f all when they have to travel and they won't win every game. Glad for once in 7 years to be looking at the first from the outside and hopefully we'll never be there again.

centre mid
17/02/2009, 10:09 AM
Prem Div
1. Derry
2. Cork
3. Bohs

8. Bray
9. Drogheda
10. Galway

First
Shels
Waterford
Fingal

Cup - Bray
Lge Cup- Derry
Setanta - Linfield

passinginterest
17/02/2009, 10:13 AM
Bohs wont go into examinership, they have Dalymount. At worst theyl be forced to sell it.

For the third time? That's how they got into this mess :D

thesilverfox
17/02/2009, 10:27 AM
Premier Division:
Bohs
Derry
Rovers
Shams
Dundalk
Cork
Pats
Galway
Bray
Drogheda

First Division:
Fingal
Shels

gufc2000
17/02/2009, 10:40 AM
we'll have to wait and see.we are full time
only 4 teams full time and with the players we have brought in ....it's a huge possibility
Great to see that Dundalk are getting cocky already :D. We were full-time in our 1st season up too and we stlill as of yet are to make an impression

pineapple stu
17/02/2009, 10:48 AM
Interesting to see everyone putting us so high up; we've lost an awful lot of players from last year, and most of our coaching staff.

Anyways -
First Division
1. Sporting Fungus - seem to be spending outrageous money on quality players. Don't think "time to gel" will stop them winning the divsion. Just have to hope Mr Gannon keeps his head above water.
2. Shels - same as above but with a less impressive squad.

Gap

3. Limerick - don't know what their squad is like compared to last year, but they seemed to be tapping into the junior leagues for the second half of last season, and put on a good run at the same time.
4. UCD - doing surprisingly well in pre-season friendlies so far. :) Always some new players to be found.
5. Waterford - bound to be there or thereabouts, especially pre the traditional mid-season cash crisis.
6. Monaghan - putting together a decent side. Outsiders for the second play off spot, I'd say.
7. Harps - hard to tell. Amateur this year? Could struggle, could be up there.
8. Wexford
9. Kildare
10. Athlone

And the forgotten division -

1. Bohs - looks like they've managed to postpone the inevitable for another year.
2. Derry - not cutting back as much as everyone else.
3. Rovers
4. Pat's
5. Dundalk
6. Sligo
7. Cork
8. Drogheda
9. Galway
10. Bray

holidaysong
17/02/2009, 10:49 AM
Premier Division

1. Bohemian FC
2. Derry City
3. Cork City
4. St. Patrick's
5. Shamrock Rovers
6. Dundalk FC
7. Sligo Rovers
8. Galway United
9. Bray Wanderers
10. Drogheda United

First Division: Shelbourne

Unlike some other Dundalk fans, up until yesterday I'd have been quite happy with a 7th place finish - avoiding the relegation playoffs. However, with the signing of Liam Burns yesterday I'm letting myself get carried away a bit and I'm hopeful that we can push for a 5th/6th place finish. With the squad we have at the moment, I just don't see us going down. Drogheda barely have a squad and I think they'll be a certainty for the automatic relegation spot, the battle to avoid the playoff spots could be a good one with a few good wins taking you from the brink of relegation to pushing for a European spot. I think it'll be very tight from 3rd to 8th - Bohs and Derry a good bit ahead at the top, Bray and Drogheda a fair bit adrift at the bottom.

showgies
17/02/2009, 10:50 AM
Premier Division:
Bohs
Pats
Derry
Cork
Sligo
Shams
Dundalk
Drogheda
Bray
Galway

First Division
Fingal
Harps
Waterford
Shels
Limerick
UCD
Mons
Longford
Wexford
Mervue
Athlone
Kildare

FAI: Derry

gustavo
17/02/2009, 10:53 AM
Bohs
Derry
Cork
Shams
Rovers
Dundalk
Pats
Bray
Drogs
Galway

DmanDmythDledge
17/02/2009, 11:00 AM
Premier Division
1. Bohs (by a mile once again)
2. Derry
3. Sligo
4. Pats
5. Drogheda
6. Rovers
7. Cork
8. Dundalk
9. Bray
10. Galway

I'd say it's going to be very close between the bottom 3. Cork raped by the Doolin factor.

First Division
1. Sporting Fingal (by a mile)
2. Shelbourne
3. Limerick
4. Waterford
5. Longford
6. Finn Harps
7. Monaghan
8. UCD
9. Wexford
10. Mervue
11. Athlone
12. Kildare

oriel
17/02/2009, 11:03 AM
Prem

1. Derry
2. Bohs
3. Pats
4. Cork
5. Rovers
6. Dundalk
7. Sligo
8. Bray
9. Drogheda
10 Galway

FD

1. Shels
2. Sporting
3. UCD
4. Waterford

FAI CUP : Pats

LC : Derry (who else)

Kildare Lad
17/02/2009, 11:06 AM
Premier Division
1. Bohs
2. Derry
3. Rovers
4. Pats
5. Sligo
6. Cork
7. Dundalk
8. Bray
9. Drogheda
10. Galway

