PDA

View Full Version : 2 euro!

SRFCbrothelutd
12/02/2009, 11:50 AM
Alan, just wondering how many we have currently signed up? Also i think this should be an ongoing fulltime fundraiser all the time every season as the more people signed up obviosly the more money for the club. Once people are signed up they'll never leave it, also should be done inconjunction with all supporters clubs of rovers each Junior soccer club should afford 2e per week. This is a brilliant fundraiser and should be the backbone of the clubs finances. Well done again Alan on all your hard work....

Guts&Glory
12/02/2009, 12:24 PM
Alan, just wondering how many we have currently signed up? Also i think this should be an ongoing fulltime fundraiser all the time every season as the more people signed up obviosly the more money for the club. Once people are signed up they'll never leave it, also should be done inconjunction with all supporters clubs of rovers each Junior soccer club should afford 2e per week. This is a brilliant fundraiser and should be the backbone of the clubs finances. Well done again Alan on all your hard work....

For those who have (or will) sign up it is an ongoing donation (during season during off season covering all 365 days) that will only cease when the contributor asks there bank to remove the direct debit they were donating to the Trust account.

kkontour
12/02/2009, 12:48 PM
For those who have (or will) sign up it is an ongoing donation (during season during off season covering all 365 days) that will only cease when the contributor asks there bank to remove the direct debit they were donating to the Trust account.
Just to clarify, or be a bit pedantic, its a standing order.
Direct Debit has a negative connotations for some people
K;)

Guts&Glory
12/02/2009, 5:01 PM
Just to clarify, or be a bit pedantic, its a standing order.
Direct Debit has a negative connotations for some people
K;)

Your right Pedantic Pat ....I mean kkontour :D on the technicality but the end result is it is a monthly monetary amount out of your account and into the trust account - my apologies to all for any confusion.

dong
16/02/2009, 1:25 PM
Any update on the numbers on this lads?

akearins
16/02/2009, 3:19 PM
will get a figure tomorrow.But still not close to what we wanted so keep pushing this as it can raise a lot for the club

akearins
17/02/2009, 4:42 PM
Ok lads so far we have 61 signed up via Bank Of Scotland(with 6 more to add) and 24 via PayPal . So in total 84 signed up.

This is running since Nov 25th so we have averaged roughly 28 a month, way short of the 1000 we are aiming at.

In my opinion pretty poor return for all effort put in, as I said before we the supporters can play a more active part in the club.

Disappointing to hear people say they have signed up WHEN THEY HAVE NOT, as we can see all who have sigend up through standing order and paypal.

To those who have thanks you very much for your support.
We really need to keep pushing this if we are to succeed.

Initial suggestions have been passed to the Trust how these funds may be sued to assist the club, however we will be seeking subscribers thoughts and approvals before we agree on anything.

dong
17/02/2009, 9:46 PM
Not great in fairness. It's a pity that the public wouldn't get behind this.
I'm not trying to sound like a martyr, I do f**k all for the club bar getting to as many games as I can but I signed on the dole last week and had my first two euros go via standing order on the day after. At the risk of repeating what others have said, it's ONLY TWO EUROS!! I had my misgivings when it was mooted first as I just thought people were being almost constantly asked for cash but you couldn't possibly miss such a miserable amount and it could provide a steady, if small, income for the club.
Must be very disappointing for the boys who put up posters etc but the reality seems to be that the interest just isn't there.

red arrow
18/02/2009, 6:30 PM
with regard to those who promised to sign up but did not look at how badly yee are letting the club down. making promises and not keeping to them shame on yee. once again this is a great way of raising funds and nobody would miss the money. i think alan you should give them another chance and if they do not come through well i'm vexed but i wont lower my self to say it

SRFCbrothelutd
19/02/2009, 2:05 PM
Ive signed up lads, would luv to help but up to my eyes with another sport. Sorry. Alan any chance of a point of sale/stand/sign just inside the main gate where people could be approached on there entry to games etc to sign up. Again i beleive this is a great fundraiser for 2e a week x 1000 supporters = magic! C-mon everbody... lets back this!
MOTTO " Help safeguard the future of Sligo Rovers FC for 2e per week"

akearins
20/02/2009, 7:48 AM
Will look inot getting a slot insiode the ground maybe for the Cork match for to distribute or collect €2 a week forms or donations.

One sugegstion from the club to help out through the season is to donate €1000 per month starting on March 1st.

This is well within our grasp BUT WE NEED MORE MEMBERS.
At prsenet we would require another 35 to join, but to really make an impact we still need to get numbers up to at least 500 or so.

I kow I am talking to teh convereted here but we need you to push it on friends, family wok etc.

It up to us so lets keep pushing it.

Cheers