PDA

View Full Version : Waterford v Derry live on tv3

pete
26/11/2003, 11:29 AM
Just to confirm...

Says so here anyway (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=8711)

Colm
26/11/2003, 4:55 PM
Why are they showing this? It will most likely be a terrible game of football and is not likely to attract any new fans to the el.
There have been so many great games over the course of the season and they didn't show any of them. Now they decide to show this, does'nt make sense. At least they're showing finally showing a game I suppose.
TV3! I ask you!:)

A face
26/11/2003, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by Colm
TV3! I ask you!:)

:D

Yeah suppose they are showing one at least .... have to say it is an important game anyway .... and it is outside Dubland aswell which must be a bonus.

noby
27/11/2003, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by Colm
It will most likely be a terrible game of football and is not likely to attract any new fans to the el.

It can't always be about attracting new fans.
Since the title is settled, the next major decider is relegation, followed by european spot. Plus, I guess it's handy for Derry fans who can't make the journey

pete
27/11/2003, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by noby
It can't always be about attracting new fans.

I disgree. The eL needs to move away from the parochial view of seeing themselves on tv to using live tv3 as an advert to get more sponsors & supporters.

Dodge
27/11/2003, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by pete
I disgree. The eL needs to move away from the parochial view of seeing themselves on tv to using live tv3 as an advert to get more sponsors & supporters.
true but with man U/Chelsea on straight after, it won't get too much attention. There's probably a pay per view game on aswell. And with 3 other games at the same time, this will surely get the lowest viewing figures on any game ever

Oh and TV3 showed a game from Dublin this year?

pete
27/11/2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
...this will surely get the lowest viewing figures on any game ever...

eL can compete to a limited extent with foreign football but has no hope against Manchester games. I doubt pubs will even even show the eL game during the english games halftime.

I just cannot see how tv3 planned to show this game. There must have been outside pressure for them to show a game on sunday.

Dodge
27/11/2003, 10:20 AM
eL can compete to a limited extent with foreign football but has no hope against Manchester games. I doubt pubs will even even show the eL game during the english games halftime.

I just cannot see how tv3 planned to show this game. There must have been outside pressure for them to show a game on sunday.
Think contractually they had to.

patsh
27/11/2003, 1:19 PM
TV3 showed one live game from the first round of games, now one live match from the last round.
This is disgraceful.
RTE gets hammered here regularly, and justifiably so on occasion, but they have given far more support to the league than TV3 who are suppoed to be the holders of the contract.
Time for Rooney to tell TV3 where to go.

SÓC
27/11/2003, 1:34 PM
I dont think there is an official contract with TV3 anymore since the Sky deal was ripped up.

noby
27/11/2003, 1:56 PM
I disgree.

Ordinarily, yes, I would agree. Show the best matches throughout the season. But tv3 didn't. When it comes to showing the last game of the season, you have to show a match with some meaning to it, (championship decider etc.).
They had the last 6 months to show 'glamour ties' to attract the new viewers

And anyway, when did the blues fail to excite this year. And Derry are fighting for survival. Could well be a cracker (first half anyway, then everyone will turn on sky)

eL can compete to a limited extent with foreign football but has no hope against Manchester games.

Does this include Man City Games??

patsh
29/11/2003, 9:59 AM
I think that TV3 are hoping to get very poor viewing figures, which will give them the perfect excuse for not showing live games.
There were many important gmaes, which turned out to be excellent matches, that they could have shown throughout the season. They didn't.
This is a feeble, half hearted attempt.

TG4 should be approached, and helped in any way the eL can, about proper weekly live coverage of the league.

UCD_4_Life
29/11/2003, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by patsh
I think that TV3 are hoping to get very poor viewing figures, which will give them the perfect excuse for not showing live games.
There were many important gmaes, which turned out to be excellent matches, that they could have shown throughout the season. They didn't.
This is a feeble, half hearted attempt.

TG4 should be approached, and helped in any way the eL can, about proper weekly live coverage of the league.

Yep, ditch both RTÉ and TV3. TG4 would do a far better job.

Lads, come on. I seriously doubt that this game will be boring. Derry can't hold out for a draw as if we win they'll go down on goal difference and if they go a goal down then they have to push on for the win. Hopefully Waterford will get an early goal and Derry will have to chase the game.

The only other option would be U.C.D. Vs. Longford, to be fair.

MariborKev
29/11/2003, 3:53 PM
Any chance of any games being called off due to the weather

Any Waaaaaaaaaaaaterford fans prepared to text us

Just before we leave Belfast to drive to the RSC on to discover it is off

pete
02/12/2003, 2:39 PM
Only saw few clips on eL weekly last night but looked like terrible attendance & pitch very heavy looking. Can't speak for quality of play or the coverage but seen nothing to suggest viewing figures be exceptionally low.

was there even 1000 at the game?

:rolleyes: