PDA

View Full Version : Players wanted

jshabba1973
08/02/2009, 2:31 PM
If a junior side were looking for players, in return for jobs where would be the best place to advertise ? any ideas ?

L37Ultra
08/02/2009, 6:18 PM
The dole office

Lim till i die
08/02/2009, 6:40 PM
Try here (http://www.cobhramblers.ie/)

luka
08/02/2009, 6:43 PM

Funny guy...................:rolleyes:

Lim till i die
08/02/2009, 6:44 PM
Funny guy...................:rolleyes:

I kid, I kid.

If you go I'll actually be very :(

gilberto_eire
08/02/2009, 7:41 PM
If a junior side were looking for players, in return for jobs where would be the best place to advertise ? any ideas ?

Am i the only one who finds this concept hard to grasp?

If players, play for your club you'll give them jobs?

Terry
08/02/2009, 9:01 PM
Thats how GUFC used to be run Gilberto, half the squad worked for CK business

pcplod
08/02/2009, 9:13 PM

Ouchhhh:(

jshabba1973
08/02/2009, 9:14 PM
Thats correct , it is going to be how alot of clubs are run in the future I think, currently we have 2 Latvians, 1 Brazilian, 1 Spainiard, and 6 Irish players all working for our main sponsor and playing for our Junior Club, all players must also help coach our underage teams.
So far it works , some of these players then progress to a higher level with our help or return home or in some cases they have settled here and are staying longterm in the locality and with the club. It allows players to play at a good standard and have jobs that facilitate them to train and progress to a higher level if they are good enough, and obviously the Club will be stronger with stronger players.

Wheres the flaw ?

Any opinions are grateful

Candystripe
08/02/2009, 11:56 PM
Is this not the way PSV started ;)

CMcC
09/02/2009, 8:32 AM
Its not a junior GAA team in New York is it?:)

jshabba1973
09/02/2009, 1:02 PM
no , its a junior soccer club in southeast , we don't want mercenaries we want lads who will integrate in both club and community and help develop the club from ground up. But we also guarnatee that if a player is good enough we will help him progress to a higher level if he wants to , we have good contacts with LOI clubs , a few UK clubs, and 2 clubs in Holland.

We feel its a win win situation for both Club and player

Sam_Heggy
09/02/2009, 1:10 PM
no , its a junior soccer club in southeast , we don't want mercenaries we want lads who will integrate in both club and community and help develop the club from ground up. But we also guarnatee that if a player is good enough we will help him progress to a higher level if he wants to , we have good contacts with LOI clubs , a few UK clubs, and 2 clubs in Holland.

Now if you mentioned Italy in there somewhere I would have called you Mick.

Paddywhackspurs
09/02/2009, 8:17 PM

Are ye looking for a right full

gilberto_eire
11/02/2009, 12:52 AM
Thats how GUFC used to be run Gilberto, half the squad worked for CK business

Oh i know that but i found it weird in the sense he said a JUNIOR club!! lol

jshabba1973
12/02/2009, 12:48 PM
Well it may not be perfect but it helps