PDA

View Full Version : Dolan Complains to gardai

thecorner
22/11/2003, 11:46 AM
pat dolan has complained to gardai the he was stamped on and injured on the shin by owen heary as he took a throw in

with the oilly byrne incident, this incident and the complaints about the bar and the stewards, they r slowly taking the title of the biggest scum in ireland off their neighbours..........whats their name again

oh ya....scumrock rovers

Neil
22/11/2003, 12:04 PM
That **** Heary should have been banned after shoving Jim O'Neill at the Cross last year...

Pitting oul Jim didn't have the balls to report it, leaving Heary away scot free.

I wonder did Oily Byrne have any influence on O'Neill?
Not that I'm suggesting there was anything untoward went on...

No no... Oily wouldn't bribe people....

ccfcgirl
22/11/2003, 12:30 PM
every day theres a new complaint on the echo iwas reading yesterdays well ago about all our players whom have to leave for international duty "killed us this season"

DolansWaistcoat
22/11/2003, 2:43 PM
Dolan is complaining a bit much imo.Hes got the reputation now that he will complain about everything to cover up his team's and his own Faults.Thats way if there is anything really wrong or untoward done against him or city, it wont be taken seriously by the powers that be.

STOP RANTING ON THE ECHO PAT.(unless ranting is really needed)

Counting Crow
22/11/2003, 2:58 PM
Sometimes there can be method to these coaches madness.

Bobby Knight ( a famous BBall coach in the US ) had a team one year that was playing rubbish. Knight had a fiery temper and one game he flung a chair accross the court, got sent off and was lambasted by the press for the next few weeks.

He wrote in his biography years later that he did it on purpose to take the heat off the players and onto himself. Guess what - it worked because that year Indianna University won the NCAA going on a 12 game unbeaten run after the"chair incident".

Alex Ferguson is famous ( or infamous ) for it also.

Interesting.

DolansWaistcoat
22/11/2003, 3:04 PM
Start flinging plastic chairs from the main stand Dolan ya mad bast**d.Maybe Jim o Neill will be fourth offical and get a smack.:D

Counting Crow
22/11/2003, 3:34 PM
How about ..... into the DF Stand ........ at the "George knockers".

Would get one of the biggest cheers of the season from the real fans.;)

jofyisgod
23/11/2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow

Great idea!:D They might actually shut up then.

Éanna
24/11/2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Neil
That **** Heary should have been banned after shoving Jim O'Neill at the Cross last year...

Pitting oul Jim didn't have the balls to report it, leaving Heary away scot free.

I wonder did Oily Byrne have any influence on O'Neill?
Not that I'm suggesting there was anything untoward went on...

No no... Oily wouldn't bribe people....
same way there was othing dodgy about pats dropping the charges against oily for the incident in inchicore the same week that the "Dublin tournament" was announced :rolleyes:
Honest to ****, I'd rather have seen rovers win the league than shels. they are a horrible horrible club with horrible fans, horrible players, a horrible manager and horrible directors. scum

Dodge
24/11/2003, 11:33 AM
Pats didn't drop any charges. It went to court in July. The court found that although he had stuck his fingers up therews no malice intended. It was a garda thing, Pats didn't bring him to court (they had no grounds to)

Éanna
24/11/2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Pats didn't drop any charges. It went to court in July. The court found that although he had stuck his fingers up therews no malice intended. It was a garda thing, Pats didn't bring him to court (they had no grounds to)
woops, sorry. just I heard different from a number of people :)

pete
25/11/2003, 9:21 AM
Seen the incident on tv & was nothing. Dolan would be better off preparing his team to win matches that bitching about stuff like that.

:rolleyes:

max power
25/11/2003, 9:38 AM
someone stamped on pat, its a kick the hole he needs, not to be stamped on !!!

TheNorthsider
25/11/2003, 10:08 AM
get on with preparing for next season pat stop using smokescreens to hide whats going on start talking about city ,city players and forget what everyone else is doing

NorthoftheLee
25/11/2003, 10:39 AM
that was a nothing incident and Pat should really know better than to go on about it.....Pat please concentrate on the Drogs game and forget this crap......

niamh
25/11/2003, 12:45 PM
What will happen to de Echo if he ever decides to stop talking?!

