PDA

View Full Version : Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

irishultra
04/02/2009, 10:54 PM
on the bench tonight for everton in the fa cup. lets hope he makes the breakthrough there. fantastic full back.

tetsujin1979
05/02/2009, 12:04 AM
you sure? According to the lineups on evertonfc.com - http://www.evertonfc.com/match/report/0809/34834/everton-v-liverpool.html?t=4 - the subs were Jack Rodwell, Joseph Yobo, Lars Jacobsen, Carlo Nash, Segundo Castillo, Andy Van der Meyde and Dan Gosling

Incidentally, Jack Rodwell is the best pron star name ever. FACT.

Colbert Report
05/02/2009, 1:02 AM
Coleman was not on the bench today.

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/match?id=261515&league=ENG.FA&cc=5901

Razors left peg
05/02/2009, 11:55 AM
By this time next year he will be first team regular for Everton

dannydundalk
05/02/2009, 1:49 PM
sean connor has said he expects coleman to make his irish debut within the next 2 years

Dyl10
05/02/2009, 7:27 PM
sean connor has said he expects coleman to make his irish debut within the next 2 years

I had hope for him up until I read that :p

RockofGibraltar
05/02/2009, 8:21 PM
to be fair everton is a great club for him to join..david moyes isnt afraid to throw a yound lad into the mix if he thinks hes ready..look at the likes of wayne rooney, leon osman, jack rodwell and dan gosling they all played for everton before the age of 18 (i could be wrong) so coleman definitely has a chance if he works hard

whiteagle
05/02/2009, 10:35 PM
Dont go jumping the gun es only there a week , give him time , hes a great raw talent with a bright future :)

RockofGibraltar
06/02/2009, 6:12 PM
i know im not under any allusions..some people are saying he'll be right back for the euro qualifiers..now thats jumping the gun.. all im saying is moyes has a good reputation for blooding youngsters so it was probably the best prem club for him to go to in terms of first team oppurtunities and development

sligoman
08/02/2009, 6:50 PM
Took him signing for Everton before a thread was started on him here, signed for a Premiership club so becomes great over-night:o.

Seamie has been a great player for a while now, he didn't need to sign for Everton to show that.

Razors left peg
08/02/2009, 6:52 PM
Took him signing for Everton before a thread was started on him here:o. Signed for a Premiership club so becomes great over-night.

Seamie has been a great player for a while now, he didn't need to sign for Everton to show that.

Well in fairness Everton are a slightly bigger club playing at a slightly higher level!!!!! :)

sligoman
08/02/2009, 7:00 PM
Well in fairness Everton are a slightly bigger club playing at a slightly higher level!!!!! :)Has he played for them yet to prove that he's ready for this higher level? I'm not saying that he's not(I think he is), just annoyed that just because he's signed for Everton he's been mentioned on the Ireland forum straight away. He's the same player that played with Rovers last November, people would probably have laughed at the thought of him playing for Ireland back then.

Razors left peg
08/02/2009, 7:15 PM
Has he played for them yet to prove that he's ready for this higher level? I'm not saying that he's not(I think he is), just annoyed that just because he's signed for Everton he's been mentioned on the Ireland forum straight away. He's the same player that played with Rovers last November, people would probably have laughed at the thought of him playing for Ireland back then.

Nobody here has said that he should be considered for the national team yet. But if in a year or so time he has gotten into Evertons first team and is playing regularly then yes he should be considered.
Im a season ticket holder in the League of Ireland for years but I dont think that any player from here can be expected to go from playing against the likes of UCD, Cobh, Finn Harps, Galway United etc to go into the National team to play away to Italy for example.Yes I would love if the League he was strong enough for that and in future I hope it is but at the moment that players have to be playing consistantly against a higher standard of opposition if they want to be regulars in Ireland squads

tetsujin1979
08/02/2009, 8:55 PM
Has he played for them yet to prove that he's ready for this higher level? I'm not saying that he's not(I think he is), just annoyed that just because he's signed for Everton he's been mentioned on the Ireland forum straight away. He's the same player that played with Rovers last November, people would probably have laughed at the thought of him playing for Ireland back then.
just like to point out he was mentioned in the U-21 squad and game threads quite a bit.

Donegalcelt
10/02/2009, 10:04 PM
Seamus Coleman made his debut for Everton reserves in a 1-0 loss against Middlesbrough in the FA Premier Reserve League tonight.
He "gave a solid debut performance at right-back, playing a full 90 minutes for Andy Holden's side, contributing to what was a confident display by the Blues' back four up until the final minute," according to Everton website.
They conceded a last minute winner

sligofan4ever
16/03/2009, 4:15 PM
Its worth noting the lad hasn't even been given a Squad number for Everton, thats how far down the pecking order he is.

