PDA

View Full Version : paul ready

outside in
04/02/2009, 4:37 PM
i just herd the news paul reidy left the club.let me be the first to thank him for his great work over the last few years and wish him all the best in the future:(

the sub
04/02/2009, 8:10 PM
i just herd the news paul reidy left the club.let me be the first to thank him for his great work over the last few years and wish him all the best in the future:(

Is he your FAI guy who organise event in the run up to games.
If so is the writing on the wall for you playing A Championship this year.
Just asking because if your players have not been paid or revenue not up to date I do not think you will get a licence this year.

pcplod
04/02/2009, 8:23 PM
Ithink you might be right unless cinderella lends us her fairygodmother by midnight or maybe one of us wins the lotto I think its time to face reality unfortunatly.

All the best paul sorry to see ya leave thanks for all the time and effort you put into helping our club, was surprised to here at the meeting sunday from Barry that you were leaving us. GOOD LUCK wherever life takes you next.

don ramo
04/02/2009, 8:47 PM
Is he your FAI guy who organise event in the run up to games.
If so is the writing on the wall for you playing A Championship this year.
Just asking because if your players have not been paid or revenue not up to date I do not think you will get a licence this year.

how is that the writing on the wall, he done a good job, but we dont have the money to pay him, and plus you only get a CPO if you have a premier licence, we dont, and players are sorted BTW, just revenue

the sub
04/02/2009, 9:17 PM
But don't you owe Revenue few hundred thousand euro and the player only 15k.
If you do not sort out revenue how do you expect to get a licence.
The worrying think for Cobh Ramblers with all the meetings you had three or four egm's and last week an info meeting... everything is so quite in so far no fundrasing no getting together to organise these.
How do you expect to get the money to pay your bills, even if you do play A Championship how do you expect to raise money to clear your debts because you will not get many support to games like that.
As I said before if you do not clear revenue they can close you down no joke here

don ramo
04/02/2009, 9:49 PM
it really is an internal matter, so therefore will remain so, theres enough dirty laundry out to keep the planet going,

Ram72
04/02/2009, 10:51 PM
Maybe we should have gone into examinership, seems to work a treat.
Best of luck for the future Paul, thanks for all the work you done for the club.

Jdrams fan
05/02/2009, 7:28 PM
Thanks paul you did us proud people like you are always welcome in Colmans Park you were a huge asset. Best of luck for the future.

Redshanks
07/02/2009, 7:32 AM
Is Paul really gone?
I know the chairman said he was at the last meeting, but others have said they've seen him working around the club since.
It was either a mistake on the chairmans part and he meant someone else, or the man hasnt been told yet. Either way -its some ****-up and someone should get a bollocking over this and how an employee could be treated like that.

Good luck Paul, no matter which way this all pans out.

Marco
19/02/2009, 10:17 PM
Lads;

Its really shattering to be posting for the final time as CPO of Cobh Ramblers, I was truely proud to do so. Anything I every done to promote & create awarness, was for the club and not self promoting as some have said. Last Monday when the fixtures came out it was like a death in the family. To see clubs being mixed and matched with each other knowing that I really would have liked to get stuck in and start preping for the season was sole destroying. In fact I allready had untill I was told a number of weeks ago that the club would not get the support from the FAI in funding my role. I tried to get it sponsored but with the 'A' License being handed out then that put paid to that. I have asked myself over and over again where did it go wrong. I will never forget that night in Athlone, or the crowd against City last season at home, the singing from the lads in the stand who were constantly being slated for bring what every football match needs... athmosphere. Getting thanks from kids who played the half time games was worth all the hassle! seeing groups from special needs cheering the club on, the 100 or so children from Chernobyl who were our mascots or the many contacts and links that was created with so many groups has all but been undone.

My son who goes to school in the heart of the city proudly wore his Ramblers jersey after he was mascot on his birthday & he still talks about the players like they were heroes. This and much more was achieved with very little support and no funds, but thats the way it was & I had to get on with it. I think that this should be the new slogan for the club going forward 'Just Get on With It' because if we dont then Cobh Ramblers Football Club will truely be gone.
There are to many people who depend on the club which is at the heart of the community, right down to all the kids & coaches associated with the club at various levels. I wish it was 2007 again, the First Division when we were in the running for the title, what a buzz. The players were fighting for everything on the pitch, they never gave up & you could see this on that famous night in Athlone. Winning CPO of the year & the Intercultural Best Practice award last season showed that somethng positive was being done.

There is tons of people that have helped me out during my time at the club to many to mention, but I would sincerly like to thank everyone of you, & can only wish that the club get back to the good times where you can just sit back and enjoy the football.

I am privvy of a lot that has gone on at the club, but you wont be hearing any of this on any forum.

What I will say is this, stick together no matter what side of the fence your on, because what the club need now is unity & a huge element of transparency, it needs your backing and only you can fix this fcuking mess thats its in. All the best lads .... Paul Marco Rafa Reidy.

P.S # A simple thanks & best of luck would have done, but not even that could said # :mad:

rambler14
19/02/2009, 11:13 PM
Cheers Paul you did a mighty fine job and it's a shame you can't continue.
I assume your going back into photography so Happy Snapping!

pcplod
19/02/2009, 11:15 PM
Ill echo that Paul thanks a million and good luck

jamesd
19/02/2009, 11:48 PM
I echo all the sentiments here for Paul.

It is the selfless service by people like Paul and makes us all proud of our acheivements and it is these acheivements that should drive us all on to ensure we get the truth and nothing but the truth.

We should be forthright in our vision to re-establish Cobh Ramblers as a place of welcome for the entire community and together as a community compete as a Football Club in all divisions.

We can do this but we can only do this with people involved who have NO self interests and whose only Goal is the success of the Club. Time to route out all the lame ducks and together we will be again proud of our future as we have so much to be proud of our past.

Quite often the good deeds of people are forgotten about and go without mention, however, if we take a leaf from people like Paul and others, then we have a duty to ensure that Cobh Ramblers FC is a place of welcome for all and will be so for many years to come.

Ram72
20/02/2009, 1:38 AM
Paul, thanks for all the good work you have done for our club over the last few years.
I wish you all the best for the future.
Hope to see you down St. Colemans Park in the future. :cool: