PDA

View Full Version : Dundee in Adminstration

citylove
24/11/2003, 12:33 PM
I hear that Dundee of Scotland have gone into adminstration. I remember Drogheda picked up a few good players from Airdrie when they ran into trouble. I'm sure we could pick up a few good players......Maybe Ravanelli!!:D

fonzi
24/11/2003, 3:10 PM
im sure they would be worth looking at alright.

jofyisgod
24/11/2003, 5:27 PM
Definately. Shame about that though. I hate when clubs are threatened with closure by money-grabbing owners and bankers etc, who don't understand what it is to support a team.

thecorner
24/11/2003, 6:12 PM
better off to wait til leeds fold and get viduka over here

pete
25/11/2003, 9:28 AM
15-20m is an impressive debt for thr SPL.

:eek:

Peadar
25/11/2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
better off to wait til leeds fold and get viduka over here

I'd take Alan Smith over him any day.
Imagine the craic if he threw a bottle at the Rovers!

sadloserkid
25/11/2003, 11:27 AM
It's a pity to hear about Dundee as I thought they were making a real effort to try and get a bit closer to the Old Firm or at least establish themselves as 'The Third Force' of Scottish football in recent years with the signings of Caniggia, Ravanelli and the interest expressed in Davids. Clearly it was all built on sand though... a lesson for any club in there somewhere.

I bet they're smug in Tannadice though! :D

Estar
25/11/2003, 11:55 AM
Any club could do what Dundee done, but they would be foolish people. Soccer nowdays is run by money, if you haven't got it success will be hard to find, sad really. What simple mined people lent them 20 million?:D

Better off lending it to Kildare County. I'm sure we would have made Europe;)

jofyisgod
25/11/2003, 6:08 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
I'd take Alan Smith over him any day.
Imagine the craic if he threw a bottle at the Rovers!

:D If he played for a Dub team, i'm sure nothing would be done. Especially if Oily Byrne got hold of him... He'd have to change his name-

ALAN $MITH :)

ccfc till i die
26/11/2003, 7:56 PM
How about nicking some of rovers players, I hear a lot of them are out of contract come the end of the season.