PDA

View Full Version : Justice for Ramblers!

rambler14
11/02/2009, 5:54 PM
Cobh Ramblers went to the FAI for help with their current financial struggles but the FAI said they couldn't help as it wouldn't be fair to the other teams in the league.
Drogheda United were also in trouble and also went to the FAI for help and since asking the FAI have bent over backwards to help them. Forking out hundreds of thousands in the process.
Ramblers are now clinging on for dear life and are on the vege of going out of existence where as Drogheda....are now in the process of expanding their current stadium!
As a governing body the FAI has a duty to be even-handed and not to be seen to give aid the one club, yet not supporting other clubs are perhaps more deserving and that didn't have the advantage of going into examinership.
When can the other clubs expect to receive their money equal to the amount that the FAI are pumping into the black-hole that is Drogheda United?

I encourage everyone to sign this petition to show the FAI that we the League of Ireland fans believe in fairness and equality and that the help being shown to Drogheda is too much and that other clubs can be saved with the money from the unecessary additions to Drogheda.
SAVE COBH RAMBLERS!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/cobhramblers/

MainManRam
11/02/2009, 6:23 PM
Cobh Ramblers went to the FAI for help with their current financial struggles but the FAI said they couldn't help as it wouldn't be fair to the other teams in the league.
Drogheda United were also in trouble and also went to the FAI for help and since asking the FAI have bent over backwards to help them. Forking out hundreds of thousands in the process.
Ramblers are now clinging on for dear life and are on the vege of going out of existence where as Drogheda....are now in the process of expanding their current stadium!
As a governing body the FAI has a duty to be even-handed and not to be seen to give aid the one club, yet not supporting other clubs are perhaps more deserving and that didn't have the advantage of going into examinership.
When can the other clubs expect to receive their money equal to the amount that the FAI are pumping into the black-hole that is Drogheda United?

I encourage everyone to sign this petition to show the FAI that we the League of Ireland fans believe in fairness and equality and that the help being shown to Drogheda is too much and that other clubs can be saved with the money from the unecessary additions to Drogheda.
SAVE COBH RAMBLERS!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/cobhramblers/

Excuse my ignorance but where is the proof of these large amounts of money that The Dogs have been recieving. I was under the impression that a lot of good fundraisng and get this "fans uniting together to help the club" (imagine that eh.....) were the biggest part of the reason that the dogs were able to turn it around.

Just provide me with the info and i will sign anything;)

Guitd
11/02/2009, 9:53 PM
what has your fans shown to prove the want a club ye seem to be a club with alot of in fighting and splits ,,,,,,,,ur fans are un-united and have failed to get behind your club when in need and raise the funds that are required look at drogs fans --sligo fans ---rovers fans and even galway fans when their club need them they united in force lets see that from cobh then ye can moan about other clubs when ye have proven that there is strength in numbers---where are all the fans that wer in athlone:confused:

luka
11/02/2009, 9:58 PM
what has your fans shown to prove the want a club ye seem to be a club with alot of in fighting and splits ,,,,,,,,ur fans are un-united and have failed to get behind your club when in need and raise the funds that are required look at drogs fans --sligo fans ---rovers fans and even galway fans when their club need them they united in force lets see that from cobh then ye can moan about other clubs when ye have proven that there is strength in numbers---where are all the fans that wer in athlone:confused:

I don't disagree with what you say, however, you'd need to be a Ramblers Member/Supporter to even begin to understand what it's all about at our Club. I get lost myself at times believe me.

Guitd
11/02/2009, 10:07 PM
I don't disagree with what you say, however, you'd need to be a Ramblers Member/Supporter to even begin to understand what it's all about at our Club. I get lost myself at times believe me.

ok fair enough i know club politics can lead to splits/disagreements but at the end of the day your club comes first ,people need to swallow some pride/bite their tongue /get on with it save your club from going down the tubes a strong and united cobh is good for the league and football in the south
time is running out fast!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

SMorgan
11/02/2009, 10:10 PM
Excuse my ignorance but where is the proof of these large amounts of money that The Dogs have been recieving.

The proofs is in a story in the Drogheda Independent which reports that the FAI are to seek planning permission to put 1400 seats in United Park to allow the club get a premier licence. How is the FAI helping your club?

luka
11/02/2009, 11:15 PM
Click the link for the story
http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/s...?service=Print

passerrby
12/02/2009, 3:19 PM
regardless of what happens in united park john delaney has infulanced the licensing people by claiming that they will not have any problems with seating capcity and also that they were under the 65% so i think he is in his own way telling them people to issue drogs with a prem license and while i dont think he should have bailed out the rams it stinks to high heaven and is a terrible kick in the teeth for youse.
I am convinved the only option now is for you to go into examinership, regroup and force the issue

Cici900
12/02/2009, 3:38 PM
they said they wouldnt help us if it influenced licencing! How can they be helped? This is a shambles! Yes he should'nt help us but now he's turned the tables on himself. He's helped one...now help them all! If Ramblers go because of this......there will have to be action as this unfair on not just us but EVERY club that is in trouble.

MainManRam
12/02/2009, 8:38 PM
The proofs is in a story in the Drogheda Independent which reports that the FAI are to seek planning permission to put 1400 seats in United Park to allow the club get a premier licence. How is the FAI helping your club?

Well sorry we dont get too many copies of the Drogheda Ind. down this way:D- and I was just looking for an explanation before I put my name to sumtin.

And in answer to your question- If there doing anything, then inadvertantly they are gettin us to try to help ourselves.

don ramo
12/02/2009, 9:44 PM
there very cute with how there doing it, the FAI own united park so they are upgrading there ground, which they lease to drogs,

i dunno when they purchased the ground but AFAIK they own it,

whatevet happens next week lads we have to band together, and if a few dont wanna follow, well just leave them behind, no point dragging deadwood

even if your not gonna get involved in organising events, just make sure to support them, and encourage others to do so, only a few are needed to organise an event, but a lot are needed to support it