PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Friendlies

dublinwanderer
06/02/2009, 2:11 PM
As part of their build up to the new season, Wanderers have announced the following friendlies have been lined up:

-v- Monaghan Utd on Saturday 7th February at Wayside Celtic's ground in Kilternan. Kick off is 2pm OFF DUE TO WEATHER

-v- Longford Town on Tuesday 10th February at Rathnew, Kick off is 7.30pm

-v- Shelbourne on Saturday 14th February at Wayside Celtic's ground in Kilternan. Kick off 2pm

-v- UCD on Monday 23rd February at Belfield Bowl. Kick off is 7.45pm

-v- Sporting Fingal on Saturday the 28th February at the Carlisle. Kick off is 3pm

-v- Garda on Tuesday the 3rd March at the Carlisle. Kick off is 2pm.

Some interesting games there, looking forward to the start!!! Cant wait!! :)

Martinho II
06/02/2009, 8:41 PM
lads if i was coming onto the m50 down to bray whats the best way to go tor rathnew??

superfrank
06/02/2009, 9:29 PM
Get onto the N11 down towards Wicklow town and about twenty minutes down the road take the turn for Rathnew. Not too sure where the pitch in Rathnew is.

KR's Post
07/02/2009, 7:59 AM
lads if i was coming onto the m50 down to bray whats the best way to go tor rathnew??

Believ me, don't bother!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: But if you're going. the pitch is calleds shamrock park. Come into the village, left on small roundabout. Then turn right at St ernans school, go straight up that road till you reach the top of the hill. The ground is on right.

Martinho II
07/02/2009, 6:23 PM
Believ me, don't bother!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: But if you're going. the pitch is calleds shamrock park. Come into the village, left on small roundabout. Then turn right at St ernans school, go straight up that road till you reach the top of the hill. The ground is on right.

perfect krs post thanks for that.. i got a fright when i looked at the atlas today thought it was right beside bray didnt realise its after wicklow town.. i am plannin to drive down from carrick on shannon at five o clock very much doubt that i would make the start of kickoff..

KR's Post
07/02/2009, 7:56 PM
perfect krs post thanks for that.. i got a fright when i looked at the atlas today thought it was right beside bray didnt realise its after wicklow town.. i am plannin to drive down from carrick on shannon at five o clock very much doubt that i would make the start of kickoff..

it's actually before wicklow town. First village ya come to is Rathnew! Just follow directions i gave you! Ps St Ernans is on the right about 10 secs after you go left on that roundabout!

Martinho II
08/02/2009, 7:18 PM
it's actually before wicklow town. First village ya come to is Rathnew! Just follow directions i gave you! Ps St Ernans is on the right about 10 secs after you go left on that roundabout!

will do thanks.. look forward to catchin up with bray fans down there.. doubt too many town fans will be down mind you tuesday night though we had eight away supporters in westport..

Martinho II
09/02/2009, 7:13 PM
will do thanks.. look forward to catchin up with bray fans down there.. doubt too many town fans will be down mind you tuesday night though we had eight away supporters in westport..

its being posted on www.ltfc.ie now that our match against ye boys is now being played in the carlisle grounds. why the change of plan??

dublinwanderer
09/02/2009, 7:27 PM
its being posted on www.ltfc.ie now that our match against ye boys is now being played in the carlisle grounds. why the change of plan??

first i have heard... unless rathnew is unplayable and the carlisle has a greater chance of the match going ahead... teams really need to start playing games

BrayUnknowns
10/02/2009, 10:22 AM
Bray v Longford off from what i've heard, not sure though

Titan
10/02/2009, 11:34 AM
match off official.

Seagull
10/02/2009, 7:54 PM
match off official.

Bit of a shambles this pre-season with games going by the wayside(!) Saturday's game has to a doubt too I would have thought with the state of pitches at this time of year?

GlasnevinRed
12/02/2009, 7:25 PM
What are the chances of Saturday's match going ahead?

naoise kennedy
13/02/2009, 11:56 AM
What are the chances of Saturday's match going ahead?

I rang the carlisle at about 11.30,, they reckon it's still on, hopefully so.

GlasnevinRed
13/02/2009, 5:05 PM
Grand cheers :)

Martinho II
13/02/2009, 8:11 PM
Bray v Longford off from what i've heard, not sure though

any word of the match being played again lads??:confused:

The Fox
14/02/2009, 5:41 PM
Thought that it was a good solid performance today and the new signings all looked fairly handy. It is great that we have such a young squad but i would still like one more quality striker. Great to see Paddy still with us and looking so sharp. Dunne looked handy up front and Massey was very solid at full back. It seems that Eddie may have called the bluff of some of the players that we let go and it might just pay off.
Who is Fernando?

naoise kennedy
14/02/2009, 6:12 PM
Thought that it was a good solid performance today and the new signings all looked fairly handy. It is great that we have such a young squad but i would still like one more quality striker. Great to see Paddy still with us and looking so sharp. Dunne looked handy up front and Massey was very solid at full back. It seems that Eddie may have called the bluff of some of the players that we let go and it might just pay off.
Who is Fernando?

