PDA

View Full Version : Season Ahead

dublinwanderer
15/02/2009, 3:51 PM
So now that we have made most of our signings, maybe one or two more to come though, what is everyones opinions on how the season will go?
Will we struggle, over achieve, comfortable mid table???? What about the cup?

I think we will struggle but survive! Drogheda and Galway will also struggle with us, maybe Dundalk (even with their signings) and you will always have a surprise down there too...

I'd predict a 8th place finish, just outside playoffs, and quater final in both cups!

Dunny
15/02/2009, 3:55 PM
8th place is in the play-off's..

dublinwanderer
15/02/2009, 3:58 PM
No its not...

10th = Relegated
9th = PlayOff
8th Safe

Play off as far as i know is between, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in 1st Division and 9th in Premier Division.

Dunny
15/02/2009, 4:00 PM
AFAIK it's 8th v 9th and 2nd v 3rd. Winners to play eachother then.

dublinwanderer
15/02/2009, 4:11 PM
dont think so, but aint 100% now...

naoise kennedy
19/02/2009, 9:41 PM
After watching two friendlies i thing we are stronger starting this season than last year. We have doyle, dunne, mulcahy, robson, kavanagh, and fernando in midfield, out of what i have seen doyle, dunne, mulcahy and fernando these players look very good. Up front byrne also looks good and hopefully we can keep forsyth who looks very strong.. Tonight foran had a great game, here too we also have deans, brennnan, pender and massey, not to mention the under 20's players that came on tonight.. I'm not saying we are going to win the league but i don't think we are going to struggle...

gufc2000
19/02/2009, 10:47 PM
dont think so, but aint 100% now...
Dunny is right, this was confirmed on the LOI website when the fixtures were released. Its a bit crazy though, your assumption would be far better as at least it gives more Div. 1 sides something to play for

Hulsey
20/02/2009, 9:17 AM
After seeing the 2 friendlies I'm more optimistic than I was before them if you look at the players we've lost none are going to be insurmountable losses by the looks of things.
Last season the best team we could put out was probably:
Gough
Pender
Kenny/Foran
Doherty/Tresson
Cronin
Kavanagh
Duggan/Robson
Cawley
Coughlan
Rowe/Kelly
Myler/Mulroy

Does this seasons side look any worse? Probably gonna be:
Skippy
Pender/Brennan
Deans
Brennan/Foran
Pender/Knight
Kavanagh
Mulcahy/Tresson
Robson/Doyle
Coughlan/Fernando
Byrne
Forsyth/Mulroy/Kelly

And with the likes of Webster,Shields,Dunne and the other u20's lads we may not have a bad season at all. What do ya's reckon? Imo finishing 6th or 7th isnt an unrealistic goal

BrayUnknowns
20/02/2009, 12:52 PM
After seeing the 2 friendlies I'm more optimistic than I was before them if you look at the players we've lost none are going to be insurmountable losses by the looks of things.
Last season the best team we could put out was probably:
Gough
Pender
Kenny/Foran
Doherty/Tresson
Cronin
Kavanagh
Duggan/Robson
Cawley
Coughlan
Rowe/Kelly
Myler/Mulroy

Does this seasons side look any worse? Probably gonna be:
Skippy
Pender/Brennan
Deans
Brennan/Foran
Pender/Knight
Kavanagh
Mulcahy/Tresson
Robson/Doyle
Coughlan/Fernando
Byrne
Forsyth/Mulroy/Kelly

And with the likes of Webster,Shields,Dunne and the other u20's lads we may not have a bad season at all. What do ya's reckon? Imo finishing 6th or 7th isnt an unrealistic goal

I think your spot on being honest. There's a very nice blend of experience and really talented youth in the squad. 6th or 7th should not be out of reach for that group of players.

naoise kennedy
21/02/2009, 11:46 PM
Does any one know if we have managed to sign up fernando and forysth..

Roo69
23/02/2009, 2:03 PM
Could anyone tell me if we have a promotion officer this year or not?

If yes does anyone have contact details for him?

Aidan O'Toole Junior is the new CPO. aidan@braywanderers.ie or phone the club office