First Division
1. Sporting Fingal
2. Shels
3. UCD
4. Limerick
5. Waterford
6. Finn Harps
7. Monaghan
8. Longford
9. Athlone
10. Mervue
11. Wexford
12. Kildare

League Cup
Derry

FAI Cup
Pats

placid casual
17/02/2009, 11:19 AM
Premier Division:
Cork
Bohs
Derry
Pats
Sligo
Rovers
Dundalk
Bray
Galway
Drogheda

Schumi
17/02/2009, 11:39 AM
Premier:
1. Bohs
2. Derry
3. Pats
4. Rovers
5. Dundalk
6. Sligo
7. Cork
8. Drogheda
9. Galway
10. Bray

First:
1. Fingal
2. Shelbourne
3. Limerick
4. Waterford
5. UCD
6. Monaghan
7. Harps
8. Wexford
9. Longford
10. Mervue
11. Athlone
12. Kildare

FAI Cup:
Rovers to beat Sligo in the final

League Cup:
Fingal to lose the final

endabob1
17/02/2009, 12:13 PM
Premier - 1st Derry 2nd Bohs 3rd Cork
First - 1st Shels 2nd Sporting Fingal 3rd Waterford
FAI - Bohs
LC - Pats

MyTown
17/02/2009, 1:06 PM
Dundalk continue to strengthen - Liam Burns now rejoining Connor.

I think they'll do it & Sligo should be in Europe two years running.

Bottom four of ourselves, Bray, Cork & Drogs - not in that order

Delighted that most posters have us finishing in 10th., a few in 9th. and a precious few in 8th. Everything else will be a bonus after that dose of reality.

Shamrock Rovers will win the Cup

Lilywhite Army
17/02/2009, 1:17 PM
Am i readiin gthis wrong or are you sayin Dundalk will win the league..
No chance of it..And thats from a Dundalk fan..Bohs will win again..

Altough can anyone remember the last team that won the first divison and the next year won the premier ??

holidaysong
17/02/2009, 1:22 PM
It took Derry two years to win the Premier Division after getting promoted (1986/87 for the First and 1988-89 for the Premier).. Can't think of anyone else that might have done it.

Town Legend
17/02/2009, 1:36 PM
Interesting to see everyone putting us so high up; we've lost an awful lot of players from last year, and most of our coaching staff.

Anyways -
First Division
1. Sporting Fungus - seem to be spending outrageous money on quality players. Don't think "time to gel" will stop them winning the divsion. Just have to hope Mr Gannon keeps his head above water.
2. Shels - same as above but with a less impressive squad.

Gap

3. Limerick - don't know what their squad is like compared to last year, but they seemed to be tapping into the junior leagues for the second half of last season, and put on a good run at the same time.
4. UCD - doing surprisingly well in pre-season friendlies so far. :) Always some new players to be found.
5. Waterford - bound to be there or thereabouts, especially pre the traditional mid-season cash crisis.
6. Monaghan - putting together a decent side. Outsiders for the second play off spot, I'd say.
7. Harps - hard to tell. Amateur this year? Could struggle, could be up there.
8. Wexford
9. Kildare
10. Athlone

And the forgotten division -

1. Bohs - looks like they've managed to postpone the inevitable for another year.
2. Derry - not cutting back as much as everyone else.
3. Rovers
4. Pat's
5. Dundalk
6. Sligo
7. Cork
8. Drogheda
9. Galway
10. Bray

Eh.....you've left out Longford and Mervue in your First Division table Stu!!!!:eek:

pineapple stu
17/02/2009, 2:52 PM
Oh yeah!

Started off taking it seriously, then cared less I went further past us. :)

Sporting
Shels
Limerick
UCD
Waterford
Monaghan
Harps
Longford
Wexford
Mervue
Kildare
Athlone

Rovers fan
17/02/2009, 3:04 PM
Bohs
Derry
Sligo rovers(As long as we don't get loads of injuries...)
Dundalk
Pats
Shams
Cork
Drogs
Galway
Bray

Sporting Fingal
shels
waterford
limerick
Monaghan
longford
Ucd
Harps
Wexford
athlone
kildare
mervue

Fai: Pats
LC: Derry
Setanta: Derry
Uefa europa blah blah: Sligo rovers:)

Battery Rover
17/02/2009, 4:20 PM
First Division

Shels
Sporting
Harps
Waterford
Limerick
Athlone
Monaghan
UCD
Wexford
Longford
Mervue
Kildare

dannydundalk
17/02/2009, 8:54 PM
Premier: Derry (By a country mile)
Euro Qualifiers: Sligo, St Pats
Points Deductions: Bohs/Scumdalk

i must say you are sad

the-blue-harp
17/02/2009, 9:05 PM
As for Harps, with an average age of 18, and average height of 4'1" and the tactical know how of Paul Hegarty on our side the sky is the limit.

what a difference a year makes!:o