PDA

View Full Version : LOI clubs fundraisers

don ramo
07/02/2009, 4:09 AM
lads i was wonder if i could get some ideas, of fundraisers done by LOI clubs, what was succesfull, and what to avoid if possible,

i know a lot of clubs have been fundraising in the off season, but havent read much as to there success,

i was planing on coming up with 5-6 ideas that any club could easily run during the year, and not make it repetative if possible, there only so many race night people will attend,

would it be possible to make 20,000 plus from 6 different events,

Cosmo
07/02/2009, 9:03 AM
This is the best one I've seen in a long time by a few drogs fans - theyre hoping to raise 25k from it and ticket sales seem to be going very well!!

http://www.drogsduckderby.com/

Mr A
07/02/2009, 9:14 AM
Why bother with fundraising? Just spend like bejeepers and then take a slap on the wrists for entering examinership- and bang, you're debt free and ready to go again.

Just make sure to move your assets into the ownership of a seperate legal entity first though.

brianw82
07/02/2009, 9:38 AM
Foot.ie. "D'ya want chips with that?"

Celdrog
07/02/2009, 10:22 AM
Why bother with fundraising? Just spend like bejeepers and then take a slap on the wrists for entering examinership- and bang, you're debt free and ready to go again.FFS a reasonable thread about generating income across the LOI and you still can't stop yourself having a pop. Get a grip

Mr A
07/02/2009, 10:45 AM
FFS a reasonable thread about generating income across the LOI and you still can't stop yourself having a pop. Get a grip

Practical advice based on an observation of what has worked for Rovers, Cork and Drogheda I would have thought. If you don't like it that's your problem.

Anyhoo, Harps' Monster Draw is always a good earner for us. A small car as main prize with a holiday as second proze and another 8 decent prizes too.. tickets 20 euro and sellers all over the Northwest, brings 30-45k profit consistently.

I do think LOI clubs fall down badly on looking after sponsors though. Bring them out and get them ****ed + feed them well and treat them right and you've a far better chance of getting more in future. Simple stuff but most clubs just grab the cheque and leave it at that.

Cosmo
07/02/2009, 10:52 AM
Practical advice based on an observation of what has worked for Rovers, Cork and Drogheda I would have thought.

Why don't ye get your club to do it aswel so if its so easy? Not nice knowing your club has little chance of being in existence when the examinership period is up, believe me!!

It aint fair really as examinership should meet automatcic relegation - but thats not in the rules (not our fault or corks), so get over it and move on - as i said in another thread, if the licensing was fully enforced only 1 or 2 clubs would get a license this year. Sure didnt ye have your own financial troubles last year anyway? (though different extent obviously!!)

Nobody bar a UCD, Monaghan or Wexford fan really is in any position to go lecturing others on their club finances

Mr A
07/02/2009, 11:08 AM
Why don't ye get your club to do it aswel so if its so easy? Not nice knowing your club has little chance of being in existence when the examinership period is up, believe me!!

It aint fair really as examinership should meet automatcic relegation - but thats not in the rules (not our fault or corks), so get over it and move on - as i said in another thread, if the licensing was fully enforced only 1 or 2 clubs would get a license this year. Sure didnt ye have your own financial troubles last year anyway? (though different extent obviously!!)

Nobody bar a UCD, Monaghan or Wexford fan really is in any position to go lecturing others on their club finances

I didn't say anything about its fairness or any rules, and I didn't lecture anybody. I just suggested that currently the examinership route seems to offer a great way to sort out your financial woes with little impact on league position (except of course that the pre examinership splurge will have presumably brought success).

Based on what has happened so far, I think the advice seems entirely reasonable.

And for the record we've been through several periods where doubt reigned over Harps' future, and indeed we're in one right now. And no, it isn't very nice.

