PDA

View Full Version : Licences for 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Guitd
15/02/2009, 10:32 PM
well its Monday 16th Feb. could be one of the biggest days in league of Ireland Football history ,who will get the licence the are looking for ,,who will the fixture list put togeather for first games ,,who will get no fixture at all ,,,,lets wait and see what the FAI are made of :confused:

Guitd
15/02/2009, 10:56 PM
i think(hope) cork will be grand still annoyed the way the fixtures are only coming out now like 2 weeks before the season

Cork ? what about Drogheda ? Sligo? Athlone? Cobh? Kildare ? Harps?even Bohs? lets wait and see

sligoman
15/02/2009, 11:12 PM
what about Sligo?Eh, what about us?:confused:

dannydundalk
15/02/2009, 11:30 PM
about 12 hrs and we will know :eek:omg i CANNOT WAIT :p

don ramo
16/02/2009, 12:48 AM
were dodo food:o

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 9:33 AM
The fixtures are out at 5pm but what time are the licences out?

Dodge
16/02/2009, 9:40 AM

Tomorrow. The league has learned a lot from watching TV over the break and will announce 7 winners tonight and leave the final 3 for tomorrow's prime time show. Don't forget to phone the premium rate number to keep your club in the top league!

Battery Rover
16/02/2009, 9:42 AM

Official press release later today clubs being informed prior to that.

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 9:49 AM
Drogheda have a premier licence.

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/single/id/1540

gufct
16/02/2009, 9:58 AM
Its a faaaaaaaarrrrrrrce.

eamo1
16/02/2009, 10:01 AM
If its true Drogs got a licence then its a joke:mad:.I WILL be writing a letter of complaint to the FAI.Galway Utd cut 6 players last July when they were in trouble to avoid sanctions but Drogs did nothing and got away with it(10 pts is nothing).

gufc2000
16/02/2009, 10:02 AM
Its a joke, how can the FAI expect to be taken seriously if they give licences to teams who nearly went to the wall a few weeks ago

WoodquayBoy
16/02/2009, 10:16 AM
Have been told that Mervue have official confirmaiton their application for a First Division licence has been successful, so congrats to them.
Apparently, some clubs have 'conditions' attached to the licence, and are being given a week to meet these conditions, so fixture list this evening will have the unwelcome prefix of 'provisional'

Navandrog
16/02/2009, 10:18 AM
I would like to welcome the decision of the FAI Club Licensing Committee to grant Drogheda United a Premier Division Licence for the 2009 Season. The past few months have been very difficult for everyone associated with the Club, and this occasion should not go by without acknowledging the help we have received in getting to this stage.

In the bleak months of November and December, quite a number of cards were stacked against but the leadership and commitment shown by Vincent Hoey helped to pull us all together and ensure our survival. From the moment we entered examinership until Friday last when we submitted our final Licensing document, Vincent was there working tirelessly, and I�m not sure how we can thank him for his wonderful work.

I would like to thank all those who contributed to our fund-raising campaign which ensured that we were able to get out of examinership. This campaign was a great example of everyone working together for what the general public of the Drogheda area saw as something worth saving. I would like to say a special thanks to our Supporters Club for their help in coordinating all the various fund-raising efforts and ask you to help in any way you can in the future.

Without the help from last year�s players in coming to a settlement on outstanding wages, we would not have been able to achieve the balance between reduction of our debt and funds raised. Over the least few years these players have been magnificent and took us on a magic carpet ride to success, and their representative Stephen McGuiness of the PFAI was always a competent and fair negotiator.

The Staff in United Park have been magnificent since November, working without pay and no little commitment to help us through this difficult period.

But we now have a new dawn for the Drogs and a chance to consolidate our position in Irish Football. The coming Season will not be easy, but the signs are very encouraging. We have signed one of the best managers in the country in Alan Mathews and judging by the intensity and commitment shown in training in Mosney over the last week, we will not be long in catching up in terms of preparation for the new season.

This Season we will have no one behind us backing the Club financially, and will be completely dependent on funds raised by ourselves to keep the Club going. So I would ask all our Supporters to buy their Season Tickets without delay and support all our fundraising efforts starting with the Duck Derby on the 28th. We will be announcing a couple of warm-up friendlies in the coming week to give our new team a chance to play together and to raise some much-needed funds for the Club.

