PDA

View Full Version : The way it stands now

Counting Crow
24/11/2003, 9:23 PM
OK, time to start sweating.

With both Pats and Longford winning tonight we have to wait until Thursday night for the next round in this saga.

Pats vs Longford from Richmond Park will be crucial.
As I think Bohs will fold on Sunday - they have completely fallen apart over the past few weeks - it all depends on the result of the game in 3 days time.

A draw between them means Pats would have to beat Bohs by 5 goals or more or we would have to loose by more than 2 goals or more bridging a 5 goal gap between us - e.g. 3-0 to Pats 2-0 to Drogs, or 4-0 to Pats 1-0 to Drogs etc.
As they have scored more goals than us they would then go through on "goals scored".

A win for Pats Thursday means we MUST beat Drogs - nerve racking!!!!!

A win for Longford and we are through no matter what else happens as they are already through via the FAI Cup.

Crazy game @ Tolka tonight - 5-3 to Pats means they have cut our goal difference to +5 ( hope we won't regret those 3 goals in Waterford ).
I suppose we should be thankful to Rovers for getting 3 ( did I ever think I would say such a thing )?

Neil
24/11/2003, 9:26 PM
Cheers CC! You take a lot of the thinking out of it!

So it's C'mon Longford on Thursday I suppose!

thecorner
24/11/2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow

A draw between them means Pats would have to beat Bohs by 5 goals or more or we would have to loose by more than 2 goals or more bridging a 5 goal gap between us - e.g. 3-0 to Pats 2-0 to Drogs, or 4-0 to Pats 1-0 to Drogs etc.
As they have scored more goals than us they would then go through on "goals scored"

r u sure goal difference or goals scored will come into it

usually the f.a.i use the play off system if teams are level on points

Pablo
25/11/2003, 12:46 PM
that was changed after we won the league in '93

goal difference counts and ours is good

niamh
25/11/2003, 12:50 PM
Not complicated in the slightest!

pete
25/11/2003, 1:38 PM
Congrads on making simple matter complicated. :eek:

With 5 the differenc between us & Pats in goal difference really means Pats have to win both remaining games. If we beat Drogs matters little whats Pats do.

Shed End John
25/11/2003, 4:58 PM
OK, time to start sweating.
A win for Pats Thursday means we MUST beat Drogs - nerve racking!!!!!

Hardly. Drogheda have absolutely zero to play for as their 2-0 win over Bohs means they can't even get caught for the playoff spot. If City don't win on Sunday and make certain of things from their end, they should all be lined up against a wall and shot. Not that, IMO, any such extreme measures will be called for. I reckon that come 5:10 or so on Sunday that we will be celebrating the return of European football to the Cross after an unbearably long absence.

jofyisgod
25/11/2003, 5:31 PM
C'mon Longford!
I don't fancy a last day nailbiter...:rolleyes:

joe
25/11/2003, 5:49 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Drogheda have absolutely zero to play for

except their contracts for next season that is:eek:

Counting Crow
25/11/2003, 8:48 PM
That is exactly the point Shed End John.

They have no pressure now so they could go out and play 4-2-4 and it wouldn't matter a damm.

I reckon it is going to be a tough game. They are a strong, physical team and have a really good striker in Myler.

Plus Bohs are absolutely crap at the moment so don't expect any favours from them on Sunday.

Pray for a draw or Longford win on Thursday...............:(

ger121
26/11/2003, 12:49 AM
That is exactly the point Shed End John.

They have no pressure now so they could go out and play 4-2-4 and it wouldn't matter a damm.

I reckon it is going to be a tough game. They are a strong, physical team and have a really good striker in Myler.

Plus Bohs are absolutely crap at the moment so don't expect any favours from them on Sunday.

Pray for a draw or Longford win on Thursday...............:(

After tonights woeful performance against Derry we will want to finish the season on a positive note at Dalymount. So don't expect us to roll over. Can't see Pats winning at Dalymount to be honest, their form has been poor of late too. We don't like to lose to Pat's!!!

Danny
26/11/2003, 8:19 AM
We don't like to lose to Pat's!!!

you might not like it but it seems to happen very often....
3 times this season already, tut tut tut, not really like the "bigClub" is it.....

Cmon saints (& drogs...)

Fair_play_boy
13/11/2004, 6:27 PM
that was changed after we won the league in '93

goal difference counts and ours is goodCan anybody confirm this? The good old FAI don't have their league rules posted on their site, so I am not sure about how CCFC stands if we win and Shels lose next Friday. Do we have to score 6 goals more than Shels next Friday in order to win the league?

GavinZac
15/11/2004, 10:12 AM
Can anybody confirm this? The good old FAI don't have their league rules posted on their site, so I am not sure about how CCFC stands if we win and Shels lose next Friday. Do we have to score 6 goals more than Shels next Friday in order to win the league?

what are you on, the goal difference is the same.

shedite
15/11/2004, 10:43 AM
This post started over a year ago. Don't know why it was dug up really.

GavinZac
15/11/2004, 11:27 AM
This post started over a year ago. Don't know why it was dug up really.

FPB typed "goal difference league win" into the search form :)