Ciaran WTF does squad numbers have to with him not being in the squad ? he's probably not getting one this season as its likely he wont feature till next season in the first team. Well I shouldn't argue with you as its obvious you don't give two sh!tes about the LoI or players who leave the LoI and go abroad to play, by the way, hows Keith Fahey getting on at Birmingham ? :D

rambler14
17/03/2009, 12:01 PM
Its a relevant comment when the topic creator claims he's on the bench in the FA Cup. That won't be happening in the foreseeable future. =D

He's classed as a first teamer though!

Proof here (http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html) and here (http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1587260,00.html)

Junior
27/03/2009, 9:02 PM
looked decent enough in the U21's tonight at Rightback. Unfortunately went off injured in the 2nd half though.

Stuttgart88
29/03/2009, 2:10 PM
I thought he was super for the U21s. Looks a far better player than McShane in that position - he's not afraid of the ball for a start.

redobit
29/03/2009, 4:43 PM
Have heard he has been given a squad number - No. 31

Red&White Rover
29/03/2009, 4:47 PM
Heard that alright. He'll feature before the end of the season, I have no doubt.

He'd honestly be a better option than McShane.

tetsujin1979
24/09/2009, 12:08 AM
Short article about Coleman on toffeweb: http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/09-10/comment/mailbag/mailbagitem.asp?submissionID=13189

Murfinator
24/09/2009, 9:33 AM
It's not a glowing recommendation for the lad if there's three right backs out injured and Moyes still doesn't want to put him on the squad.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into the new Stephen O Halloran :o

centre mid
24/09/2009, 9:56 AM
It's not a glowing recommendation for the lad if there's three right backs out injured and Moyes still doesn't want to put him on the squad.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into the new Stephen O Halloran :o

He is injured, afaik Moyes wouldnt include a player who is on the injured list.

Predator
24/09/2009, 12:23 PM
Hopefully Coleman can go on and push for a place. Although now it looks possible that he'll be 3rd choice for full back. Maybe he'll go out on loan after Christmas.

gustavo
17/10/2009, 2:27 PM
On bench for Everton today

gustavo
22/10/2009, 1:54 PM
making his debut tonight against Benfica in the Estadio da Luz , Game is live on Setanta Ireland

mr.untitled
22/10/2009, 2:07 PM
Heard hibbert has to fill in at centre half so Coleman getting to start, excellent stuff!!

Donegalcelt
22/10/2009, 2:49 PM
That's the word this morning. Brilliant news

boovidge
22/10/2009, 3:25 PM
The game starts at 6 pm incase anyone's thinking about switching on at 7:45. It'd be great if Coleman can impress his way into the first team.

youngirish
22/10/2009, 3:27 PM
I've heard rumours Dan Gosling is being used at right back.

mr.untitled
22/10/2009, 4:05 PM
coleman confirmed
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/coleman-in-for-depleted-blues.html

rambler14
22/10/2009, 4:16 PM
Starting at left-back.
He's left-footed even though he plays right-back more often than not. Doesn't he?

SkStu
22/10/2009, 5:57 PM
not watching it but seems he is doing okay - may have been somewhat at fauilt for the goal?

A solid start for Everton debutant Seamus Coleman. He has coped well with everything thrown at him in a frenetic first 10 minutes and looks comfortable enough on the ball too.

Angel Di Maria's deep cross from the left eludes Seamus Coleman at the far post and drops for Javier Saviola, who volleys down into the ground and sends the ball bouncing past Tim Howard and into the opposite corner of the net.

Another Angel Di Maria cross, deep to the back-post, but this time Seamus Coleman is equal to it and hustles a mistake out of Javier Saviola.

chazzle
22/10/2009, 6:16 PM
howayis, not really watching it either but they are 4-0 down now, so not the most memorable of debuts for the fella

theworm2345
22/10/2009, 6:31 PM
not watching it but seems he is doing okay - may have been somewhat at fauilt for the goal?
Make that four goals (don't know if any of them were his fault)...either way it doesn't bode well for him :o

Predator
22/10/2009, 7:23 PM
I watched the game. He was absolutely terrible. Way out of his depth.

SkStu
22/10/2009, 7:33 PM
I watched the game. He was absolutely terrible. Way out of his depth.

seems to me like there were more players than Seamie out of their depth in Portugal tonight... and Fellaini seems to be taking a lot of the rap on the messageboards.

Was he directly at fault for any of the goals do you reckon?

gustavo
22/10/2009, 7:45 PM
He could have done better for the first but he was hardly any worse than the rest of them

mr.untitled
22/10/2009, 7:48 PM
watched the game, some terrible ball watching by Coleman for the first, got forward well in the second but was very slow to get back. Most of the trouble for everton came down the other flank tho. Not a great debut, would love to see him at left back with Jagelka back at center half and someone decent offering a bit of cover infront.

