PDA

View Full Version : Pat's match

pineapple stu
22/11/2003, 8:47 PM
Result wasn't great, but the performance was one of our best of the season (which isn't saying much, mind). When Pat's had el Khebir sent off, they stuck nine men behind the ball and by and large depended on hoofing counter-attacking. The problem with Pat's is that it doesn't really matter if they're down to ten men because of how dangerous they are on set pieces. But I thought we played much the better football - Alan McNally in particular was outstanding, and Hugh Davey and Darragh Ryan linked up well on the left - but we needed a spark to break down the massed Pat's defence. And that spark was suspended after getting sent off recently. :mad:

Given Derry's recent form (i.e. one win in 24), one point could well be enough to have us into the play-offs given our goal difference, but we badly need to end the regular season by beating Longford...:( :(

Dodge
24/11/2003, 8:41 AM
Another terrible 0-0. I don't think we massed the defence as much as you do, I think it was more a case of not being good enough going forward. In saying that i can only remember 2 chances all game (both yours)

Appaling stuff

Schumi
24/11/2003, 11:53 AM
Not a great game, although probably better than most of the Belfield games! Getting a 0-0 draw with 3/4 of our midfield missing is OK I suppose although after Pat's getting a player sent off it was disappointing.

pineapple stu
24/11/2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
I don't think we massed the defence as much as you do

Maybe Clive Delaney just chose the game to have his one good appearance for Pat's that I've seen.:mad:

Dodge
24/11/2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Maybe Clive Delaney just chose the game to have his one good appearance for Pat's that I've seen.:mad:
In fairmess to him he's been getting better with each game. Still not quite there yet but I'm confident he will be

lefty
25/11/2003, 9:22 AM
Clive played great some of his passing wasnt the may west but every ball that we put into their half was headed out by Clive. Every corner we had was defended by Clive and everytime we went forward Clive halted the attack.

Going forward Clive was also a great danger. He was a threat from corners and I remember him having one chance that if it had fallen to someone else like Tony Bird would have been a goal.

Deffinitely man of the match in my opinion.

P.s. Is it too late for the supporters player of the year award?

pineapple stu
25/11/2003, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by lefty
P.s. Is it too late for the supporters player of the year award?

What, you want to vote for Delaney?!:D

Send your vote in if you want, but it won't make any difference to the overall winners.

bambi
28/11/2003, 3:15 PM
Lads just want to know who took over the captains arm-band when john martin was taken off as he took over from tony mcdonnell who was suspended for that game?

Maybe Griffin?

pineapple stu
28/11/2003, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by bambi
Lads just want to know who took over the captains arm-band when john martin was taken off as he took over from tony mcdonnell who was suspended for that game?

Maybe Griffin?

Alan McNally!