PDA

View Full Version : Astro Pitch

Morgan 92
07/02/2009, 9:26 AM
Good signings by all accounts then. 'We'll' be pushing 'us' for third I'd say - depending on who ends up getting 1st Div. Licenses. ;)

RE: Attendances. I've been trying to convince the brother to bring the kids down of a Friday night but there's no interest, but maybe this coaching on the astro-turf business will do the job. Great idea. :)
Is that about the first team training on the astro turf pitches or something, i read about that on the website(monaghan United website)

passerrby
07/02/2009, 2:02 PM
I think it means the new full size astro pitch going in over the next few months

Morgan 92
07/02/2009, 5:48 PM
oh yeah know about that, its been planned for a year or 2 now.....

Magicme
07/02/2009, 8:27 PM
Is that about the first team training on the astro turf pitches or something, i read about that on the website(monaghan United website)

We are hoping to run coaching sessions for children aged between 5 and 11 during home matches so that the kids are kept entertained so the parents can watch the match.

passerrby
08/02/2009, 12:11 PM
We are hoping to run coaching sessions for children aged between 5 and 11 during home matches so that the kids are kept entertained so the parents can watch the match.

and whats going to keep us adults entertained may i ask

atfconline
08/02/2009, 12:41 PM
Why would you want the kids not to watch the match?

Surely having the coaching on before the game, and then giving them free entry to the match straight after would make more sense?

Magicme
08/02/2009, 6:42 PM
The idea is to let them watch some of it, take them away and coach them and bring them back for the rest of the match.

It is very rare that a child under 11 will watch the whole game. They usually find a ball and get a posse and play together in front of the stand causing annoyance to the fans trying to watch the game. This way they get to watch some football and play some without annoying anyone.

If they do want to stay and watch the game they can. There wont be a child catcher gathering them up and dragging them off screaming to play football!

Its just an option to keep the kids entertained.