PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

Macy
26/11/2003, 9:53 AM
Oh it could really be a great day now that we can send UCD down..... What a great end to a great season.....

Xlex
26/11/2003, 10:22 AM
they are battling, but if the deserve to win, they deserve to win... IMO derry will lose in the play-off... everything on merit, if it was a decision on either Home Farm or UCD I'd take UCD anyday... but Derry well they don't deserve to stay up either... they've been brutal too...

but one way or the other, beverages will be consumed

Macy
26/11/2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
but one way or the other, beverages will be consumed
Reading some of that post, have you been in an early house starting already? :)

Xlex
26/11/2003, 11:28 AM
well, everybody wants UCD down, but if they stay up, they'll be there on merit, DC or IMO, Bray replacing them still won't guarentee a geographic repsentation... If we talk about crowd numbers, and the crowd UCD contribute, then I'd prefer UCD to DC... at the end of the day I have a soft spot for the underdogs and I admire they way the kept plugging away to turn the results around... I hate the way Doolin left them and yet they might achieve the (unthinkable) Play-off...

Macy
26/11/2003, 12:38 PM
In all fairness, and much as I hate Seery, I think Dublin City have the potential to bring more than UCD - Bray certainly do......

pineapple stu
26/11/2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Macy
I think Dublin City have the potential to bring more than UCD - Bray certainly do......

In what way? Dublin City are the third team within about a one-mile radius on the Northside, with Pat's also being not that far off, while we've no-one within about ten miles of us.

Dublin City's facilitiers certainly won't be bringing more to the Premier - even considering ours!

And sure if we go, who'll be around to beat your supporters at football during half-time?!:D

Macy
26/11/2003, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
In what way? Dublin City are the third team within about a one-mile radius on the Northside, with Pat's also being not that far off, while we've no-one within about ten miles of us
10 miles me arse - All the current Dublin clubs are well within 10 miles of Belfield, and no you can't count Rovers home game in Cork... Anyway with a bit of luck, that other South Dublin team Bray will be up instead...

And sure if we go, who'll be around to beat your supporters at football during half-time?!:D
I reckon if that team was playing no one they'd still manage to lose... :D

pineapple stu
26/11/2003, 3:31 PM
10 miles me arse - All the current Dublin clubs are well within 10 miles of Belfield, and no you can't count Rovers home game in Cork... Anyway with a bit of luck, that other South Dublin team Bray will be up instead...

Okay, five miles then, still better than having a new team trying to get fans when the top two teams in the league are within a one-mile radius.

Maybe Bray will come up instead, but your point was that Dublin City would bring more to the Premier than us. Which I contest and will continue to contest!

Macy
26/11/2003, 3:34 PM
Maybe Bray will come up instead, but your point was that Dublin City would bring more to the Premier than us. Which I contest and will continue to contest!
I still think they would, but at worst they bring no less than you lot.... At least they have to raise their own money, rather than steal players through the scholarship scheme....

pineapple stu
26/11/2003, 3:36 PM
At least they have to raise their own money, rather than steal players through the scholarship scheme....

Macy, I know you're just a simple culchie from the midlands, but I'm getting tired of having to spell this out time and time again...

There's nothing stopping Longford from setting up a similar arrangement from ours (apart from not having a College in Longford, which is hardly our fault!). Other teams are already copying us. Why should we stop doing something just because it's a good idea and almost no-one else could be bothered copying us???

Macy
26/11/2003, 3:41 PM
Because the other clubs pay for it themselves, whereas my tax dollars pay for your scheme....

pineapple stu
26/11/2003, 9:34 PM
Because the other clubs pay for it themselves, whereas my tax dollars pay for your scheme....

:confused: :confused:

Macy, give up talking complete rubbish while you can, will ya?

Longford Town go to a local college (hypothetically) and organise an agreement whereby some of their players can gain a scholarship as well. The College gets a higher sporting profile, so more people from the area will be looking to go to it (the sports facilities offered by UCD is a huge plus on their profile). This agreement doesn't cost either party anything as both are on very good terms and both are getting something out of it.

Tell me why that deal can only apply to UCD and not to any other club?

Any having explained that, tell me how come Cork City, among others, already have their own, smaller, versions in place?

A face
26/11/2003, 10:41 PM
Any having explained that, tell me how come Cork City, among others, already have their own, smaller, versions in place?

Have what in place ?? A youth system ..... are you aware of the UEFA licensing agreement at all ??

Xlex
27/11/2003, 7:38 AM
Originally posted by A face
Have what in place ?? A youth system ..... are you aware of the UEFA licensing agreement at all ??

no, the sports scholarship...

pineapple stu
27/11/2003, 12:35 PM
Read the thread, would we, A face?:D