PDA

View Full Version : Whats goin on in our club????????

Jdrams fan
05/02/2009, 7:20 PM
Can any one tell me whats happenin with the coming season what league are we in. have we our off the pitch problems sorted so we can get on with the real business of creating a team that is worthy of wearing the Claret and Blue.

MainManRam
11/02/2009, 6:26 PM
Can any one tell me whats happenin with the coming season what league are we in.We are in the first division at the mo. have we our off the pitch problems sortedNo and they wont ever be- because of various muppets who only care about there own agenda so we can get on with the real business of creating a team that is worthy of wearing the Claret and Blue.We had a team worthy of the Claret and Blue but didnt know how to look after them

Forever Claret & Blue

bellavistaman
12/02/2009, 5:25 PM
Forever Claret & Blue[/B]

Didnt know how to look after them? We ****in tripled their wages, if thats not looking after them i dont know what is!!! The club ****ed up in paying them money we couldnt afford, hence the mess were in at the moment.:cool:

And how many of them are trying to look after Cobh Ramblers this year? Very few!

MainManRam
12/02/2009, 8:28 PM
Didnt know how to look after them? We ****in tripled their wages, if thats not looking after them i dont know what is!!! The club ****ed up in paying them money we couldnt afford, hence the mess were in at the moment.:cool:

And how many of them are trying to look after Cobh Ramblers this year? Very few!

If any Kiddo.

You are right Kid but the club fu^ke^ up by givin them too much last year. After Promotion I think people thought wed be there forever. I think pay last year should of been performance related with bonus for stayin up and weekly outlay reduced- then some of these players might have given a bit more than they did;)

CyaSun

Redshanks
13/02/2009, 7:09 AM
How about discussing this years pay -since theres no legal budget for any?

pcplod
13/02/2009, 8:04 AM
If anything we rewarded them too greatly and that was our biggest downfall. Then as soon as the going got tough they jumped ship along with the guy who weeks previously claimed to love our club so much and wanted to continue on at colemans park, So much for loyalty.:mad:

We need to start again and slowly build our club back up, if we build a solid foundation then I am sure our club will be able to survive anythiong in the future

the sub
13/02/2009, 9:55 AM

As I said no contracts have been signed no money was discussed with players.
So will we all stop making statements without foundation and get on with what you should and that is spending time saving ur club

pcplod
13/02/2009, 10:02 AM
We are trying well some of us anyway we tried to aet up a meeting the other night for fundraising ideas abd 3 of us turned up so how the hell are three of us supposed to save the club, stop preaching we are trying our best but when you meet obstaciles at every turn it isnt easy

luka
13/02/2009, 10:09 AM
I couldn't make that meeting the other night as I had the flu but like I said somewhere I have an A4 sheet of ideas at home. I've also be working very hard at home over the past week speaking to people and companies regarding certain aspects of fundraising and in fact I had a meeting yesterday afternoon with one such person. Cork City's group FORAS have also been in touch with me so steady progress is being made and I will update everyone next time we meet.

pcplod
13/02/2009, 10:14 AM
I know you were ill and wasnt refering yo you b ut there is a whole lot of other members that didnt bother to turn up

luka
13/02/2009, 10:18 AM
I know you were ill and wasnt refering to you

I know that. To be honest I don't think many are interested in getting involved especially after the lambasting that the Sunderland guys were given for all their efforts. My own peosonal opinion there is that that's what turned most people off getting involved in running things etc etc.

the sub
13/02/2009, 11:10 AM
We are trying well some of us anyway we tried to aet up a meeting the other night for fundraising ideas abd 3 of us turned up so how the hell are three of us supposed to save the club, stop preaching we are trying our best but when you meet obstaciles at every turn it isnt easy
Not preaching but you look at the City game great way to make money now they are playing Blarney yes a MSL team if they charge 5 euro per person they will make approx 3k for the night. If you had the game you would have made 6k at least.
What p##s me off if people coming on the threard saying I herd this from this guy/girl and 9/10 not true just stirring so you divide the group which is working seen as only 3 turned up to your meeting on Sunday.
You have so called supporters that would DIE for the club where were they.
Then you get them on the thread upset because someone said something on the thread they did not like about the club.
I hope you survive and stay in 1st div because if you do not the club will not survive in A league. If you stay in the 1div you will have to pay your players atleast a minum payment, if they are working who is going to pay them if they have to leave work to travel to Sligo or far a field for a cup game or league match, who is going to pay their petrol money traveling twice a week for traning and to meet the bus in Cobh on weekends or home game.
You have to get real and live in the real world nobody is going to play for Cobh Ramblers for nothing.