Finally, I would like on Drogheda United�s behalf to thank the F.A.I. for their support during our difficult times and the Club Licensing Committee for their fair an even-handed operation of their own procedures. Club Licensing has been the best thing to happen in the League of Ireland for a long time and we as a club have always seen the process a positive and fair way for league Clubs to progress and prosper.

Jim MacArdle

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 10:19 AM
Drogheda have a premier licence. There is another thread on this.

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/single/id/1540

Roo69
16/02/2009, 10:19 AM
Bray Wanderers have recieved their Premier Division licence for 2009 - www.braywanderers.ie

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 10:20 AM
If its true Drogs got a licence then its a joke:mad:

Of course it's true. Why would the club post that statement on their site if it wasn't.. :confused:

srfc-1901
16/02/2009, 10:25 AM
we got one too (obviously)

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/index-home.php

Dodge
16/02/2009, 10:26 AM
Thread merged, I presume news will be comig all day, probably best to keep it to one thread

niallsparky
16/02/2009, 10:26 AM
We got ours: http://www.bohemians.ie/index.php/club-news/league-of-ireland-licence.htm

wexfordned
16/02/2009, 10:33 AM
If Drogs can get a licence then every club should get one. Exposes licencing for the sham it is. In Engald clubs who enter administration are punished the following season now as well (See Leeds last season. Also Bournmeouth & Luton this season)

Give them a licence by all means but impose a deduction of say 15 points this season as punishment.

Never thougt i'd say this but I feel sorry for Shels as they got relegated for their financial f**k ups but Drogs get a "get out of jail free card"

(Cue posts from irate drogs fans claiming their is no reason to deny them a licence).

pineapple stu
16/02/2009, 10:35 AM
In Engald clubs who enter administration are punished the following season now as well (See Leeds last season. Also Bournmeouth & Luton this season)
Only if they go into administration too late in the season to make a difference to promotion/relegation, or, in Cork and Drogheda's case, European qualification.

Agree it's nonsense though. Drogheda should have been denied a licence last year. And, arguably, Bohs denied a licence this year as they seem to be going the same route.

Smurf1
16/02/2009, 10:36 AM
If its true Drogs got a licence then its a joke:mad:.I WILL be writing a letter of complaint to the FAI.Galway Utd cut 6 players last July when they were in trouble to avoid sanctions but Drogs did nothing and got away with it(10 pts is nothing).

Doesn't matter a tap. Has absolutely nothing to do with licensing. If that were the case then drogs and cork would be heading down. Both clubs took the punishments that were given to them (No matter how tame) and came through a very difficult period. It would affect neither clubs claim for a license. Build a bridge....

Smurf1
16/02/2009, 10:38 AM
If Drogs can get a licence then every club should get one. Exposes licencing for the sham it is. In Engald clubs who enter administration are punished the following season now as well (See Leeds last season. Also Bournmeouth & Luton this season)

Give them a licence by all means but impose a deduction of say 15 points this season as punishment.

Never thougt i'd say this but I feel sorry for Shels as they got relegated for their financial f**k ups but Drogs get a "get out of jail free card"

(Cue posts from irate drogs fans claiming their is no reason to deny them a licence).

Well is there? Have Cork escaped your attention too?

gufct
16/02/2009, 10:40 AM
GUFC have a premier licence.

Silly Billy G
Any news on Cobh ?

pineapple stu
Or Cork?

Dodge
16/02/2009, 10:41 AM
or UCD?

pineapple stu
16/02/2009, 10:43 AM
Or anyone not on the list?

(I hope we're not in the same boat as Cork or Cobh!)

I've asked; we're applying for a Premier, don't see any particular problems getting it. The club often aren't very good at putting that info out.

Dodge
16/02/2009, 10:44 AM
Would be pretty funny if Dundalk aren't granted one, when Drogheda are...

(No word from pats yet btw)

harps1954
16/02/2009, 10:49 AM
Apart from Mervue, it seems it's only a few of the Premier Division teams that have been informed as of yet. Seems the info is been either emailed or telephoned to each club. Certainly not by post today, as the decisions were only finalised yesterday at a meeting in Dublin.

