PDA

View Full Version : rovers 3 pats 5

thecorner
24/11/2003, 8:46 PM
looks like pats arent giving up without a fight

probably go to the last game of the season when they avenge longford for the cup final defeat

we will have to beat drogs

pats also beat shels so they r stil involved also
nice one they won the cup

longford vs pats should be interesting

Neil
24/11/2003, 8:48 PM
now that they are both still in with a shout they coukd cancel eachother out on Thursday night, and a draw would be perfect for us!

Dodge
25/11/2003, 9:01 AM
Longford in with a shout for what?

There's not much difference between 3rd and 5th when you already have the UEFA Cup spot sown up...

I wouldn't worry about us lads. We're not playing well enough to beat Longford and Bo

Gary
25/11/2003, 9:53 AM
Even though i feel the inter toto spot will be tied up by sunday, i still reckon that if we dont beat Drogs we wont really deserve it.

As for what Dodge said, well, like this Dodge, Longford will want ti finish as high up as possible, for the pride and "prize money" of it. I fancy them to take a draw at least against u on thursday.

fonzi
25/11/2003, 10:29 AM
i agree gary.
if we dont beet drogs, then we would have every right not to go into europe!

Gary
25/11/2003, 11:30 AM
That said though, the table never lies, and everyone is in the position they are in, because they deserve it, even Shels!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Neil
25/11/2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Longford in with a shout for what?

There's not much difference between 3rd and 5th when you already have the UEFA Cup spot sown up...

Oh yeah! I keep forgeting they have the UEFA already.

Colm
25/11/2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Gary
everyone is in the position they are in, because they deserve it, even Shels!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Stop it!;)

Dr.Nightdub
26/11/2003, 12:01 AM
I said in the pub before last night's match I didn't fancy us to beat Rovers. Then we went out and played like a team without a care in the world - and in the process, scored five for the first time in years.

So it all hinges on Longford - if we beat them on Thursday, then youse may have to win to be sure. A small question of revenge for the Cup Final to be extracted? And if Derry can beat Bohs, there's no reason why we can't, especially considering we're their bogey team.

Apart from Derry the other week, your last home win was at the end of August - coincidentally, 4-0 against Drogheda who may just feel they have a point to prove as a result.

Sunday could be fun! :D

tiktok
26/11/2003, 11:22 AM
at least it'll make the last game stressful!!!!
i fancy Pat's thursday if they play the way they did against Rovers.
i hope we're up for it against Drogs on sunday.

razor
26/11/2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
And if Derry can beat Bohs, there's no reason why we can't, especially considering we're their bogey team.

This could all depend on whether you guys are able to field a full strength side. :D

Its in our own hands, If we can't beat Drogs then we do not deserve it. End of story.

Neil
26/11/2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by razor
If we can't beat Drogs then we do not deserve it. End of story.
?????????????

THis is the same Drogs team that beat Bohs last Friday and are not a bad team at all. The two up front for them are class.

IMO There are no walkovers in the Prem Div anymore.

Gary
26/11/2003, 12:32 PM
I think what he means is that if we cant raise our game for that game Vs Drogs, we may as well pack it in. Yoyu would have said the exact same thing last season under Gunther, before you became a Dolan lickarse (:p ).

Anyway, besides everything else, when last did Drogs even get so much as a point at the Cross? I certainly cant remember them EVER getting anything?

Neil
26/11/2003, 12:41 PM
I think what he means is that if we cant raise our game for that game Vs Drogs, we may as well pack it in. Yoyu would have said the exact same thing last season under Gunther, before you became a Dolan lickarse (:p ).

We've been up for every game this season, it doesn't mean u win them all.

My point is that Drogs are a good team. Traditionally we'd beat them , Waterford, UCD, Longford etc. but not anymore. They've improved.

As for what its got to do with Gunther I dunno. OBSESSED?

:p :p :p

Gary
26/11/2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Neil

Traditionally we'd beat them , Waterford, UCD, Longford etc. but not anymore. They've improved.

And we havent is it??????????????

We are a worse team than before and teams like UCD, Drogs etc have improved more than us????????

get those blinkers off will ya, and shock horror, trya nd see both sides of the equation.

Neil
26/11/2003, 1:28 PM
teams like UCD, Drogs etc have improved more than us????????

In the last year yeah

Macy
26/11/2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
A small question of revenge for the Cup Final to be extracted?
You mean like the game a couple of weeks ago? Revenge or Déjà vu?

:D

niamh
26/11/2003, 1:38 PM
I don't any Paul Doolin side would just turn out. They might have secured themselves in the Premier for another year but they won't be coming down to the Cross to make up the numbers. They'll be aiming to finish as high as possible.

Dodge
26/11/2003, 1:54 PM
Originally posted by Macy
You mean like the game a couple of weeks ago? Revenge or Déjà vu?

:D
No, that was your revenge for the LC final... get up to date macy:rolleyes:

pete
26/11/2003, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by Neil
My point is that Drogs are a good team. Traditionally we'd beat them , Waterford, UCD, Longford etc. but not anymore. They've improved.

"Recent" record at the cross

Aug 22, 2003 Cork - Drogheda 4 - 0
Oct 20, 2002 Cork - Drogheda 1 - 0
Apr 16, 2000 Cork - Drogheda 3 - 1
Oct 24, 1999 Cork - Drogheda 3 - 0
Dec 14, 1997 Cork - Drogheda 1 - 1
Oct 27, 1995 Cork - Drogheda 1 - 2
Apr 19, 1996 Cork - Drogheda 2 - 0

So that be
1 Win
1 Draw
5 loses
4 Goals For
15 Goals Against

I don't see Drogs have improved at all at the cross.