6yardpunisha
13/02/2009, 11:24 AM
Not preaching but you look at the City game great way to make money now they are playing Blarney yes a MSL team if they charge 5 euro per person they will make approx 3k for the night. If you had the game you would have made 6k at least.
What p##s me off if people coming on the threard saying I herd this from this guy/girl and 9/10 not true just stirring so you divide the group which is working seen as only 3 turned up to your meeting on Sunday.
You have so called supporters that would DIE for the club where were they.
Then you get them on the thread upset because someone said something on the thread they did not like about the club.
I hope you survive and stay in 1st div because if you do not the club will not survive in A league. If you stay in the 1div you will have to pay your players atleast a minum payment, if they are working who is going to pay them if they have to leave work to travel to Sligo or far a field for a cup game or league match, who is going to pay their petrol money traveling twice a week for traning and to meet the bus in Cobh on weekends or home game.
You have to get real and live in the real world nobody is going to play for Cobh Ramblers for nothing.

Not saying they are not going to be paid nothing, it has been suggested that we would pay them an amount during the half way break if we have the funds and again at the end of the season with some expenses paid during the season. We cannot pay what we dont have

luka
13/02/2009, 11:35 AM
We cannot pay what we dont have

The most sensible comment I've read here for a while!!

the sub
13/02/2009, 12:07 PM
The most sensible comment I've read here for a while!!

It might be!!! but if you do not pay the people who will bring supporters through the gate, do you expect them to play for no fee just because the club messed up.
As I said who is going to pay for their lost wages also the cost of petrol going to the club every week, do expect them to loose money every week so that you can clear your debt. If someone went and played msl league they would get atleat 100 euro a week from some top clubs.
I don,t know I might be wrong and if so you have very loyal players who are prepared to loose money just to play with Cobh and that is great if that is the case.
Any way that is not the issue until you do get your 1st div licence and you know what div you will be playing next year.
If you are playing A league you can use last reserve players plus youth and under 17's. but the next question how many supportrs will pay to see A league football . Its a catch 22 .. play I div and pay players and get supporters, play A league not pay player and get no supporters and then you cannot pay your debts.

Redshanks
13/02/2009, 1:22 PM
Ok lets just rob a bank and get to pay the wages that way, and it might be more honest than before. -Sub you can lead the way and I'll come in behind you to give you cover. While we are in there lets take enough cash to pay off all our creditors.

ffs -who needs to get real?

luka
13/02/2009, 1:27 PM
Ok lets just rob a bank
I'm in..............

the sub
13/02/2009, 1:47 PM
Ok lets just rob a bank and get to pay the wages that way, and it might be more honest than before. -Sub you can lead the way and I'll come in behind you to give you cover. While we are in there lets take enough cash to pay off all our creditors.

ffs -who needs to get real?

well stop sitting on your hands and doing nothing and I suppose you are going to blame all the in fighting which is going on.
Dont blame me I just giving it as it is how else are you going to get players to play for you.

