PDA

View Full Version : West Ham Academy in Limerick

Paddywhackspurs
04/02/2009, 9:23 PM
Anybody know anything about this new academy that's starting in limerick with fairview.What do the kids get etc etc. Do you think i will be good for Limerick Soccer or are they in it just to take money & take potential good players from Limerick FC & Limerick teams in general on the cheap.

GenerationXI
05/02/2009, 10:35 AM
Anybody know anything about this new academy that's starting in limerick with fairview.What do the kids get etc etc. Do you think i will be good for Limerick Soccer or are they in it just to take money & take potential good players from Limerick FC & Limerick teams in general on the cheap.

No offence, but the leader have a website and you learned from another thread that there was an article (http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/West-Ham-coaches-for-new.4940009.jp) on it. How are any of us supposed to know any more than that?

By the sounds of things it's an exercise in taking kids who are far too young - 4 to 14 - to England to try it over there. Does the domestic game lose out? Not at all: We get them back when they fail and have about as much interest and self-belief as a Vietnamese Hooker after the Americans pulled out...of the Country I mean!

I wish there was a way kids could be restricted from going to the UK until they'd played a full season in the LOI. That'd be difficult to regulate and highly illegal, but when SLK comes to power it'll be one of the first things I'll ask him to do. Those who are left alive will really appreciate it.

Monkfish
05/02/2009, 12:50 PM
Anybody know anything about this new academy that's starting in limerick with fairview. .

Fairview lads on the junior forum may be the ones to ask.

Paddywhackspurs
05/02/2009, 1:24 PM
Fairview lads on the junior forum may be the ones to ask.

& they are ???. :cool:

scotthaworth
05/02/2009, 2:41 PM
I am the owner of S.A.H Coaching, if you read the article in the leader you will see it states that West Ham Development Coaches will be coaching young children at a new soccer course. LET me just state for the record, this is not a west ham academy, THIS is not to take Irelands best talent over to England, IT is not too young to coach children of 4 soccer as every country in the world does this. all THIS is, is an oppurtunity for young children to be coached by proffesionally qualified coaches from the uk whom have an interest in improving young talent and hopefully ensuring they stay in Football in some capaccity as they get older.

Sheridan
05/02/2009, 2:59 PM
Forgive my cynicism, but either you're paying the individuals handsomely (unlikely) or there's something in it for West Ham. British clubs don't act out of altruism, particularly ones with financial problems.

Paddywhackspurs
05/02/2009, 3:05 PM
I am the owner of S.A.H Coaching, if you read the article in the leader you will see it states that West Ham Development Coaches will be coaching young children at a new soccer course. LET me just state for the record, this is not a west ham academy, THIS is not to take Irelands best talent over to England, IT is not too young to coach children of 4 soccer as every country in the world does this. all THIS is, is an oppurtunity for young children to be coached by proffesionally qualified coaches from the uk whom have an interest in improving young talent and hopefully ensuring they stay in Football in some capaccity as they get older.

Fair enough bit what do the kids get with this. I cant see S.A.H sending over coaches for 1 to 2 hours per week without getting something in return. ??????

Monkfish
05/02/2009, 3:38 PM

Acually thats a good point, juniors on this site generally hide which club their involved with. Theres one lad with a Fairview avatar alright if you wanna trawl through the threads? :)

passerrby
05/02/2009, 3:56 PM

first off apoligies to the limerick lads for intruding on the forum but the only interest you and these coaches are in this is for money and to talent spot for overseas clubs
and 4 is a ridiculous age for football coaching and any club should chase this groups from there door.

samba by another name

Paddywhackspurs
05/02/2009, 4:01 PM
first off apoligies to the limerick lads for intruding on the forum but the only interest you and these coaches are in this is for money and to talent spot for overseas clubs
and 4 is a ridiculous age for football coaching and any club should chase this groups from there door.

samba by another name

Another good point. i cant see west ham doing this for the good of football in limerick, or are fairview using this as a ploy to get the best players to sign up for them. it happened before

scotthaworth
05/02/2009, 5:03 PM
To All the scepticle People out there, Why not come along to one of our sessions and see for your self. if you have children send them down. and again can i mention it is not West Ham United Football club, and we will not be sending young children over to the UK.

thanks all for taking time to promote the course on this forum.

KevB76
05/02/2009, 5:19 PM
To All the scepticle People out there, Why not come along to one of our sessions and see for your self. if you have children send them down. and again can i mention it is not West Ham United Football club, and we will not be sending young children over to the UK.

Of course not ....you'll wait til they're 14-16 before you take the cream of our local talent

briancool21
05/02/2009, 5:35 PM
Yeah looks dodgy alright !!!West Ham are **** neway maybe that's what they need our children haha

Paddywhackspurs
05/02/2009, 5:48 PM

Not promoting it just being honest. i find it very strange :confused: i was sure i saw the words WEST HAM UTD in the paper along with Fairview. Unless I'm mistaken there is only one west ham utd that i know of. :rolleyes:

Please do tell me if I'm wrong.. :cool:

oscar
05/02/2009, 9:57 PM

messi and van der wheil

Paddywhackspurs
05/02/2009, 10:09 PM
messi and van der wheil

so i take it scotaworth or what ever it is. Is not a member of fairview

oscar
05/02/2009, 10:11 PM
no he's a wembley man:p

Paddywhackspurs
05/02/2009, 10:14 PM
no he's a wembley man:p

So why in the name of god is he promoting something that is not local & will give nothing back to the clubs.