Aaron
07/02/2009, 11:31 AM
We have a Development Committee who done a "Dream Draw" this year and a few years ago. The prizes were a Villa in Murcia, a car and a kitchen. This year a 100k profit was made for the club. The Development Committe also carry out different fundraisers through the year, like "Night at the Races" etc...Spuerb work done by them which is keeping Derry City afloat

MariborKev
07/02/2009, 11:32 AM
This is going to throw a spanner in the works but it is the club's fault. They ran the League when Licensing was introduced and they consistently failed to comply with it, and then let themselves off when they didn't.

As for fundraisers, like Harps we have a "Dream Draw" to raffle off property, cars, cash etc and it brings it £50k+ every time it is run. Savage amount of work involved though.

don ramo
07/02/2009, 12:05 PM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=110838
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=111079
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=110410
theres some debateing for ye lads

i started this thread for some ideas on fundrisers, that any club could do, thats 3 seperate draw each capable of bringing any club in over 20,000, and in derrys case 100,000, that is spectacular for any draw to bring such revenue into the club,

thanks COSMO, MR A and CTID

think well see about one or two of them, also hoping to organise a golf classic, potentially you could make 40,000 on one, the last race night we had we made 9-10,000,

the more ideas the better, we cant be boring people with repetative fundraisers

Celdrog
09/02/2009, 8:03 PM
Anyhoo, Harps' Monster Draw is always a good earner for us. A small car as main prize with a holiday as second proze and another 8 decent prizes too.. tickets 20 euro and sellers all over the Northwest, brings 30-45k profit consistently.Would it not have been easier to just post that first?

Ash
10/02/2009, 7:09 AM
Would it not have been easier to just post that first?

It wouldnt be in the spirit of the eL (or just L now!) support to give advice before making a jibe about a clubs past sins :p
We all do it :D

Dodge
10/02/2009, 8:55 AM
I thought it was obvious Mr A was doing it tongue in cheek lads. Does it really matter to Drogheda fans what he thinks anyway?

pineapple stu
10/02/2009, 8:58 AM
So tempted to put that in my sig. :)

On the original post, we run a very successful summer soccer camp for kids every year. Six one-week camps I think, with close on 100 each week. Give the players a few quid extra for coaching. Don't know exactly how much it raises, but I'd say it'd get your E20k target.

Sam_Heggy
10/02/2009, 9:10 AM
I thought it was obvious Mr A was doing it tongue in cheek lads. Does it really matter to Drogheda fans what he thinks anyway?

I think the Drogs fans fear A is Fran Gavin in disguise.

I can categorically confirm that he is indeed Dr.Evil, not sure who is mini me though.

Mr A
10/02/2009, 10:18 AM
Gotta say I find it hilarious that certain people on the one hand will tell everyone to get over it what they did via examinership etc was above board and within the rules (which it was.. although the FAI should have slammed you for it), but at the logical suggestion that other clubs use this to their advantage also they get all upset.

Now that the FAI are promising to really get tough the next time that probably no longer applies though.

micls
10/02/2009, 10:25 AM
but at the logical suggestion that other clubs use this to their advantage also they get all upset.

Possibly because we've been through it, and know firsthand that its far from a good way to go about it?

I wouldn't wish that experience on any LOI fan tbh, and when its mentioned as offhand as above then it belittles what the fans went through.

Very little stood between us and extinction, in fact when the revenue objected most of us expected the worst.

It's just hard to hear that being bandied about as a good way to go about things(even tongue in cheek). Maybe for those in chrge, who dont really give a crap about the clubs one way or another but for any fan who's experienced examinership, claiming its an easy way out is a bit hard to take.

Rovers fan
11/02/2009, 2:08 AM

That's not very many people in total so:D

SMorgan
11/02/2009, 5:44 AM
Why bother with fundraising? Just spend like bejeepers and then take a slap on the wrists for entering examinership- and bang, you're debt free and ready to go again.

Just make sure to move your assets into the ownership of a seperate legal entity first though.

They need to fund raise to get 10 pts clear of the relegation zone before going into examinership. Pay attention!!