You & Cobh need to get real its not my fault renevue and creditors are owed 500k and nothing done in the last 8 months with regards to saving Cobh Ramblers only talk about everything blaming everyone.
Dont reply to me if you are going to say something smart, just tell me what you and your supports and members are going to do to support Cobh.
I will be the first to put my hand in my pocket and support your club

pcplod
13/02/2009, 2:19 PM
The cancelling of the cork city game was down to the manager and him saying the team wasnt ready. Now correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that preseason was for preparing:rolleyes:

As for expenses they have been budgeted for.
Its obvious to the dog on the street that we have no money so even if we did come up with wages it would kill us as then we would have an even greater revenue bill, if we are to survive we need to go amater and reward the players in a simaler way that the gaa do

6yardpunisha
13/02/2009, 2:47 PM
It might be!!! but if you do not pay the people who will bring supporters through the gate, do you expect them to play for no fee just because the club messed up.
As I said who is going to pay for their lost wages also the cost of petrol going to the club every week, do expect them to loose money every week so that you can clear your debt. If someone went and played msl league they would get atleat 100 euro a week from some top clubs.
I don,t know I might be wrong and if so you have very loyal players who are prepared to loose money just to play with Cobh and that is great if that is the case.
Any way that is not the issue until you do get your 1st div licence and you know what div you will be playing next year.
If you are playing A league you can use last reserve players plus youth and under 17's. but the next question how many supportrs will pay to see A league football . Its a catch 22 .. play I div and pay players and get supporters, play A league not pay player and get no supporters and then you cannot pay your debts.

did you not read what i said about having 2 payments to the players over the course of the season, we have NO MONEY at all,creditors screaming for money aswell as the taxman and BTW talks have happened over money as the committee have said there will be a playing budget hence the cuts in the bar as the staff were told there will be a playing budget. That is a FACT not a rumour or heresay but a certified FACT

the sub
13/02/2009, 3:03 PM
did you not read what i said about having 2 payments to the players over the course of the season, we have NO MONEY at all,creditors screaming for money aswell as the taxman and BTW talks have happened over money as the committee have said there will be a playing budget hence the cuts in the bar as the staff were told there will be a playing budget. That is a FACT not a rumour or heresay but a certified FACT

Well did you not understand what I was saying, if you do not pay the players you will not get experance players to play with Cobh only last years A league players, under 18s and un 17's.
Then when you keep loosing your games you will get supporters not going to games no money through the gates, no money to pay your creditors or revenue.
At least if you pay players enough to keep the experance within the team, with ur Aleague, youths ect players getting the expereance, then you can change how you pay the players.
If you read what Luka wrote only 8 players at traning last night find out how many of last years players who played week in week out were there.
Now ask yourself the question where are you going to get players to play with Cobh for little or nothing then expect supporters to go to the games while loosing.
That is a FACT ...
you can come back and tell me all or most of last years regular players will play for nil payment I will put my hands up and say sorry.

6yardpunisha
13/02/2009, 3:20 PM
Well did you not understand what I was saying, if you do not pay the players you will not get experance players to play with Cobh only last years A league players, under 18s and un 17's.
Then when you keep loosing your games you will get supporters not going to games no money through the gates, no money to pay your creditors or revenue.
At least if you pay players enough to keep the experance within the team, with ur Aleague, youths ect players getting the expereance, then you can change how you pay the players.
If you read what Luka wrote only 8 players at traning last night find out how many of last years players who played week in week out were there.
Now ask yourself the question where are you going to get players to play with Cobh for little or nothing then expect supporters to go to the games while loosing.
That is a FACT ...
you can come back and tell me all or most of last years regular players will play for nil payment I will put my hands up and say sorry.

WE HAVE NO MONEY, EARTH TO THE SUB, WE HAVE NO MONEY.

I said earlier that we could pay them twice in the year but if they wont do it f**k them, club is more important

pcplod
13/02/2009, 3:35 PM

I said earlier that we could pay them twice in the year but if they wont do it f**k them, club is more important

Couldnt have said it better myself the club is what matters not a group of pre madonnas. There will be players who will play for nothing

the sub
13/02/2009, 4:45 PM

whos fault is that mine, Im hearing the same thing for the last 8 months and you did nothing about it,
And I will repeat myself again did Cork City, Athlone, Dorgs Galway, and Limerick not long ago got on with what they had to do as a team SAVED THEIR CLUB.
So you can be smart trying to say I might be thick from your smart ass reply, but if every club and even business buried their heads in the sand and wait for the knock on the door, and tehn say sorry, ''it was not my fault'', I knew months ago but did nothing about it next everything is gone.
That is what I have been saying and I will keep saying it weather you like to hear it or not and that is a FACT.
You were hoping the FAI to bail you out which did not happen because I think they seen and heard all the back all the negitives that came out of Cobh, plus saw no one trying to organise a group to save the club and saw as a bad investment.