Shed End John
25/11/2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow

Of course it would.:D :D

Éanna
26/11/2003, 4:26 PM
Dolan can be petty at times, but heary had this coming. the guy is a total thug and gets away with allsorts

jofyisgod
26/11/2003, 5:31 PM
Originally posted by niamh
What will happen to de Echo if he ever decides to stop talking?!

Financial cut-backs-SACK SPILLAGE!
Lets make Pat do a sponsored silence.

Neil
26/11/2003, 8:34 PM
Ollie Byrne has dismissed the incident as an accident.

"Pat Dolan was on the touchline. I’m sure it was an accident," said Byrne. "Pat is a very passionate man. Sometimes he is inclined to jump to conclusions. I would think in the cold light of day he will realise it was an accident."

-----

That's how Ollie explains all the "accidents" that have seen him end up in court over the years.
:rolleyes:

tiktok
27/11/2003, 9:24 AM
Much ado about nothing IMO, saw the incident on EL weekly.
Hopefully it is as was suggested a means of taking the focus off the players before the last game of the season, to give them some breathing space.

unfortunately at this stage i think it's more likely so that newspaper inches can be filled with everything other that reasons why we've had such a dismal run of late, and why we're staggering over the end line when a european spot is at stake.

pete
27/11/2003, 9:57 AM
Had already taped eL weekly so had another look at last night.

Ball goes out of play, Dolan sticks hand out to maybe stop for going inot the stand, when sees Heary coming over kinda taps away to delay the throw a bit.
Heary gets the ball as Dolan is standing on the edge of technical area.
Heary winding up for throw, IMO deliberately backs up & shoves Dolan, steps on Dolans foot (can't see how could be deliberate).
Dolan reacts, Heary with back to Dolan backs up again only to move another 10 yards forward before completing the throw in.

Couldn't see how Dolan got his leg scraped but then again probably not take much contact from studs to do that. Heary definitely stood on Dolans foot was definitely trying to get at him by backing in to shove him.

Still bit o nothing incident & can't see what Pat has to gain by pursuing even if he in the right.

DolansWaistcoat
27/11/2003, 10:41 AM
Cut out the crap Pat,you're a big boy now.Why don't ya get Heary on his own and sort him out then.

No need to go crying to the echo all the time!:(

Éanna
27/11/2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by pete
Still bit o nothing incident & can't see what Pat has to gain by pursuing even if he in the right.
Yeah, I have to agree there. It does seem a bit petty. Fact is though, that Heary is a ****-stirrer who got away with assaulting a ref in the Cross this season. Maybe Dolan would be best off looking for an apology and then dropping the complaint. No harm to see someone taking Shels on.

As for what Ollie Byrne says, there have been a number of judges and juries in the past who haven't believed what he says, and with good reason.

jofyisgod
27/11/2003, 5:38 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
Hey, what's all this anti-Pat stuff? If Georgie had been stamped on by some jumped up thug we'd be up in arms.

Exactly-just because it wasn't on the pitch doen't mean it wasn't real and didn't hurt.

Although i believe he should just look for an apology and be done with it.

Éanna
27/11/2003, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
Hey, what's all this anti-Pat stuff? If Georgie had been stamped on by some jumped up thug we'd be up in arms. Dolan got treatment for the wound. Maybe going to the gardai isn't the best thing, but I'd be delighted to see Dolan balling his fist and driving into Heary's face. Nothing worse than a nasty snide b*****x, spitting or stamping are nasty snide offences. Why couldn't he turn around and face Pat like a man? Because Dolan would have driven him into next week if he could.
Fair point, but if it had happened on the pitch the ref would have dealt with it, wouldn't he. I think the best solution would be the FAI to punish Heary, but we all know Shels players don't get punished by the FAI, so while I don't like people running off to the authorities like this, it's probably Dolan's only way of making a stand about it. And yes, I'd love to have seen blood streaming from that ugly little bastads face