PDA

View Full Version : Getting a bit late in the evening

Tis-smeee
15/02/2009, 9:46 PM
and still no word on the licenses , are they still announced today?

Battery Rover
15/02/2009, 9:52 PM
No Monday morning due to 25 license applications be heard.

A few might not be that straight forward

Kildareman
15/02/2009, 9:58 PM
25?

Any idea who they are?

There is the 22 from last year plus Mervue this year but who are the extra 2 applications?

Sam_Heggy
15/02/2009, 10:02 PM
Word is that Cork might not have got a Prem licence. Any truth in this? Cork fans wish to shed some light (whether its true or not)?

Otherwise id say all 10 Prem sides will be "as you are".

I wouldn't rule out Kildare being in the dirst division yet though.

Battery Rover
15/02/2009, 10:03 PM
Tullamore and Salthill Devon I would say as A championship licenses will be looked at as well possibly

Longfordian
15/02/2009, 10:05 PM
What about the likes of Portlaoise, Castlebar, Tralee etc? Is there a different hearing for new applicants for the A League?.

Kildareman
15/02/2009, 10:07 PM
Imagine the fun in Galway if Salthill got into the First Division in place or Cobh??? They still haven't got over Mervue yet.

Really cant see Cork being refused a license especially with the expected relegation of Cobh to the A Championship.

Battery Rover
15/02/2009, 10:08 PM
What about the likes of Portlaoise, Castlebar, Tralee etc? Is there a different hearing for new applicants for the A League?.

I haven't a clue on that one

Frank76
15/02/2009, 11:50 PM
Just after chatting to a man 'in the know' with us that we'll be playing in the A League this season. Settlements with former players are apparently no where near completed so we won't be getting a licence for the First Division.

Battery Rover
16/02/2009, 12:08 AM
Just after chatting to a man 'in the know' with us that

What is a man in the know? I am sure the licensing officer would be aware of a decision first.

dannydundalk
16/02/2009, 12:17 AM
we'll know tomorrow lads

maroon ultra
16/02/2009, 2:25 AM
Imagine the fun in Galway if Salthill got into the First Division in place or Cobh??? They still haven't got over Mervue yet.

Really cant see Cork being refused a license especially with the expected relegation of Cobh to the A Championship.

How have we not 'got over Mervue yet' ?

atfconline
16/02/2009, 12:39 PM
Just after chatting to a man 'in the know' with us that we'll be playing in the A League this season. Settlements with former players are apparently no where near completed so we won't be getting a licence for the First Division.

Top quality source! :cool:

Frank76
16/02/2009, 1:38 PM
Lads did you not read what I said???? Fair enough we've been given a licence on the provision we sort out the dispute with former players!!!! If you read over it again I said thats a long way from happening. So don't be celebrating just yet. And I was told by a committee member ML last night.

atfconline
16/02/2009, 1:53 PM
Well I wouldn't be putting much stock into anything he has to say. :rolleyes:

Wasn't seen around the Club for six months before he showed up at the AGM to get re-elected a few weeks ago.

The only condition on the Club is to pay the players within the dates agreed by all parties.

Frank76
16/02/2009, 2:27 PM
Well I wouldn't be putting much stock into anything he has to say. :rolleyes:

Wasn't seen around the Club for six months before he showed up at the AGM to get re-elected a few weeks ago.

The only condition on the Club is to pay the players within the dates agreed by all parties.

Well I do hope you're right!!! I've been away for a while and have been out of the loop for a bit. Bumped into him last night and he was telling me this. Always thought of him as a bit of a BS'er so hopefully he'll not prove me wrong. If he does it will be a sad day for all ATFC fans. Hopefully it will be sorted.

atfconline
16/02/2009, 2:37 PM
Just out of interest, where did you bump into him? Because he's not even in town at the minute, so I'm curious.