over the bridge
13/02/2009, 4:49 PM
Having observed this forum for the past couple of months,and watched ramblers on and off over the Past thirty years. It is time for everyone at this great family oriented club to start pulling together and focus on the survival of football at St Colemans Park. Pc plod is right what matters is not EGO's But THE CLUB and the survival of league of Ireland football at St Colemans Park.

the sub
13/02/2009, 4:52 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself the club is what matters not a group of pre madonnas. There will be players who will play for nothing
The pot calling the kettle black, were you one of the main people trying to topple the Chairman and spread negative comments for all to see.
Would not support the club or back the votes at egm, now all of a sudden trying to cury favor with the main thread supporters of the club.
At least the other thread writers might not agree in what I say but at least they are the true supporters of Cobh Ramblers. As I said if I'm wrong I will say sorry have you?

luka
13/02/2009, 5:11 PM
Would the real 'pcplod' please step forward :eek:

ramblers
13/02/2009, 5:55 PM
I dont belive there are many players who will play for nothing and as was said earlyier if the team are getting beaten every week no one will go to see them. In the current climate no one is going to pay 10-15 euro to go and see a team beaten.

I am wondering what people meany by the club is more important then paying players. If you cant bring people through the gate the club may as well not be there.

I think some kind of budget can be scraped togther for the players of 1500 to 2000 a week I know people will say there is no money but you have to spend a little to accumalate and I belive if there were tight controls in the club this could be found.

It would take someone with a good brain and attention to detail and great negotiating skills with suppliers sponsers etc.

Barack Obama springs to mind!! 800 billion would do it!!

6yardpunisha
13/02/2009, 7:08 PM
whos fault is that mine, Im hearing the same thing for the last 8 months and you did nothing about it,
And I will repeat myself again did Cork City, Athlone, Dorgs Galway, and Limerick not long ago got on with what they had to do as a team SAVED THEIR CLUB.
So you can be smart trying to say I might be thick from your smart ass reply, but if every club and even business buried their heads in the sand and wait for the knock on the door, and tehn say sorry, ''it was not my fault'', I knew months ago but did nothing about it next everything is gone.
That is what I have been saying and I will keep saying it weather you like to hear it or not and that is a FACT.
You were hoping the FAI to bail you out which did not happen because I think they seen and heard all the back all the negitives that came out of Cobh, plus saw no one trying to organise a group to save the club and saw as a bad investment.

people will not fundraise or help out while the current regime remains at the top table - FACT - it might not be right but its unfortunately true, reasons for this are aplenty. one big example would be the sunderland sub committee, a group of individuals who by all accounts to a man/woman bust their balls for the club and ended up being s**t upon by all accounts by the main committee and also by certain members.
Wasnt being a smartarse but we dont have a pot to p**s in and the current economic climate it will be nearly impossible to raise money.

1 last question that you dont seem to be asking is, what have the committee since the season ended?

pcplod
13/02/2009, 8:11 PM
Sub I think you are greatly mistaken in your comments towards me and if you look back through my posts you will see that I am one of the people who have defended our Chairman week in and week out and I have always said that there is noone out there who can do his job better. I firmly believed this for a long time but I am know holding my hand up and saying that my opinion has now changed I believe our club has come as far as possible under this commitee and that it is time for change. I know people will be lining up to say I told you so and fair enough I am willing to take the snide remarks the main thing now is that We Save Our Club and that is getting harder and harder to do while this commitee are in charge. So sub I will wait for your appology and all the I told you so's:ball:

pcplod
13/02/2009, 8:14 PM
Would the real 'pcplod' please step forward :eek:

WTF are you on about

pcplod
13/02/2009, 8:18 PM
I dont belive there are many players who will play for nothing and as was said earlyier if the team are getting beaten every week no one will go to see them. In the current climate no one is going to pay 10-15 euro to go and see a team beaten.