Great start to the season, good performance by mulcahy, massey,dunne, i also thought byrne looked good in the air up front, forsyth looked strong up front also.. fernando is over from spain with other players looking for a club i beleive he played in a strong league in spain but he has not got a word of english,, looks very good..

Martinho II
14/02/2009, 7:35 PM
how did daire doyle play for ye?? stephen gough played for us today..

naoise kennedy
14/02/2009, 7:52 PM

i think he played number 6 today, i thought his surname was dunne but if its doyle he played well in midfield...

Captain2007
14/02/2009, 8:08 PM

Daire played very well today alongside Mulcahy as did all the other eleven debutants, Spanish guy Fernando was very impressive scored a nice goal as did Darren Forsyth.
How did Ray & Stephen do for ye today ?

dublinwanderer
15/02/2009, 11:53 AM
Match report:
http://www.braywanderers.ie/Shelbourne_14_February_Frie.902.0.html
and some good pictures as always... The jersey looks well!!!
Great start to pre-season against a strong Shelbourne team. Lets hope we can build on it now and go into the new season full of confidence.

Next Friendly Monday night, 16th February at Station Road, Newbridge. Kick off is 7.45pm. Against Newbridge Town...

Martinho II
15/02/2009, 7:15 PM
Daire played very well today alongside Mulcahy as did all the other eleven debutants, Spanish guy Fernando was very impressive scored a nice goal as did Darren Forsyth.
How did Ray & Stephen do for ye today ?

i thought the pair of them looked solid.. ray has the look of a skipper about him... i assume they played together at bray...kennys was barking out orders from the back...

heard that the game against bray wont be played again which is a pity...

DRDoc
15/02/2009, 10:05 PM
yep doyle wore six he wore six
kavanagh was in great form

naoise kennedy
16/02/2009, 7:17 PM
Next Friendly Monday night, 16th February at Station Road, Newbridge. Kick off is 7.45pm. Against Newbridge Town...[/quote]

Anybody got any score from newbridge..

Captain2007
16/02/2009, 9:48 PM
Next Friendly Monday night, 16th February at Station Road, Newbridge. Kick off is 7.45pm. Against Newbridge Town...

Anybody got any score from newbridge..[/quote]

Bray 3 Newbridge 1, mostly U 20's team -Scorers : Ian Mc Neill, Jake Kelly, Dean Zambra,New signing Robert Douglas played.Newbridge scored a consolation goal in the last minute.

naoise kennedy
16/02/2009, 9:57 PM
Anybody got any score from newbridge..

Bray 3 Newbridge 1, mostly U 20's team -Scorers : Ian Mc Neill, Jake Kelly, Dean Zambra,New signing Robert Douglas played.Newbridge scored a consolation goal in the last minute.[/quote]

Grand thanks,, robert douglas,when was he signed, does he play in goal, did fernando, or franco get a run out.

Captain2007
16/02/2009, 10:10 PM
Bray 3 Newbridge 1, mostly U 20's team -Scorers : Ian Mc Neill, Jake Kelly, Dean Zambra,New signing Robert Douglas played.Newbridge scored a consolation goal in the last minute.

Grand thanks,, robert douglas,when was he signed, does he play in goal, did fernando, or franco get a run out.[/quote]

AFAIK Robert was signed as a striker, Franco has been released and Fernando trained with the First Team squad tonite.

Longfordian
16/02/2009, 10:15 PM
Douglas is a striker or wide player, signed for us from Crumlin United in July last year, tidy enough but can appear quite lazy or uninterested. Quite a similar player to Alan Lynch actually.

naoise kennedy
16/02/2009, 10:17 PM
AFAIK Robert was signed as a striker, Franco has been released and Fernando trained with the First Team squad tonite.[/quote]

where did you hear that franco was released, i was taking to him at shels match, he did'nt seem in great form (not warming up with the rest of team in second half) etc he just did'nt seem to be part of the team but nothing was said.. could'nt see him getting his game anyway with the way eddie is with him..

Captain2007
18/02/2009, 8:43 AM
Bray v Monaghan - Venue : Rathnew KO 7:30pm Thursday 19th Feb.

dublinwanderer
25/02/2009, 4:05 PM
Bray v Fingal on saturday, as far as i know the club are charging into it.... 10e fo adults and 5e for concessions!!!!!!!

naoise kennedy
26/02/2009, 11:14 AM
Bray v Fingal on saturday, as far as i know the club are charging into it.... 10e fo adults and 5e for concessions!!!!!!!

has this been confirmed.. other friendlies were free..

