PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland fans grieving for Keane

seanfhear
07/02/2009, 9:41 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0206/quinnn.html

Would Sunderland fans not be better to grieve over the quality and quantity of players that Roy Keane brought to their club.

They cetainly will be grieving if Roys expensive signings get them relegated and it won't be for Roy either.

If Sunderland can by hook or by crook stay up then I suggest Niall have a look at Burnleys Owen Coyle(learning his trade in the right manner i.e. lower profile clubs) as a long term manager and stop pining for the one that is disappearing up his own jacksy.

OwlsFan
07/02/2009, 11:42 AM
I'd say it's Quinn that's suffering the grief. He seemed to fall in love with Keane :eek: Supporters don't spare a thought for departed managers if the next one in is successful. Fact of life.

the 12 th man
07/02/2009, 12:29 PM
Cringeworthy statement from Quinn,what's the current manager supposed to make of that?

Noelys Guitar
07/02/2009, 1:47 PM
The first thing that came to mind was Quinn testing the water for a Keane return. A very strange thing to say when Sbragia is doing a reasonable job. Keane is at the Wigan match.

seanfhear
07/02/2009, 8:21 PM
Cringeworthy statement from Quinn,what's the current manager supposed to make of that?
Correct. Why does Niall Quinn feel it necessary to worship his beloved Keane.
Afterall at the end Keane was not up to the job of managing Sunderland.

These are two of the reasons why he was not up to it.
1. He was a very bad communicater to his players and possibly everyone else as well.
2. He took on a job that was too big for him and he should have served his time at a lower league club e.g. Like Martin O' Neill at Wycombe

Niall stop massaging Roy Keanes ego or at least explain why you are throwing yourself prostrate before this man.

DeLorean
09/02/2009, 9:44 AM
Afterall at the end Keane was not up to the job of managing Sunderland.

I think Keane should have definitely seen the season out but to say he was not up to a job where he brought a team from bottom of the Championship to mid table-ish in the Premier Lge is questionable at best. Granted he spent a lot of money but most managers do when they are given it. I'm sure he made most of it back with the money gained from being a comfortable Premier Lge team now with big crowds every wk, tv rights and prize money.

pineapple stu
09/02/2009, 9:47 AM
I assume Quinn is trying to strike a chord with the legions of Irish fans who have suddenly departed, and trying to make them feel that Sunderland is "their" club again.

Pike B
09/02/2009, 9:57 AM
I assume Quinn is trying to strike a chord with the legions of Irish fans who have suddenly departed, and trying to make them feel that Sunderland is "their" club again.
Good call.

seanfhear
09/02/2009, 10:33 AM
You could be on the ball there but I don't think that it will work.