PDA

View Full Version : Going Down!

EireBadBoy
23/11/2003, 5:00 AM
We are going down....

Well, hence the fact I hate the Dirty Drogs, even though we got free Sndwiches in the 'Windmill' and paid Student prices (You get in for €5 instead of €10 ) and all the smelly kids gloating. The few U.C.D supporters have more commitment,compassion and integrity than all the Dirty Drogs put together.

Schumi, fair play to you, a cracker Fanzine and you support one of the most hated teams in the league.

I'm sure you'll all miss the long trek to Derry next Season.....I'm just looking forward to meeting SLK in the play offs:)

eamoss
23/11/2003, 12:38 PM
Dundalk V Derry :D

pineapple stu
23/11/2003, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
We are going down....

Well, hence the fact I hate the Dirty Drogs, even though we got free Sndwiches in the 'Windmill' and paid Student prices (You get in for €5 instead of €10 ) and all the smelly kids gloating. The few U.C.D supporters have more commitment,compassion and integrity than all the Dirty Drogs put together.

Schumi, fair play to you, a cracker Fanzine and you support one of the most hated teams in the league.

I'm sure you'll all miss the long trek to Derry next Season.....I'm just looking forward to meeting SLK in the play offs:)

Scanning for sarcasm...it's clean!!!:eek:

Don't know about Schumi missing the trip to Derry (ask him about being stuck on buses with no jacks for five hours!), but it's more fun of an away trip than Dublin City or Bray (if we stay up) or Monaghan or Athlone (if we go down...)

Any stop saying that you're certain to go down! That's like reverse jinxing us!!!

DrogMan
23/11/2003, 8:05 PM
We are going down....

Ha ha, bye bye Derry. I'm sorry to say but you lot deserve to go down. Hopefully UCD will go in the playoffs and then my plan will be nearly complete. Hopefully Longford will go next season:D

Ahhh another season in the Premier, I'm getting used to it now. Hopefully I'll see SLK or maybe the Harps lads up at United Park next season.

WindmillWarrior
24/11/2003, 7:08 AM
We are going down....

What an arsehole! :rolleyes:

Bye bye Londonderry...

....................../´¯/)
...................../¯../
..................../.../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¯\
.........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'..')
..........\.................'.../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
.............\..............(
..............\.............\....

dortie
24/11/2003, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by WindmillWarrior
What an arsehole! :rolleyes:

Bye bye Londonderry...

....................../´¯/)
...................../¯../
..................../.../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¯\
.........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'..')
..........\.................'.../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
.............\..............(
..............\.............\....

Very patriotic response from a supporter of a team thats won feck all !!!......'Take it down from the mast'

pconnor
24/11/2003, 10:59 AM
I don't like this L Derry sh1t WW. Why not just refer to them as the "slimey northern b@stards that tried to get us kicked out of the league last year."

Dortie - Do you believe in the term "what goes round comes round", i think that Derry are getting what due to them.

Éanna
24/11/2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by dortie
Very patriotic response from a supporter of a team thats won feck all !!!......'Take it down from the mast'
wouldn't bother with him. drogs are only north county dublin cattle rustlers anyway. I'l be sorry to see derry go, hope to see ye back again next year. And please, please let UCD go as well, it'll be some consolation at least

Schumi
24/11/2003, 12:14 PM

I'm sure you'll all miss the long trek to Derry next Season.....I'm just looking forward to meeting SLK in the play offs:) If we do stay up (trying to avoid jinxing us!) I won't miss the trip to Derry but I will miss Derry.

If you remind me of your address, I'll send you down a few recent fanzines.

dortie
24/11/2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pconnor

Dortie - Do you believe in the term "what goes round comes round", i think that Derry are getting what due to them.

You dont make sense.......you never adhered to a rule....our chairman just so happened to be involved in a group that highlighted this. Relegated or not i will always think of Drogheda as a little unsuccessful team who never have or never will win anything...

I hate you too.....come on Dundalk

DruggyDrog
24/11/2003, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by dortie
You dont make sense.......you never adhered to a rule....our chairman just so happened to be involved in a group that highlighted this. Relegated or not i will always think of Drogheda as a little unsuccessful team who never have or never will win anything...

I hate you too.....come on Dundalk

Yet when your esteemed chairman was challenged to be part of a group that highlighted the misdemeanors of other clubs, who just happened to be further up the table, he declined. When all the other members of 'the group' accepted the Drogheda position, your esteemed chairman continued to concentrate more efforts on hanging us than on saving you.

Pity, I like Derry, like the Brandywell, like the fans (well most of them anyway), but even Roddy knows that any perceived misdemeanor by Drogheda United pales into insignificance when compared to what other clubs are trying to hide (and I' not talking about Derry).

pconnor
24/11/2003, 1:29 PM
[i]I hate you too.....come on Dundalk [/B]

I think you'll find Dortie that i never stated that I hate Derry, indeed over the years i've always had a bit of a gra for Derry. I remember going to the 1995 cup final to support you, I still have the programme that features Paul Doolin with hair!

However i am resentful that Derry (or Roddy) tried to get us kicked out of football last year. Yes we traded recklessly, but we put it right and were punished for it. Thats all in the past. If I had my wish UCD would go for the drop, Derry for the play off and may the best team win.