KR's Post
26/02/2009, 1:14 PM
Prices on the posters!! How else will they pay Sportings fee!? Going a little off topic. I heard Zayed, O Neill, etc are on crazy money out there. And i mean CRAZY, especially the way the league has gone.

The Fox
27/02/2009, 9:09 PM
Is the game definitely at 3.00 - extratime.ie has it as 7.45?

naoise kennedy
27/02/2009, 9:47 PM
Is the game definitely at 3.00 - extratime.ie has it as 7.45?

spoke to amanda today, its at 3.00

naoise kennedy
28/02/2009, 3:55 PM
Anybody got the result from todays game..

Seagull
28/02/2009, 5:24 PM
Anybody got the result from todays game..

0-0, competitive enough game, think we'll struggle to score goals this season but then today was the first time I've seen them this season.

naoise kennedy
28/02/2009, 5:43 PM
0-0, competitive enough game, think we'll struggle to score goals this season but then today was the first time I've seen them this season.

At least we kept a clean sheet, i would have taught that with zayed up front it would have been a good challange for our defense..

The Fox
28/02/2009, 9:06 PM
It was competitive enough all right and the defence did well considering that they had Zayed, O'Niell, Kirby and Doyle to contend with - to be honest though they hardly made a chance against us.

I thought that Doyle and Mulchay were doing similar jobs in midfield - I guess Robson is injured, hopefully he will be fit soon to give some different options in midfield.

I agree - goals will probably be hard to come by - i was disappointed that Fernando was no where to be seen - i thought he had done enough in the other games to impress. Mulroy and one of the two tall guys would probably be my current first choice. We didnt cause them enough trouble with the two big strikers.

Lastly the pitch was a bit disappointing - its normally impeccable but today it was only average - it didnt help the players - passing and dribbling was difficult.

naoise kennedy
28/02/2009, 11:46 PM
Attendance?

Attendance was about 120.. hopefully it will be ten times this next friday.

The Lep
01/03/2009, 10:33 AM
It looked like some Rovers fans got their dates wrong :D

It was a scrappy game with the pitch not helping as it threw up sand every time the ball bounced.
I think Bray will stay up again this year, you have a decent keeper and defence.

naoise kennedy
01/03/2009, 12:16 PM
It looked like some Rovers fans got their dates wrong :D

It was a scrappy game with the pitch not helping as it threw up sand every time the ball bounced.
I think Bray will stay up again this year, you have a decent keeper and defence.

The pitch did look very bad, he normally has it looking fantastic, our defense does look strong,ok we only had a few friendlies but it looks like its coming together well indeed.

Seagull
01/03/2009, 1:14 PM
The pitch did look very bad, he normally has it looking fantastic, our defense does look strong,ok we only had a few friendlies but it looks like its coming together well indeed.

The pitch was heavily sanded, just needs the sprinklers (or rain) on to sort it out I'd say...

The Lep
01/03/2009, 11:12 PM
Hope you win :D

naoise kennedy
03/03/2009, 5:52 PM
how did todays friendly finish up..

dublinwanderer
03/03/2009, 6:01 PM
finished bray 0-1 Garda

Bray played the under 20's team
kane,
RB?, Webster, CB?, Fletcher
Darren Dunne, Zambra, Shields, Coughlan
Masterson, Shane O'Neill

Subs included, tresson and eddie gormley, both came on at half time, and also MAURICE FARRELL... came on about 20mins b4 the end...

conditions were brutal, and bray should have won, missed numerous clear goal scoring chances.

decent crowd from local schools, prob about 900 at it, all good for charity, fair play :)

hula4
03/03/2009, 6:58 PM
finished bray 0-1 Garda

kane,
Masterson, Shane O'Neill

Subs included, tresson and eddie gormley, both came on at half time, and also MAURICE FARRELL... came on about 20mins b4 the end...

conditions were brutal, and bray should have won, missed numerous clear goal scoring chances.

decent crowd from local schools, prob about 900 at it, all good for charity, fair play :)

played in this game, very nice occasion, massive credit to bray wanderers for organising such an event, we obviously rode our luck at times, despite their age bray were always going to be technically better than us, weather spoiled the game second half anyway but it probably suited us better.

was also nice to hear some kids in the crowd shouting for the guards to be honest i thought we might get a bit of half hearted jeering but we didnt.

all in all bray wanderers come out of this very well and hopefully some of the kids that were at the game might want to keep going and bring their parents

best of luck for the season

naoise kennedy
03/03/2009, 8:39 PM
finished bray 0-1 Garda

kane,
Masterson, Shane O'Neill

Sounds like a good day for the kids, hopefully they will come back on friday.