Predator
22/10/2009, 8:10 PM
seems to me like there were more players than Seamie out of their depth in Portugal tonight... and Fellaini seems to be taking a lot of the rap on the messageboards.

Was he directly at fault for any of the goals do you reckon?
The whole Everton team was outclassed, but Coleman made the same mistake every time which left the defence very exposed, considering that all Benfica's play was going down the wings. Every time he got the ball, Coleman was looking to beat a man or bomb forward, but when he did, he either lost the ball or was caught way out of position and seemed lethargic in getting back into position.

I hear a few people excusing his performance by saying he's out of position... full back is full back, Coleman was just all right foot tonight and at this level, not being able to use both feet is a weakness. Gosling was similarly poor and but he's not a defender. I think Moyes might have had better luck had he actually played a centre half in Duffy with Distin and let Hibbert play in his natural position. Coleman looks like he either needs to get back to full fitness or work on his game. Maybe a loan move after Christmas would benefit him?

centre mid
22/10/2009, 8:18 PM
The defence got little or no help from the Midfield, Neville is sorely missed there. I think Coleman was probably culpable for the first two, he was just wrong side of his man for the 2nd one although his centrehalf could've been a bit closer to him.

CF1989
22/10/2009, 11:39 PM
apart from the first goal theres no way he was at fault for any of the others.

bilyedieniev (forgive the spelling) offered him no support whatsoever defensively. what a young lad needs on his debut. and anyone who says he was worse than hibbert or distin, two experienced premier league players wasnt watching the same game.

its not the same thing at all playing right back or left back. two different positions. if your used to playing at right full for a few years and then your thrown in at left full on your debut in front of 30000 or more your hardly going to be totally comfortable.

very harsh saying he's totally out of his depth. certainly was no worse than any other everton player. is tim cahill out of his depth? touched the ball twice id say

Rovers Maniac
23/10/2009, 12:14 AM
Everton were shambolic, and come on lay off the lad he is given his debut and then told he will have to play on the wrong side. Of course it makes a huge difference even for tackling. For the performance i blame the senior players first and foremost though, Useless crowds of clowns. Cahill was useless, Hibbert and Distin no hope with either of those. Coleman was very exposed and very very green. From what i seen of Duffy and read about him he is certainly not ready yet.

Seamie Coleman does not look fit and i think a loan move to a lower division club would do him the world of good. I think he needs to learn he is a defender first and an attacker second but he is still an exciting talent.

Predator
23/10/2009, 2:44 AM
Maybe I am being a bit harsh, but the lad's 21 and he looked very much like a League of Ireland player tonight. He'll need to get more games under his belt - I shouldn't be judging him too quickly... I was just surprised; I thought he'd step up.

Duffy's definitely not ready yet. He's only 17 like.

irishfan86
23/10/2009, 3:33 AM
Maybe I am being a bit harsh, but the lad's 21 and he looked very much like a League of Ireland player tonight. He'll need to get more games under his belt - I shouldn't be judging him too quickly... I was just surprised; I thought he'd step up.

Duffy's definitely not ready yet. He's only 17 like.

It was a very tough environment for a debut though- out of position, away from home, and having travelled. I'd withhold judgement for now without getting too excited one way or the other.

dr_peepee
23/10/2009, 8:03 AM
I hear a few people excusing his performance by saying he's out of position... full back is full back, Coleman was just all right foot tonight and at this level, not being able to use both feet is a weakness.

Jayzus though. He's hardly alone there...

an_ceannaire
23/10/2009, 9:13 AM
Was at the game, for my troubles. Some crack before and after, but the match itself….yuck. Look lads, We all want Seamy to do well, and I am sure he will improve, but call a spade a spade, he was awful Caught out of position all night, at fault for the first 2 goals. Distin was having to play Centre back and left back. Seamy looked terrible in possession, panicky and wobbly. Reminds me of a young Tony Hibbert!! The only consolation for him is, he wasn’t the only one, and he cant get any worse. He was dreadful. Fans not impressed with him atall, and to be fair, they spent a lot of money to get there.
Speaking of dreadful….Jo…the guy is absolutely appalling. City spent £18m on this fella! £18m!!

BigmanCas
23/10/2009, 4:16 PM
That Russian guy gave him no real help in terms of encouragment - rewind back to Liverpool during the week against Lyon - at the tip off Gerrard played his first pass to M Kelly at right back to get an early touch. - no evidence of this type of mentality last night. Also the guy is a right back - it will stand to him I feel!!

soccerboy
23/10/2009, 10:32 PM
feel very sorry for him to be playing in that side/defence tonight...distan was abysmal and looked like he had no interest,hibbert in my opinion is one of the worst players in the premiership...i'm an everton fan and think he is a terrible right back never mind centre half...dan gosling not a full back either...fellaini was brutal fdor 2nd ant 3rd goals...overrall terrible team performance,hopefully coleman will get another chance to shine