PDA

View Full Version : Derry City 1 - Bohemians 0

Quack
25/11/2003, 9:05 PM
So this is it - even victory against Longford may not be enough.

(unless the mighty aertel have cocked up again)

UCD_4_Life
25/11/2003, 9:55 PM
Bástards. Utter, utter bástards. Both of them. And $h€l$. And Drogheda.

Will make Sunday one of the most tense final days (well, hopefully for Derry) in years.

brandy86
26/11/2003, 12:04 AM
As far as i know lads the Waterford v. Derry City game is to be live on tv3 on Sunday!

John83
26/11/2003, 10:34 AM
Yeah, Johnny Lyons said that on the radio this morning. Unfortunately it clashes with Chelski versus Man Utd on SKY, so it won't get the audience it deserves, but I might be able to catch the end of it. I would have to be away on the weekend of the last day. :rolleyes:

Aberdonian Stu
26/11/2003, 11:49 AM
Interesting to see what the regional breakdown on the audience figures are, could be interesting to see how many people in the South East tune in...oh wait they don't publish those they only publish national ones, typical!!!

pineapple stu
26/11/2003, 12:31 PM
Can we blame Doolo for this? Yes, I think we can! There's no way Derry would have won had not Drogheda beaten Bohs on Friday and won Shels the league. Well feck him anyway.:( :(

I can see us beating Longford (we've scored 12 goals in seven games against culchie teams since Pete Mahon took over, with only Longford beating us); I can see Waterford beating Derry (Waterford will want to finish as high as possible and stick it up all the doubters at the beginning of the season) - but does that mean it will happen??? Oh to be knocked into a coma and wake up on Monday morning!

UCD_4_Life
26/11/2003, 3:38 PM
I'll get someone with a mobile and credit to watch the Derry game on tele then so.

lefty
26/11/2003, 4:03 PM
I think we will beat Longford on Sunday I really cant see us not beating them given our current run of form. Its going to be one hell of a day, I hope the game lives up to its expectations. Im expecting a sell out crowd in Belfield!

As for Derry I hope Waterford put it up to them, but since Waterford are such a bogey team I dont know what to expect from this match. Waterford could hammer Derry but then again Derry could overcome Waterford aswell.

Oh the tension, Pineapple Stu I hear u talking about comas I know Ill be in one of them on Monday morning win, lose or draw :D

So onwards and upwards then and I hope were not made to rue all those matches that we nearly had in the bag and that match against Pats last week that we could have won.

UCD_4_Life
26/11/2003, 4:16 PM
If I'm honest, deep down, part of me wants us to go down.

Another season of scratching and clawing to survive is not something that I fancy, quite frankly. I'd like us to be the big fish in the small pond, if only for a year. Know what I mean?

It's not as if I'm praying that we go down, I'm just saying that part of me would like to see U.C.D. maybe win the Division next year. Perhaps I'll feel differently when we stay up/go down but at the moment...

UCD_4_Life
26/11/2003, 4:18 PM
Oh and I'm fully onboard the "blame Doolo" bandwagon.

Aberdonian Stu
26/11/2003, 4:24 PM
Right this is a message largely directed at one poster but just to conceal his identity I'll refer to him as p stu, not that's too obvious lets call him pineapple s: STOP JINXING US, DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!!!

As for the weekend I fear Birnham Wood will come to Dunsinane, for those of you who don't know Macbeth (or on the off chance I've worded it wrong) that means I feel that we will go down. I doubt we'll even beat Longford while I reckon Derry will beat Waterford.

Quack
26/11/2003, 10:58 PM
if I was the second placed team in division one I'd much rather face Derry than us in a playoff, given recent form.

lefty
27/11/2003, 1:23 PM
Jesus have a little bit of faith for f*ck sake. I think well stay up Pete Mahon has done great since hes come in and what better way to finish off than by keeping us up.

And why would you want UCD to go down. I cant understand the big fish in the pond theory, sure if thats the case why not take us out of the league altogether. Im sure we would win all of our matches in the Leinster Senior League.

I hope everyone will come to their senses and be hoping the team win on Sunday because dont underestimate the effect we could have on the team if we are full of singing and support on Sunday

Schumi
27/11/2003, 1:38 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Another season of scratching and clawing to survive is not something that I fancy, quite frankly. I'd like us to be the big fish in the small pond, if only for a year. Know what I mean? I can understand this to some extent but remember the year we beat Athlone in the play-offs? Harps did something similar to what we've done this season. They were miles behind with about 10 games to go and went on a great run of form and very nearly caught us at the end. I'm sure they thought that they'd walk the first division the next year but they're still there. The first division won't be easy if we do go down.

lefty
27/11/2003, 2:59 PM
In my opinion its easier to survive in the Premier than get promoted from the 1st Division. So lets hope to f*ck we stay up