I am wondering what people meany by the club is more important then paying players. If you cant bring people through the gate the club may as well not be there.

I think some kind of budget can be scraped togther for the players of 1500 to 2000 a week I know people will say there is no money but you have to spend a little to accumalate and I belive if there were tight controls in the club this could be found.

It would take someone with a good brain and attention to detail and great negotiating skills with suppliers sponsers etc.

Barack Obama springs to mind!! 800 billion would do it!!

While I dont agree with paying the players I do see your point and fair enough but I do think that the current committee have no credibilty left and to negotiate this deal if it were possible we will need new people at the helm

luka
13/02/2009, 8:21 PM
WTF are you on about

I thought it would be a simple enough one to pick up on but obviously not. What I mean is, 'The Sub' is assuming that you are someone else and not you as in you. In simpler terms, he has you mixed up with a member of the opposite sex.............that's WTF I'm on about.

pcplod
13/02/2009, 8:41 PM
ok but what i fail to get is how people are mixing me up and with who.
Do people not know by now who I am?:rolleyes:

don ramo
13/02/2009, 8:54 PM
you have to pay players, if your a semi-pro club, like us, you pay players,

its called a performance related contract folks,

its not that the commitee has gone as far as it can, it can go alot further, there are good people who know what there doing, but people have to support the club, this is what its built on, and its the right way to go, except for when its not supported, now we have develope a new way to run it,

no piont talking, myself, plod, luka, 14, and 72 are trying to arrange things but if noone will follow us wtf are we suppose to do, i know jack about fundraisers, but ill give it a go, the only thing i refuse to sacrifice is my match day,

Ram72
14/02/2009, 12:45 AM
I disagree with the point that the current committee can take us further.
The club has been brought to its knees and there has not been alot of leadership shown by the committee over the last 12 months. They simply have not preformed. In any other business if a person didn't preform they would be sacked.
The A.G.M. is coming up on the 1st of march and it is time for change. There are some good members out who there should be given a chance.
No disrespect to the current committee or previous committees but it is time for new and younger blood to be brought in and given a chance to run the club.

don ramo
14/02/2009, 1:15 AM
there is a whole new commitee up for election, also there is vice chairman and treasurer up for election, thats 7 positions up for grabs,

this is whats going on, im not gonna be applyin, who is

Redshanks
14/02/2009, 7:31 AM
Okay -our club had recently been dragged kicking and screaming into the real world with the reality that we had been operating and spending away and above our means, not just last year but for years. The policy of putting players first above everything else in the absense of matching gates brought it all to a head.

Now peope are asking us to revert back to that failed policy of paying out money we dont have! If a weekly €2,000 budget is all that simple to raise -lets have from you!

Then entered our new financial controller who looked over our books and methods of operations and we were quiclky brought down to earth with a bitter dose of reality. He made us all see that you just cannot pay people money that you dont have -you must repay your creditors first or you dont survive to do what you were there for in the first place -FOOTBALL.

So now we have people like the sub -kicking all our asses because we wasted months not preparing for now and having a budget in place to pay players. I can see where he is coming from and he can be forgiven for believing he knows whats going on from reading our posts here, but he clearly hasnt a clue or clear picture to the history to all this and why we are where we are (why there was no fundraising).

Its simple -we havnt a budget for players now and the members have already decided that any money that can be raised must go to pay off our creditors (remember some are owed money going back years).

Now that might be a frustrating prospect for people like the Sub, but they might consider for a moment how we feel about it. They might also consider that when some fundraising efforts were attempted some months ago, they were met by some peope who said they would only handover their money if certain conditions were met.
Hasnt the Sub also said in a previous thread that if certain conditions were met, he would put his hand in his pocket? - now he knows

As for only 8 players turning up for training' -I might be wrong about this, but i have a feeling the reason for this poor turnout has little to do with money but more to do with a management issue.