But if your going to persist with the cr@ptown sh1t, then COME ON D'HARPS.:D

dortie
24/11/2003, 2:22 PM
Originally posted by DruggyDrog
Yet when your esteemed chairman was challenged to be part of a group that highlighted the misdemeanors of other clubs, who just happened to be further up the table, he declined. When all the other members of 'the group' accepted the Drogheda position, your esteemed chairman continued to concentrate more efforts on hanging us than on saving you.

Pity, I like Derry, like the Brandywell, like the fans (well most of them anyway), but even Roddy knows that any perceived misdemeanor by Drogheda United pales into insignificance when compared to what other clubs are trying to hide (and I' not talking about Derry).

I cannot speak for our chairman and his efforts outside of Derry City FC, but i dont believe he had a personal vendetta against Drogheda Utd. Derry City has been very pro-active over the past 2-3 years in doing things by the book, specifically our own finances and more recently in trying to meet the new UEFA guidlines that all 22 clubs signed up to (2 years ago). I can see Jim Roddys point............if we get our act together as a club, more recently if we meet all the UEFA requirements that we signed up to and other clubs dont, what type of league do we have....?? I know what your saying in regards to other clubs, I personally cant see how 3 of the top four in the first division are going to meet premier status in regards the leagues new law ???

I will take it on the chin if we get relegated because we have been **** on the pitch this year, it will be hard though as ive been supporting Derry since 86 a year after we joined the league of Ireland and ive never experienced relegation.....it will **** me off though to see the league bend the rules for clubs who never bothered their hoops to meet the new requirements.

Macy
24/11/2003, 3:19 PM
You forgot to mention the promised funding to meet the requirements of the licencing that has not been forthcoming....

Most clubs have to raise their own finance, not rely on a political favours to get clubs for free for high profile friendlies.....

Did Derry foot the whole bill for the stand in the Brandywell?

Not trying to have a go inparticular, as Thursday night football aside, I don't have a problem with Derry, but for two clubs that have had more help than anyone in el to be bitching about each other is just taking the p!ss.....

dortie
24/11/2003, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by Macy
You forgot to mention the promised funding to meet the requirements of the licencing that has not been forthcoming....

Most clubs have to raise their own finance, not rely on a political favours to get clubs for free for high profile friendlies.....

Did Derry foot the whole bill for the stand in the Brandywell?

Not trying to have a go inparticular, as Thursday night football aside, I don't have a problem with Derry, but for two clubs that have had more help than anyone in el to be bitching about each other is just taking the p!ss.....

The FAI meeting i attended in the City hotel 1.5 years ago never ever mentioned 'promised funding'...
And what do you mean political favours....John Hume got Barcelona after he was awarded the freedom of the City.....Eamon McCourt an ex-director phoned Martin O'Neill to get Celtic...political favours my ass !!

On the subject of funding for the Brandywell....we have got very little from the council.. the main reason we have formed a pressure group called SOS to force the council into giving us a long term lease so we can seek funding ourselves (due to their lack of money).

And as for Thur night football......we could never play on a friday because of the dogs...which is now changing...not that we will increase our gates with the 50 away fans

Macy
24/11/2003, 4:37 PM
Who paid for the stand? I'm not necessarily saying Derry didn't, just curious.....

Cosmo
24/11/2003, 5:01 PM
Drogs are clean now - hinge trading sorted out - it cost the directors a couple of hundred grand, but its now sorted - fact. Id love to see derry go down.

Go on the harps - hope to see you up in united park next season!!

TheRealRovers
24/11/2003, 5:46 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Who paid for the stand? I'm not necessarily saying Derry didn't, just curious.....
I think it was Derry City supporters in England who paid for it, I might be wrong

Originally posted by Daviddrog
Why. They’re only a shower of w@nkers.

The main reason Derry look to be going down is because they have a shít manager

dortie
24/11/2003, 6:29 PM
Drogs are clean now - hinge trading sorted out - it cost the directors a couple of hundred grand, but its now sorted - fact. Id love to see derry go down.

Aaaagh the jealousy....fighting off relegation is the best you lot will ever get to.....its about time the big club from louth replaced you lot at least they have history and honours. Dundalk.

Macy
25/11/2003, 9:17 AM
Drogs are clean now - hinge trading sorted out - it cost the directors a couple of hundred grand, but its now sorted - fact.
Yeah but for how long?

Cosmo
25/11/2003, 9:29 AM
Macy, I can stick my neck out now and say that i believe the drogs will never get into the financial trouble they got into last season again. The people that have sorted out the mess, are now in charge of the club and after all the money and work (ie taking on the fai and that foreign club) spent sorting out the problems, i doubt they'll want to see it all wasted.

Dortie, as for fighting off relegation been the best we will ever do, only time will tell. But just watch out for the drogs next season, i am predicting 4th in the table with one of the top managers in the league and we will then build on that (hopefully). Id rather that than having to travel to cobh, athlone, galway,etc. When Derry go down i reckon it will be a long time before we see you back up.

Cosmo
25/11/2003, 9:32 AM
Oh yeah, as for craptown having history and honours - fair enough.

Ill let them have their honours, because id much prefer to be where we are now than in craptowns poosition!! Their past honours isnt worth a f*%k to them now

John83
25/11/2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
The main reason Derry look to be going down is because they have a shít manager

Just the one? ;)