PDA

View Full Version : Sunday K.O. Changed?

SÓC
26/11/2003, 10:55 AM
Sunday's K.O. has been changed to 2pm according to posts on the Pats and Bohs MBs. That would mean ours has changed too.

DolansWaistcoat
26/11/2003, 10:59 AM
Hope it's true,wanna see Chelski hammer Man ure as well as city getting the third spot.Sh*t, ill have to tell me mam to have the dinner on early,she'll kill me.

thecorner
26/11/2003, 12:08 PM
this is a f@cking disgrace

changing games for the other league again

reckon they would even get less of a crowd at 2

after all, many will be just getting home from their saturday then

tiktok
26/11/2003, 12:26 PM
hope it's true, we need as big a gate as possible both for the club's finances and for the atmosphere on the day. the man utd -v- chelsea game would have taken people away, now both can be fitted in by those who wan't to see both, good for us i think.

niamh
26/11/2003, 1:41 PM
I'd agree with changing the times to an hour earlier rather than changing the entire day. Reckon Shels should now be made play on Sunday too but that would prob just end in legal action from Shels...their lawyer must have a full time job with them...

DolansWaistcoat
26/11/2003, 1:45 PM
They should force sky to put the Chelski-man ure match forward to saturday:D

Macy
26/11/2003, 1:45 PM
TV3 covering Waterford v Derry probably has something to do with the move..... They hardly want to clash with other live football....

niamh
26/11/2003, 1:47 PM
Are they showing that match for def?
Not much of an audience puller like...

thecorner
26/11/2003, 2:29 PM
according to the fai official site all games are still at 2.15

we cant keep bowing to the overseas leagues forever

how can the league change to a full-time set up if they keep changing their games to suit others

would rather have the real supporters there at 3.15 than a few barstoolers that r trying to fill in a few hours b4 taking their place on the barstool at 4pm

liamon
26/11/2003, 3:04 PM
I'm torn in two directions over this. I don't like to see the LoI running around trying to find an empty slot between Sky's wall to wall premeriship coverage. At the same time, I want as many people as possible to turn up and watch CCFC. And I want ot watch Keano afterwards.

As for the corner's attitude to barstoolers......I used to be one. Then I started going to watch City occassionally. Got hooked pretty quickly. I guess it's like that for lots of people. So keep the barstoolers coming. Plus, we need their money to pay playres like George so we can hang to them.

ian
26/11/2003, 4:19 PM
The corner is that 2.15 or 3.15?????

Can you let us know the right time.

pete
26/11/2003, 4:48 PM
Think City went head to head against some friday night Chelsea game earlier in the season & crowd was down maybe 1500 or more.

Sad but true but CCFC can't win head to head against Manchester.

ian
26/11/2003, 4:57 PM
That game also was Chelsea v Man u.

jofyisgod
26/11/2003, 5:14 PM
Ah now this is getting stupid! If this has ben done to accomadate barstoolers, then i'm gonna be angry. I mean, i know that they provide a bit of revenue, but surely it's not worth bothering TRUE fans just for them...

Gary
26/11/2003, 5:38 PM
We support a miserable excuse for a league. Im ashamed that we are accomodating that game.

Dont get me wrong, if City werent playing i'd happily watch it, but to move your game, the fatc that league moved the entire league program to accomodate SKY is pathetic.

Does no one have any pride in their league?

tiktok
26/11/2003, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Does no one have any pride in their league?

nothing to do with it. true fans will go watch city regardless of what time it's on. by scheduling it for two we ensure the gate receipts are buoyed by those who may have stayed away at 3.15.

makes good business sense.

thecorner
26/11/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by ian
The corner is that 2.15 or 3.15?????

Can you let us know the right time.

aww. the chelski fan wants to know what time the game is on
getting worried id say;)

according to the bohs website, they rang the board and were told their game vs pats is on at 3.15

ian
26/11/2003, 6:48 PM
No my friend I am not My first loyalty is to Cork City and then Chelsea. As for the match I will get to see the second half of the match. I am not one of them bar stoolers that you are on about.

The corner get it right the next time my friend.

thecorner
26/11/2003, 8:47 PM
Originally posted by ian
No my friend I am not My first loyalty is to Cork City and then Chelsea. As for the match I will get to see the second half of the match. I am not one of them bar stoolers that you are on about.

thats i like to hear bud

A face
26/11/2003, 9:37 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
thats i like to hear bud

And thats the way it should be, !! :)

Bernie
27/11/2003, 7:29 AM
The Kick Off time on Sunday has been confirmed for 3.15 pm.

ian
27/11/2003, 7:59 AM
The corner you have your answer it kicks off at 3.15 change your glasses???? or don't write too late at night.

James
27/11/2003, 8:06 AM
Originally posted by Bernie
The Kick Off time on Sunday has been confirmed for 3.15 pm.

cheers bernie
can re-set the alarm clock for an extra hour in bed on sunday morning now :D

thecorner
27/11/2003, 9:21 AM
Originally posted by ian
The corner you have your answer it kicks off at 3.15 change your glasses???? or don't write too late at night.

WHAT??????????????????
FUPIN WEIRDO

as ive been stating all the time kick-off time was never changed in the first place so it was a **** topic