PDA

View Full Version : Limerick game.

superblue
24/11/2003, 10:01 AM
will ye have many fans coming to Limerick on Sunday?

sniffa
24/11/2003, 10:31 AM
From the reactions in the clubhousen after the Mons game nobody will be travelling.They'd much prefer to stay in Kildare and watch the Chelsea/ M.U. game instead.

sniffa
24/11/2003, 10:32 AM
Good luck in the playoffs!

Estar
24/11/2003, 11:15 AM
Our away support has being bad all season, apart from the Dublin City, Bray, Kilkenny, Shelbourne and Athlone matches where we out sang the home support.

Will the supporters club save the day and run a free bus?

To be honest we would be lucky to get 50 to go to Limerick longer train, bus, car drive. Hope I'm wrong, I'll be their fingers crossed.

Countyman
24/11/2003, 1:31 PM
Originally posted by Estar

Will the supporters club save the day and run a free bus?

To be honest we would be lucky to get 50 to go to Limerick longer train, bus, car drive. Hope I'm wrong, I'll be their fingers crossed.

The last time the S.C. ran a free bus to bray there was only 15 people on it. €15 return to limerick beats anything iarnrod eireann or bus eireann would do.

The bus will be full this sunday and there is a healthy contingent travelling by car.

I would estimate between 50 to 100 in the Pike Field Sunday.

It will take time to build up a hardcore away support.
Any County fan worth their salt should be at this game . If they chose the premiership then they are only part time Eircom league supporters.

Countyman
24/11/2003, 1:42 PM
I just rang about the bus.

As things stand there will be 2 buses or a large coach travelling.
The S.C. have 40 names (and its only monday morning)

this is great news. The buses will be leaving at 10am from newbridge by the way.

There should easily be at least 100 there on Sunday now.

bring it on!!!!!!

Estar
24/11/2003, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by Countyman

As things stand there will be 2 buses or a large coach travelling.
The S.C. have 40 names (and its only monday morning)

There should easily be at least 100 there on Sunday now.

Excellent, I'm bringing three in my car.

Convinced one lad to go by saying Limerick just avoided re-election to the EL by 2 points last Feb with most of the squad they have now:D

I can see us piping Limerick 1-0:D

l.f.c......
25/11/2003, 1:10 PM
make no mistake lads limerick will score. And after clean sheets again galway and away to dundalk and banging in six goals in those two games kildare are very much up again it.

i think our strike force will be to strong for ye

and if stevo dont get ye derek mc will

2_0

Estar
25/11/2003, 1:31 PM
Kildare County are not going to Limerick to see the Shannon, but to score at least one goal. Our defence was looking very strong again on Saturday. Limerick strikers were very poor at station Road a few months ago. Limerick seemed to be good at set plays and center backs will have to be picked up.

IMO it's down to the tatics the managers play, Hannigan is a bit of a gambler IMO, expect alot of goals if their is an early goal. I can see Limerick going for 0-0 if their is 15mins left and rightly so.
What do Limerick play 4-4-2?

l.f.c......
26/11/2003, 4:28 PM
in to the shannon ye will be going after this beaten

Countyman
27/11/2003, 9:54 AM
Kildare County are not going to Limerick to see the Shannon,

nice one estar...LOL :D

joeSoap
27/11/2003, 4:00 PM
Excellent, I'm bringing three in my car.

Convinced one lad to go by saying Limerick just avoided re-election to the EL by 2 points last Feb with most of the squad they have now:D

I can see us piping Limerick 1-0:D
Not in last seasons squad, but likely to feature on Sunday:
John Healy; James Sugrue; Steven O'Mahoney; Brendan Sweeney; Derek McCarthy; Ross Cosgrave; Eoin Keating(hardly featured at all last season due to GAA commitments)

I'd say you mislead your travelling companion!!!:D

Fr. Joe
01/12/2003, 6:35 AM
Fair play to the County fans that travelled to Limerick yesterday for the game and helped to make up our biggest attendance for 4 years 1,892.What an equaliser also, best of luck next season lads.

Estar
05/12/2003, 10:20 PM
Great to see so many Limerick supporters turn out, soccer is still alive in Limerick, I enjoyed my over night stay in the Jurys Inn.

Marc Kenny for Ireland:D