The big ones at this stage are the decisions to Harps, Cobh, Cork and Kildare. If Cork get a Premier licence (which I have no doubt they will), it means Harps are in the First (which I have no doubt we will be - and deserve to be after last seasons shambles on the pitch). It's then just the Cobh/Kildare situation to get sorted. One will be in the First, the other in the 'A' League. I think the clubs other than the four who I named above know for certain what Division they are in, regardless of whether or not they have yet been informed.

LeixlipRed
16/02/2009, 10:56 AM
We got one too.

Dodge
16/02/2009, 10:57 AM
Pats premier license confirmed

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 10:59 AM
Our website is down at the moment so confirmation on Dundalk's licence may take a bit.

pineapple stu
16/02/2009, 10:59 AM
So Premier Licences at this stage for -

Bohs
Bray
Drogheda
Galway
Pat's
Rovers
Shels (Premier?)

No word from -
Cork
Derry
Sligo
Dundalk

And the rest of the First Division.

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 11:01 AM
Shelbourne got a premier licence alright.

Jersey Cow
16/02/2009, 11:05 AM
Does that mean Shels will be plying their trade in the top tier next season???

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 11:07 AM

No. More than 10 clubs can get a premier licence.

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 11:08 AM
Would be pretty funny if Dundalk aren't granted one, when Drogheda are...

(No word from pats yet btw)

What would really be funny is if Cork don't get one and Paul Doolin has just left Premier Division Drogheda to join First Division Cork.. ;)

thischarmingman
16/02/2009, 11:09 AM
a magic carpet ride to success

I can think of few better ways to describe the Drogheda story of the last few years- unrealistic, ungrounded, quick-fix, and taking place in a fantasy land where boring concepts such as budgets, spending limits and financial stability don't have to come along and ruin the dream.

HarpoJoyce
16/02/2009, 11:10 AM
So Premier Licences at this stage for -

Bohs
Bray
Drogheda
Galway
Pat's
Rovers
Shels (Premier?)

No word from -
Cork
Derry
Sligo
Dundalk

And the rest of the First Division.

If you are taking your information purely from this thread. (Which wouldn't suprise me.)
Mervue Unitted FC were mentioned previously.

Have been told that Mervue have official confirmaiton their application for a First Division licence has been successful, so congrats to them.
Apparently, some clubs have 'conditions' attached to the licence, and are being given a week to meet these conditions, so fixture list this evening will have the unwelcome prefix of 'provisional'

micls
What would really be funny is if Cork don't get one and Paul Doolin has just left Premier Division Drogheda to join First Division Cork.. ;)

Ah well, better luck next time ;)

Posted on our forum that it has been confirmed

harps1954
I've said it earlier, we will know the make-up of the two Divisions once the two Cork clubs know their fate. If both get licences, the Divisions will be made up by how the on-the-field issues were sorted last season. If one (or both) fail to get the licence they were looking for, a wee bit of rejigging will have to be done.

Mr A
Cork have one according to their forum.

longfordjames
16/02/2009, 11:11 AM
Athlone and Cobh?

pineapple stu
16/02/2009, 11:12 AM
First Division clubs are encouraged to apply for Premier Division licences. Doesn't mean they will be in the Premier (though it does mean they can be in the Premier if a gap opens up).

Edit - Limerick confirmed on their forum.

Lim till i die
16/02/2009, 11:14 AM
Limerick FC get a First Division licence. :ball:

Mr A
16/02/2009, 11:16 AM
So every club so far came in under the 65% rule? Seems very hard to believe.

holidaysong
16/02/2009, 11:16 AM
Ah well, better luck next time ;)

Posted on our forum that it has been confirmed

I'm glad Cork got one. Doolin is still a tool though. :)

ndrog
16/02/2009, 11:19 AM
I can think of few better ways to describe the Drogheda story of the last few years- unrealistic, ungrounded, quick-fix, and taking place in a fantasy land where boring concepts such as budgets, spending limits and financial stability don't have to come along and ruin the dream.

Boo hoo . Delighted we got our licence .All our great supporters that busted there arses fundraising to save the club get what we deserve . Gonna be a struggle to stay in prem but we will have a good time trying .And give it a rest about how horrible bad drogheda have got away with it blah blah blah , its over and done with .Blame the people who run football in the country for the lack of punnishment and not ordinary decent supporters like us who tried our best to save our club and suceeded .WELL DONE TO ALL DROGS SUPPORT :D