PDA

View Full Version : Talk around Tolka last night

Counting Crow
22/11/2003, 2:47 PM
The talk around Tolka Park last night was that Dessie Baker has refused to sign a new contract with Shells and that Dolan was in deep conversation with him last Monday when he was up to watch the Shells v. Drogheda game...........!

Would he be an asset ............ I think he would but how would he cope with living outside Dublin?

A face
22/11/2003, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
Dessie Baker has refused to sign a new contract with Shells

I was speaking to some fans last night, and some of them were not that happy to even talk about him. I was suprised at their reaction to be honest.

Bad feeling anyway no matter what is going on.

Slash/ED
22/11/2003, 6:28 PM
It seems generally accepted that he's off, as is his brother for that matter.

And you're more then welcome to him.

jofyisgod
23/11/2003, 10:09 AM
Any details of a feud, etc.

Slash/ED
23/11/2003, 12:21 PM
Doesn't seem so much of that as mainly he seems to have attitude problems. Seems lazy and disinterested on the rare occasions he does play and has been off form and out of the team all season now as a result. Just seems to have attitude problems really, I'm not sure if he had a row with Fenlon or not but it looks very likely he wont be playing for Shels next season.

In saying that, if he did sign for Cork and pulled his socks up and started playing well again he's the kind of player ye could do with I think.

DolansWaistcoat
23/11/2003, 1:53 PM
Naw send him down to Waterford if he's got an attitude problem,himself and Dan Connor could become great buddies.

GavinZac
24/11/2003, 8:52 AM
it'll be a serious test for me to cheer for the baker brothers and dan o'c! :eek:

Dodge
24/11/2003, 8:56 AM
Apparently Dessie's off to Longford and Richie's off to the US. According to Shels fans anyway

James
24/11/2003, 8:58 AM
well as long as the fcukers stay well clear of us
they have nothing to add to the Rebel Army

Éanna
24/11/2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Apparently Dessie's off to Longford and Richie's off to the US. According to Shels fans anyway
Heard that from Longford fans as far back as the cup final alright. I wouldn't mind Richie, but no way could i handle us signing the elder scut! :eek: It was in the Star yesterday as well I think that both are leaving

ccfc till i die
24/11/2003, 12:07 PM
How old are the two of them, they seem to have been around forever

Eric
24/11/2003, 12:14 PM
Didn't c Dolan talking to Dessie at that game last monday night. He sat on his own watching the game and left straight away at the end. Unless he was talking to him before the match

joe
24/11/2003, 1:39 PM
Originally posted by Eric
Unless he was talking to him before the match

nah, he was swanning around Fagans with what appeared to be a dead animal on his head :D

Slash/ED
24/11/2003, 3:57 PM
Richie is definitely off to the US, his bird lives there and he's been wanting to leave for a while. There's no chance of him going to another EL club, if he returns from America he'll probably resign for Shels.

jofyisgod
24/11/2003, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by James
well as long as the fcukers stay well clear of us
they have nothing to add to the Rebel Army

Agreed. Anyway- i doubt that Dolan would sign any ego's, and even if he did, i'm sure he'd be able to control them.